CaesarSeizure

Improvement of medical drop off

Hey guys, so this suggestion is somewhat of a mix of some of the older suggestions, as well as something that would create more RP if implemented.

The current Medical system is limited, you are either dropped off by a medic at any of the hospitals or someone drops you off at the only place on the map (central MD), you get instantly healed and are free to go. This creates a system that allows people to just walk away from injuries in a not so realistic manner.

My suggestions would be:

OPEN MULTIPLE HOSPITALS FOR DROP OFFS - Right now, central being the only hospital that allows drop offs, creates an issue for people on any other part of the map other than the city. With the addition of all the new hospitals, as well as extending MDs range to provide assistance to people everywhere, it would be useful to provide additional drop off points for people. These would likely be 1 in Sandy and 1 in Paleto. These 2 additions would create an easier access to drop people off yourself, without having to all go to 1 location on the map.

MEDICAL TREATMENT - This is something that is a bit unrealistic and encourages people to just get dropped off at Central and go back into action. With this suggestion, if a person was dropped off at a hospital by anyone other than MD, the person should get 5 minutes of bed rest. This would stop the quick in and out of Central, by not allowing people to just go back into action faster than any medic would even tend to the persons wounds. This would stop criminals and PD from using the hospital as a "get healed quick" station and just returning to action like nothings happened. The timer could be adjusted to a longer time, with the option of a medic to reduce the timer by providing additional treatment, but there would be no way to instantly get out of the hospital.

GUNSHOT WOUND ALERTS - In a first world country, someone arriving with gunshots would not make sense to just be ignored as these incidents get investigated every time. This would create additional RP between gunshot victims and PD, and with the combination of the 2nd suggestion, would make criminals think twice before heading to a hospital to get a quick fix.

BLACK MARKET DOCTORS - With the addition of turfs, i think this is a perfect time to introduce this feature. If the 3rd suggestion gets approved it is only fair that criminals are allowed an alternative option for treatment, to prevent from being interrogated every time they go to the hospital. These black market doctors would be available in some turfs and would provide medical treatment with no questions asked. This would be a service you would have to pay for, with a timer similar to that of the hospitals. This could be further adjusted by having a couple of different price tags for treatment, more expensive being quicker and better (would be the same as a regular hospital with medical treatment) or a cheaper version that would not heal you fully and would be slower (the maximum time of a regular hospital).

I excluded all values from the suggestion as I think balancing these ideas would be up to the developers to make them fair.

I think that these additions, would create some RP and would make it more realistic, rather than the current /dropbody system that we have in place. Let me know what you think and I'll try to edit the post with your suggestions.

• Like 1

HUGE +4 (I'd only support the first, if the rest of the post is implemented)

Ive been meaning to suggest GSW alerts, but this posts takes things way further. Especially with turfs the potential for the vet doctors is great (that's usually who is in these positions). I think this adds for a lot of realism.

+1

Gunshot injuries can be RPd with medics and I believe medics should report these injuries to police. I have been told however that medics rarely do /analysewounds to confirm injury type to help influence the direction of RP, in addition, make sure an individual isn't lying about the injuries. While location of the injury is not accurate all the time, the type of injury definitely is.

• "gunshot wound" = gunshot wounds (all firearms)
  • "melee wound" = melee wounds (weapons and punches)
  • "no recent injuries" = impact wounds (car, running into something, falling)

Related

I have been told however that medics rarely do /analysewounds to confirm injury type to help influence the direction of RP,

So the /analyzewounds is moreso a specific command to determine if you could perform death RP, which isn't a thing anymore. The command itself was to see if a character could die ICly, but since death RP isn't an option anymore /analyzewounds is kind of useless. 

It also doesn't help that a majority of the people injured only give basic responses to /do's. The better you RP as an injured patient the better the medics can RP treatment.

So the /analyzewounds is moreso a specific command to determine if you could perform death RP, which isn't a thing anymore. The command itself was to see if a character could die ICly, but since death RP isn't an option anymore /analyzewounds is kind of useless. 

It also doesn't help that a majority of the people injured only give basic responses to /do's. The better you RP as an injured patient the better the medics can RP treatment.

/analysewounds is, or should be more for medical RP. It makes no sense for it to really be anything more than a medic, confirming what kind of RP they'll be facing. It shouldn't be used, nor has been from my experience used for DeathRP as location of injury is poorly synced.

I have found a few individuals state 'broken bones' where all that hurt them. When I /analysewounds, find they have gunshot injuries as well, to include that they were in the gunfight we just had to clean up... Sure, you have the freedom to RP broken bones, maybe got hit by a car in the shootout, but you definitely should not leave out the RP damage that's already happened that caused you to have gunshot injuries.

/analysewounds is, or should be more for medical RP. It makes no sense for it to really be anything more than a medic, confirming what kind of RP they'll be facing. It shouldn't be used, nor has been from my experience used for DeathRP as location of injury is poorly synced.

I agree that it *should* be used, however, according to the guidelines in the medical handbook it isn't supposed to be used and was *only* supposed to be used in situations that could involve death RP.

A massive +1.

We all probably know that some other servers have functioning hospitals with MD staff waiting inside to tend to injuries. I don't know how possible this would be in Eclipse, but having something like this would be great. Hospital RP has always been a strange point, do you act like you're immediately healed? or do you continue to RP as recovering for a while? Having a cooldown timer and additional medical RP inside the hospital would be great.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.