Dara MacFadden

Car Police Radars for criminals

I've thought about this for a while and considering I've time to make this on the forums I thought I would.

The idea of having a radar that detects police units (vehicles) in certain areas seems like it could adapt to a lot of criminal RP and stories.

Here's how I thought it would work, You would gather the radio from I'm assuming imports and you would use the item in your car like a normal radio - when a police cruiser is nearby in a certain radius it would beep a certain amount of times and beep faster as they got closer. (obviously this is just what I've experienced in real life as to what I'm basing this off so it could be fine tuned in the server) Things like this may be hard to create but if it could be pulled off it would be neat and super useful to criminals, and act as an immersive item when it comes to street racing RP that could happen in the future.

Obviously there's Pro's and Con's to this suggestion as it can be seen as Overpowered for criminals etc, but I'd be willing to hear peoples opinions below.

You can see them in use here:

• Like 4
  • NAY 4
  • Upvote 1

I've personally had a lot of thoughts about a radio interception script where crims would be able to acquire a radio which can tap in to the PD/SD freq, but since I've joined SD on my alt, I've realized that it wouldn't really work as majority of the proper comms happen on TAC or JTAC, so a system of some sort, where maybe you are notified that a police car is nearby when it comes lets say within 100-200 meters from you with no indication of direction and the requirement to be in the vehicle to get notified (Let's say it would be an item you slot in to the car inventory like a charger or a speaker) would be a great bit of fun, and i feel with the right pricing, the limitation of what information this would provide and requirements that have to be met (i.e. being in your vehicle) balance could be found rather easily, and would potentially allow for a lot of fun rp opportunities  as well as create new laws and charges, would benefit both sides of the cat and mouse chase!

+1

• Like 1

+1

I like the idea,  as Lipq mentioned, would be hard to make use of a radio interception script due to how Tac works, though could still be a possibility to allow someone to listen in on 911 (or SD freq), hearing a pursuit or a code 1 called or seeing 911 calls come in or even hearing dispatch (for those unaware, Dispatch shows who responded to what), all of these could allow for criminals to seize an opportunity and punish PD for over investing into a call.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 4:42 AM, CaesarSeizure said:

+1

I like the idea,  as Lipq mentioned, would be hard to make use of a radio interception script due to how Tac works, though could still be a possibility to allow someone to listen in on 911 (or SD freq), hearing a pursuit or a code 1 called or seeing 911 calls come in or even hearing dispatch (for those unaware, Dispatch shows who responded to what), all of these could allow for criminals to seize an opportunity and punish PD for over investing into a call.

i like this one, the ability to hack their communications or etc.. would be dope to have it scripted since nowadays itll be considered Alt rp and you most likely wont manage to do that 

• Upvote 1