Chase_

Suggestion for Drug Creation Overhaul

I have an idea that I feel will revitalize criminal RP and will bring new life to the server. In real life, drugs can have distinct differences in purity, and I feel that this should be reflected in how they're made. Home labs should make a lower quality alternative to drugs, while the lab locations should make higher quality drugs. Each lab location should make a different type of single, high quality drug. For example, Chiliad would be used to make pure meth

North lab would be used to make pure cocaine, Sea lab would be used to make pure heroin, Braddocks would be used to make pure ecstasy, and Sandy lab would be used to make pure LSD. This would create a new purpose for the drug labs other than simply collecting weed plants and fighting. Drugs cooked at home labs would sell for the same amount as they currently do, and drugs cooked at lab locations would sell for more.

Ingredient shelves would return to the lab locations, but would have different ingredients than home labs so that people wouldn't hoard them. Ingredients that could be purchased at humane labs would have their names changed to reflect lower quality drugs.

As for the time taken to create drugs, it could take as long as the old system, or if could act as described in this thread - 

The following are just ideas, but I feel they would work well - 

Home labs:

Low quality cocaine - Drain cleaner , Baby Laxative(or other cutting agent), Weed plant

Low quality meth - Cough medicine, Cleaning product, Paint thinner, Phone batteries(lithium substitute)

Low quality LSD - Street-Grade Lysergic Acid, Cleaning product , Weed Plant

Low quality heroin - Street-Grade Muriatic Acid(or could be called Pool Cleaner), Sodium, Cleaning Product, Nail-Polish Remover

Low quality Ecstacy - Street-Grade Muriatic Acid, Cleaning Product, Weed Plant

Low quality Crack- Cocaine recipe + Sodium

I’m not exactly sure what import materials would be called, they could be imported as street-grade alternatives and the ones used at lab locations could be lab-grade, or they could be named something else entirely

For lab locations, it would make sense that the recipes would be what they currently are now, with the current named ingredients spawning in material shelves

For the recipes, I feel that it makes sense that mined ingredients should remain the same as to encourage different preparation activities for cooking as compared to simply buying everything and cooking. 

The old lab system was a lot of fun and made RPing as a criminal a good way to make money.

Criminal RP has become very dull recently. What used to be a fun way to make money has devolved into a cycle of fishing to make money, then RPing and losing guns and getting your car chopped, then fishing to get everything back again. While this is sustainable for those with more money, it is hard for newer players to get ahead in criminal RP. I feel that this is a good alternative and would definitely bring back great interest into the server.

• Upvote 10

I think this could be improved by having the drug creation process to be staged. Instead of just placing items on a table and cooling, you would have to do seperate tasks like mixing, grinding ingredients etc. Obviously this can be more detailed, but can also effect the quality of the drug, with higher quality drugs selling for more.

In general drug tables need to be worked on. The chance of an explosion needs to be lowered, especially when taking precautions. There is no way a cold table should explode during non volatile drug cooking. 

I agree with the drug labs but when it comes to the home labs idea i believe that the drugs made at homelabs should also increase in price as right now there is barely any profit...

I've recently tested cocaine to see the profit margins (this is rough as i cant remember exact figures)
(COCAINE PROFIT ON AVERAGE)

you pay anywhere between 50-75k for a Ventilator

15k per table.

$100 on powdered lime

$100 on sulfuric acid

Coke sells for $560 (I believe)

This leaves a profit of $360 per coke which takes 300+ seconds.. That being said you got to make enough to pay off the vent and tables also with the risk of exploding.

• Confused 1