Marcus Biggs

Seeing guns through shirts (Please chime in)

Can we change the rule where if you see a gun through the shirt you have to act like you cant see it? It kinda ruins the immersion! This is suppose to some what like real life.. how is it that a gun poking through  your shirt is realistic? This has to be some type of meta gaming if a cop acts like he can actually see this! ITS UNREALISTIC AND A BUG IN THE SYSTEM! Make it where the gun actually disappears  when we put it away! even when the gun is in my inventory and not on my person it still shows on my waistline so how is that my fault? i have a video but it wont let me add it to the forum cause the clip size is to big.... so i took pictures the best i could

GTA5_8tK3fCgOjA.jpg

Grand Theft Auto V Screenshot 2020.04.18 - 03.34.06.33.png

• Upvote 3

Its because that thing is a .50 Pistol. If you bought a small pistol like an SNS or a Heavy Pistol it would not even show up in the back because the model is disabled. The .50 is intentionally enabled because that gun is massive and you can't realistically conceal carry it if we're talking realism. As for when its unequiped, if its in your inventory then it is still on your body, thats why its still visible.

If you wanted to, put your gun in a bag or a briefcase if you don't want it to show. Or even better buy a smaller gun that you can conceal carry. There are smart ways to go about it too. Some clothing are very bulky that guns are no longer visible even for .50s, so there are solutions to this feature.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, kenichis said:

Its because that thing is a .50 Pistol. If you bought a small pistol like an SNS or a Heavy Pistol it would not even show up in the back because the model is disabled. The .50 is intentionally enabled because that gun is massive and you can't realistically conceal carry it if we're talking realism. As for when its unequiped, if its in your inventory then it is still on your body, thats why its still visible.

If you wanted to, put your gun in a bag or a briefcase if you don't want it to show. Or even better buy a smaller gun that you can conceal carry. There are smart ways to go about it too. Some clothing are very bulky that guns are no longer visible even for .50s, so there are solutions to this feature.

Oh so that's why cops always can see it, but I am a little confused. even with a regular pistol it clips through clothing, I tried concealing it with a bigger jacket but it still poked out and a cop arrested me for having a gun without a license. So is the model disabled only for the SNS pistol and Heavy? 

Just now, FrickManImHigh said:

Oh so that's why cops always can see it, but I am a little confused. even with a regular pistol it clips through clothing, I tried concealing it with a bigger jacket but it still poked out and a cop arrested me for having a gun without a license. So is the model disabled only for the SNS pistol and Heavy? 

The model is disabled for those two only yes. The regular Pistol's model is enabled but it is considerably smaller than the .50, so in my experience if wearing a thick jacket the only time it will show is if I'm crouching or on a bike. So yeah there are ways to conceal it, or just don't carry if you don't wanna get caught. Or as I said carry it on your glovebox, in a bag, etc.. Its up to your creativity.

its not the point that it there... it more of the point of immersion or real life.... this isn't very true to life.. why cant the rule be reconsidered. i don't every time i get out of my car my guy has to make the animation of tucking the gun in his waist line if he isn't even using it 

We usually RP it as a protuberance around the waistline which clearly indicates that you are trying to conceal something as big as a gun.

If you are not good with it, buy a combat/sns/heavy pistol. A bag can hide all of them but not the .50 since it's supposed to be huge.

As for tucking the gun when the player exits a vehicle, driving or riding a bike with a massive gun around your waistline isn't exactly comfortable.

Edited by TheCactus

There are multiple guns that don't appear on your character, and you can use existing inventory mechanics like bags or briefcases to hide other weapons.  It makes no sense to clearly see a gun on someone and pretend it isn't there, so we should stick to "what you see is what you get."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.