MrJangoon

Allow for C4 (once rage 1.1 is out)

I understand the concerns regarding syncing explosions, the rules regarding terr***sm and whatnot, but there are so many rp opportunities, a whole new police squad could be added(Bomb Squad)

This is my suggestion.

• All turfs will now have a new NPC, my suggested role is Dishonorably Discharged Military Demolitionist.
  • Only factions can get C4 at a good price (25k-30k)
  • Players who get C4 have a chance of being A. ratted out to PD, or B. Get a dud. Not only that but they also must pay 50k-67k

Now, C4 would severely effect DM rules, you may plant a bomb on someones vehicle with the intent to assassinate them, they could simply drive out into a crowd and all of a sudden you are DMing 6+ people. My suggestion for this would be to

1. Nerf the pre-existing Sticky Bombs
  2. Add a clause to the rules regarding C4-DM as an accident and C4-DM as a terr***st plot.

And, possibly, this one being the most controversial, do not allow for players <20k xp(not even 15k like I am) to use it, an IC way to implement this would be a 'Trust Factor', wherein the NPC refuses to sell to people who he finds to be too new. IMO my own system is somewhat Meta but I am sure there is some good solution to this issue.

My new suggestion regarding getting C4 would be to ask an admin for permission to rp getting it and only upon receiving permissions can they even RP getting it, after which they can ask admins to grant them a sticky bomb.

Selling or buying a sticky bomb from another player will be a bannable offense unless part of the rp to get the sticky bomb in the first place.

Finally, any possible terr***st rp will be banned unless(in very rare cases) permission is EXPLICITLY given by the admins.

Edited by MrJangoon

Only if C4 is an inventory item and can only be used on the bank door or an atm to blow them up. As an item in the weapon wheel, C4 in gta has tons of issues and special "features" that would not fit into RP at all.

which is why i think that c4 should be so hard to obtain that even gangs would find it somewhat difficult to get their hands on it. I believe that new players shouldnt have access to it, it should have a chance of being a dud, it should have a chance of alerting the cops and it should even have a chance of killing its own user.

Personally, i think it should be an inventory item which has a button to 'plant' where it will immediately plant the c4 on a vehicle, rather than a user being able to just throw it. But the idea of using it on a bank door is also interesting.

My main idea is that it can be used VERY RARELY to form interesting rp situations such as an influential character being assasinated(if they consent to ck, in any other case its simply some random dude dying due to NLR)

Or a hostage situation where not only 1 person is held hostage but the pd who reach the destination are now trapped with the threat of being exploded

you have explained everything well but just imagine being able to but C4's. its kind of Non-RP if you ask me, if you were to try and assassinate someone you wouldn't just go and "place a bomb" under his car and even though you have explained the XP requirement but some people would still ruin a lot of RP for someone. 

think of it like this:

you are going to your car with a lot of stuff on you, a man has placed a bomb under your car, he detonates it and makes you and your car explode. not only you would lose your stuff but it would just get too messy. I've never seen anyone unless "terroris*s" go around and bomb anyone. that's because it rarely ever happens.

only countries I've seen get bombed are countries that have been under going wars or conflicts between other countries. LS is a civilized city and ok we have people roaming around with heavies but you don't see anyone roaming around with a bomb.

it is non rp and would get a lot of hate / negativity towards the server

could you please elaborate?

^^^^

Only if C4 is an inventory item and can only be used on the bank door or an atm to blow them up. As an item in the weapon wheel, C4 in gta has tons of issues and special "features" that would not fit into RP at all.

and now for this, if we are going to add C4 I would completely agree for it to be there to speed up robberies of banks instead of It being stealthy only, it would alert PD instantly as they are placing a bomb to enter an area. I only see it be there in RP and not anywhere else in the hands of a player with 20k XP.

Respectable presentation but my opinion wouldn't support it. -1

Criminal activities IRL see more gun crimes then anything else. Domestic explosives are usually makeshift IEDs or pipe bombs or Molotov... I could see those better fit. Molotov can be more used as an area denial device and can be survived, if you get out of the flames, and pipe bombs are toss and run with a small and not always deadly blast with an unpredictable fuse.

Edited by Xoza

Respectable presentation but my opinion wouldn't support it. -1

Criminal activities IRL see more gun crimes then anything else. Domestic explosives are usually makeshift IEDs or pipe bombs or Molotov... I could see those better fit. Molotov can be more used as an area denial device and can be survived, if you get out of the flames, and pipe bombs are toss and run with a small and not always deadly blast with an unpredictable fuse.

makes more sense, I agree with you with all your good points.

Reading the title of this post, I was ready to give it a huge -1, but I'm kinda torn.

I don't think C4 is a terribly realistic weapon for gangs to be using within a large city, even the larger, well-established gangs. However, your suggestion to implement them solely as part of what would probably be a very interesting and in-depth RP scenario when permitted by admins is interesting. I would say to restrict it even more, and only allow C4 to be used during official faction wars, and only on the vehicles of gang leaders and second in commands or at their HQ.

I kinda wanna give this at +1 but I'm still conflicted on it, so I'll lean towards staying neutral. I like that you put so much thought into the original suggestion and the revised suggestion though!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.