WernerBerg

New CCTV cameras

I wanna keep this topic short and useful, new CCTV cameras have an option that you can watch all the CCTV cameras in the stores, live. Watching CCTV cameras from across the map makes 0 RP sense and puts criminals in a huge disadvantage. IRL police does not have access to CCTV cameras in a store few miles away. So the point of this suggestion is that it's gonna be very balanced if the option for watching these cameras live get removed.

Edited by Diego King
  • Like 4
  • NAY 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I support a nerf of CCTV cameras, it feels rather unbalanced having people camp the cameras all day and just call out there's a robbery somewhere. The past few days have shown me that it is now virtually impossible to do robberies unless you have a very big group of people, drastically cutting the viability of this portion of criminal RP. 

A nerf that might be viable is to make bolt cutters much cheaper to import, but that would perhaps create issues with furniture usages for the cutters. Another way would be to create a new item (pliers for instance) that cost much less and you can use those to cut the wires. However, this would still not fix the issues I have with CCTV, as what would happen is something along the lines of: "ow the Frapeseed store has no camera running, weird, can a unit check it out". Cutting the feed doesn't do anything but perhaps save minor identification problems. A third nerf could be to make it local viewing only (as suggested by @CallumMontie ), while maybe also rank-restricting it.

I don't necessarily support an all-out removal, but a nerf seems fairly reasonable as the people that are affected by this addition the most are less experienced/rich players that don't have armies with aks and drags to get away. As a current police officer I feel bad for new players attempting criminal RP because opportunities like stores are being taken away from them too. 

From a different point of view it could be stated that store robberies are mid-game criminal moneymakers (with banks/drugs as the lategame), this however, would require some more early game criminal moneymakers to balance it out. I don't want to put this on the developers plate willy-nilly, so a separate thread might be necessary to discuss possibilities here. I will give one example however: perhaps a 'job' where you run illegal errands (instead of gopostal which would be legal), or the ATM robbery system that was pitched prior.

This was mostly me rambling so quote me if u want to discuss anything that i said further.

Edited by Toretto

+1 with some tweaks.

I like the idea of cameras having footage you can re-watch per general store, but the current live viewing is a little insane.

Perhaps for "live" viewing it should require the individual to be in the back of the store they are viewing, where the CCTV access is located. -- Or positioned just outside the store with a laptop, which could be RP'd as a Wi-Fi connection to that specific store.

This would still give detectives the chance to position near stores and strategically plan, watching them from a hidden location.

Edited by CallumMontie
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

+1 with some tweaks.

I like the idea of cameras having footage you can re-watch per general store, but the current live viewing is a little insane.

Perhaps for "live" viewing it should require the individual to be in the back of the store they are viewing, where the CCTV access is located. -- Or positioned just outside the store with a laptop, which could be RP'd as a Wi-Fi connection to that specific store.

This would still give detectives the chance to position near stores and strategically plan, watching them from a hidden location.

I agree with these suggestions fully. Maybe even rank restrict it to detectives/high command.

Nerf this, nerf that,  Well I can watch the CCTV of my house from my phone in an other country. I am sure PD can watch cameras from Mission Row.
And if you want to talk about realism I've never seen a mini market been robbed by 15 hakuchou drags  armed with micros and AK's. 
And I am pretty sure ALL store owners would love PD/SD to watch their store and protect it from being robbed.

Edited by Papadakis
  • NAY 1
  • Confused 3

Nerf this, nerf that,  Well I can watch the CCTV of my house from my phone in an other country. I am sure PD can watch cameras from Mission Row.
And if you want to talk about realism I've never seen a mini market been robbed by 15 hakuchou drags  armed with micros and AK's. 

For someone who has previously worked in the equivalent of a general store for over 3 years, I can assure you, you do not sit at home and watch a private companies live CCTV feed, let alone the Police sitting actively watching it.

In my time working in the store there were 3~ attempted armed robberies, 1 unloaded gun, and 2 knife (This is the UK) - 2/3 times the getaway vehicle was a motorbike and one a cycling bike. -- In a "state" where illegal weaponry is more prevalent, it is highly likely it would be utilised in armed store robberies, along with Motorbikes as getaway vehicles.

The current issue is that literally any of the 250~ Law Enforcement Employees can view this CCTV from their precinct. -- Hence why restrictions were suggested if you read further through the post. 

• Upvote 1

In a "state" where illegal weaponry is more prevalent, it is highly likely it would be utilised in armed store robberies, along with Motorbikes as getaway vehicles.

And PD/SD with access to CCTV in stores.  Now you see why I disagree. I don't see any of you saying "Robbing a local store with 15 people armed with AK's is not realistic when the value of the store is like 16k? And your equipment costs 1m per drag plus AK's

Edited by Papadakis

And PD/SD with access to CCTV in stores.  Now you see why I disagree. I don't see any of you saying "Robbing a local store with 15 people armed with AK's is not realistic when the value of the store is like 16k? And your equipment costs 1m per drag plus AK's

But isn't the only reason that people are robbing stores so heavily armed, is because they are now needed for turfs and since PD have live CCTV, these large gangs know that police will 100% be alerted and come with heavy backup. Banks seem to be getting "set off suspiciously" without being robbed, so stores are their only real option for packed cash.

Every robbery I've been involved in the past, or even just witnessed was relatively small. 1 person pointing a handgun at the clerk, 1 or 2 on look out, and the rest grabbing cash. People would even rob shops with an empty pistol, and everyone else unarmed.

You need to grab money from the clerk for a few minutes to make it worthwhile, everyone knows that police will now respond almost instantly with CCTV, this is why all the robberies I've seen since the update have been gangs setting up for a shootout because they know that's what's gonna happen.

But isn't the only reason that people are robbing stores so heavily armed, is because they are now needed for turfs and since PD have live CCTV, these large gangs know that police will 100% be alerted and come with heavy backup. Banks seem to be getting "set off suspiciously" without being robbed, so stores are their only real option for packed cash.

Every robbery I've been involved in the past, or even just witnessed was relatively small. 1 person pointing a handgun at the clerk, 1 or 2 on look out, and the rest grabbing cash. People would even rob shops with an empty pistol, and everyone else unarmed.

You need to grab money from the clerk for a few minutes to make it worthwhile, everyone knows that police will now respond almost instantly with CCTV, this is why all the robberies I've seen since the update have been gangs setting up for a shootout because they know that's what's gonna happen.

Exactly, some posters in this thread are reversing cause and effect sadly.

I live near chicago where crime is really high and none of the police stations have instant access to any stores cameras they have to go to the store owner or managers to get the footage. They cannot just access it from their vehicle or station miles away they make take a recording and watch it afterward but they do not have live feed to stores it would not be feasible nor would a pd pay some one to watch convenient stores realistically  it would be a waste of resources . Stores in bad neighborhoods hire private security and have insurance so they can claim any losses due to theft. So if your going for realism this aint it but i get its a game and certain things can't be 100% realistic but i also think a knife or even introducing another tool would be better for dealing with store cctv cameras bolt cutters should be used for doors and gates they are way to heavy duty for small cables that would be used for a camera feed.

• Upvote 1

+1 Police should have 24/7 live CCTV of roads, streets ,alleys, public parks, parking lots, piers, highways.
     Shops could be watched by their owners or employees 24/7 live, till robbers don't RP spray the camera lens, getting to recording machine and turn it off or cutting the wire etc... The Owner can show the video to police and then police can search for robbers.

Shops should be able, to be robbed also by 2 petty criminals, with live CCTV they are busted in a seconds.
Banks are for big guys with a big guns. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.