Lester Acosta

Cigarettes and Cigars

Currently, the only way that a player can smoke is to illegally acquire weed. I think that this limits a significant portion of the population on the server from being able to any type of role-play that involves smoking. What I am suggesting is that cigarettes and cigars be added as a legal alternative to smoking weed. It would be great in role-play settings such as in meetings or at clubs. Furthermore, the addition would not be useless. Both cigarettes and cigars would give some kind of health boost in order to give people a reason to buy them on a regular basis. To further promote role-play, the cigar would cost more to show wealth and status.

This would not be hard to add and developers would not have to make their own models as they are already a thing in normal Grand Theft Auto V. 

For distribution, either a new tobacco job can be made where people can sell directly to the server or decide to keep them and sell them on the streets. That idea would be very hard for people to make money off of so it would most likely be better implemented in the stores for a set price.

Examples of role-play scenarios:

-Meeting with a business partner to talk about important situations/deals.

-Relaxing at a club doing your own thing.

-Your player is from a race that is a common user of cigarettes/cigars.

-You're stressed and want a way to show it rather than do /me or be audibly stressed.

-Your gang is trying to portray itself as the mafia.

-Cigars to show wealth and status without flexing your "super-car" or four-garage mansion.

Redwood Cigarettes | GTA Wiki | Fandom

• Upvote 1

+1 the current smoke anim is kinda on crack and cant just go around smoking weed. I think best way would be to just allow stores to sell them, wont over complicate things and would be more available to people.

I don't agree on the health boost as it just does not make sense. I think it should only have a negative effect which would be from withdrawal if you get addicted.

+1, the current smoke animation makes you do a full 180 and you smoke like you're having major withdrawals, it just looks stupid and unusable.

I know some gangs would love a proper smoking animation, for example the Shelbys. They are primarily based off of the Peaky Blinders and give me a scene in which Tommy Shelby was not smoking...

On other servers I know it is possible to purchase cigarettes from a general store and you would use them from your inventory. It would make for more immersion as most times during rp, the characters involved are standing, lifelessly staring. 

As shown in the video, the animation showcased is so much better. It has a lot more detail and would be perfect.

I think you should need to purchase cigarettes and when you click 'use' the animation will play as opposed to doing the animation anywhere without any cigarettes.

+1 I would like to be able to have my character smoke without chain smoking a pack every minute from how the animation plays. Makes every look like some kind of fiend, and as such I don't think I've ever seen a player use the current smoke animation.