Msato

Vehicle Key Reset

Simple suggestion here:

When selling a vehicle via low/high end it should reset permanent key access to the sold car. 

Scenario Persons A, B, C, D have keys to an Elegy

The Elegy is sold and rply the locks are changed, now the only person with keys is the new owner. 

Currently selling vehicles creates an unavoidable and unrealistic chain of permanent keys, there needs to be a way to remove these or resolve this. 

• Like 6

Or maybe add mechanics in /modview an option to change locks .

Lets say you sell the car or no , but you want new locks so you go to a mechanic shop pay a fee and install new locks . 
Modview or not they could rp it and do the command on your car after you pay the bill

• Like 1

+1, the likelihood of someone who still has keys to the car coming and finding it is slim, but regardless this needs to be added ASAP, ideally as a mechanic feature, but should automatically reset upon change of ownership as well

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 1:17 PM, DimaDan said:

Or maybe add mechanics in /modview an option to change locks .

Lets say you sell the car or no , but you want new locks so you go to a mechanic shop pay a fee and install new locks . 
Modview or not they could rp it and do the command on your car after you pay the bill

+1 on that, -1 on original idea because in real life when someone buys a new car he just handles the keys of the car. Rarely anyone changes the locks of the car when he has bought it.

wait what? If i give my keys to someone and i sell the car the person still has keys even thought im not the owner anymore ? If that does happen it makes no sense... +1

Edited by InvestedCereal
rewording

1 hour ago, InvestedCereal said:

wait what? If i give my keys to someone and i sell the car the person still has keys even thought im not the owner anymore ? If that does happen it makes no sense... +1

It makes because IRL you as a buyer don't know how has the other sets of keys for your car. If you change the locks then they won't be able to unlock it of course

+1 great suggestion, i mean it feels unrealistic in the first place about the perma keys not dissapearing, also if not automatically remove keys how about after you buy the vehicle you drive it to a nearby mechanic shop and ask the mechanic to change the lock. it. It would also add some extra rp for the mechanics and it would also be beneficial to the buyer of the vehicle to have his vehicle secure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.