GasKetse

Time, Location, Applications

Hey all. We never mentioned how the time should pass compared to real time. I would suggest that a day in game should be 3 or 6 hours real time. More than 6 would create problems with people playing in different time zones. For example I live in UTC +2 so if the server was 1:1 with LA time I would play mostly night time and morning time In Game. 1:4 ratio is better in my opinion (6 hours for 24 in game).

Address Names on the UI:

Pretty explanatory. Just have the name of the street your character is always visible at all times. This will help to learn the street names without even noticing. Also the time, cash, money in bank. If possible on the map when you hover over with the mouse to have it display the street name as well.

Location Messages:

Okay lets be honest LS is huge in GTA V. Those of you who have played SA you might recall some of the street names of LS but in GTA V the map is huge therefore a lot of street names as well. To solve this I suggest that we integrate something like location messages. For example we could have a command like /sendloc (ID). the receiver of the message would see on his screen : GasKetse(id) send you his location. Do /accept to pinpoint.

So when you do /accept it should put a marker on the receivers map and GPS should lead him there.

With that way we could also integrate emergency services. Every 911 call gets an id so the officer on duty can just track the sms. So in each 911 call the officers should get Call (ID) Reason and they can do /takecall ID to get the waypoint on their maps. Other officers could be notified that officer Gas took the call (ID) so not all units reply to the same call.

Whitelist:

Although I have discussed this with the dev team I will put it down here. We all know how many un mature players exists all around us. I think they should not have a place in this server so we can keep the quality of the roleplay in acceptable standards. To ensure that one measure is application process before they join the server. This can be just a simple multiple choice test with 5-10 questions just to make sure they read the rules. Which is the least they can do before they join. I am not looking forward to see 13 year olds explaining to me what they did with my mother last night.

I think these are some of my ideas at the moment :) Ill get back with more

I think it will take a lot of scripting to do the following but it will help the whole community.

Our team members have already discussed the timezone problem. We expect our players to come from many different timezones, therefore we already have plans to make in-game time run faster than real-life. 1:4 ratio is the most likely scenario as we want to keep a reasonable lenght for night and day time.

Location messages will be definitely implemented and it should not be difficult to do so. Actually, a lot easier than in SA-MP, because we can make use of the client-side scripting oppurtunities.

Sure, you could simply code into the MDT/Dispatch you just put yourself enroute OR depending on if possible within the coding, it will send it to the closest units and they will respond. Almost like a automated dispatch, then the unit can mark themselves enroute.

So for instance, say there is a crash at Senora Freeway @ Union Rd. You've got two units in Paleto Bay & a bunch in the City...

The CAD alert would send the information to the two parties up in Paleto, wait a minute or so for a enroute response, if no response it gets sent to the next closest units?

Again, I'm not sure if this is possible within the coding.

It is possible to get zone name of a person. When you enter a new zone it is displayed via GTA:V's normal native methods.

For police stuff, I'm planning on some function to be able to request backup, maybe with waypoint/blips but most likely just going to show zone name, or if possible highlight the entire zone the officer asked for backup in. A message for responding to a backup call would be easy to do as well, but shouldn't limit officers to join backup requests. I'll probably make it up to the officer asking for assistance whenever their call has received enough backup.

As for displaying the street name always, I personally don't think it's needed but a command or integration with UI like police MDC would be useful in some cases. In other cases where you have called backup, the script will handle the rest.

I think location messages are something that will help all players etc. PD can use it as well. I don't think splinting into zones will help that much or filtering based on who is closer...its better all officers to get the calls just so they know how busy it is. and furthermore if there is something important like officer got shot etc...all can respond.

I think location messages are something that will help all players etc. PD can use it as well. I don't think splinting into zones will help that much or filtering based on who is closer...its better all officers to get the calls just so they know how busy it is. and furthermore if there is something important like officer got shot etc...all can respond.

An officer down/shots fired call can be handled via the radio as well as a /panic command to where when the officer does /panic it alerts all officers of their general location. Dependent on the department SOP's will determine the response plan...

I used to play on a roleplay cnr server on MTA, and we made a tactical map.

Here it is: San Andreas, divided into 12x12 grid system

SJtEWzI

I guess we can simply add an image like that on GTA V without making any codings.

How to use? SFPD = C5

I like that one, even though I would have to use another monitor just to find the right area.