BrandonAnderson

What's with these wealthy new players?

People are abusing the new player status by making new accounts. I've seen new players with shotguns and elegy's. It's just not possible if you're a new player. Even if you work your ass off, you've got 2.5k xp before you even realise what the best jobs are in the city. Can we do anything about people we suspect of abusing this?

1 minute ago, Freclan said:

It's most likely people who have already made millions on this server inviting their OOC friends and giving them stuff so that they can start up. Why should you be so worried about this?

I've had a player admit to a friend about a week ago that they were using multiple alts to farm so they wouldn't get robbed as a new player. It's a problem, quite a big problem, because you cannot loot these players and they will spawn with their stuff again.

7 hours ago, BrandonAnderson said:

I've had a player admit to a friend about a week ago that they were using multiple alts to farm so they wouldn't get robbed as a new player. It's a problem, quite a big problem, because you cannot loot these players and they will spawn with their stuff again.

They're free to make new alts, but transferring the money to other characters of theirs would be entirely against the transfer rules. If they're caught, it's pretty much a perma.

Also, once you have a character that isn't "New Player" anymore, none of your characters will be "New Player".

Edited by InvalidSun
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, InvalidSun said:

They're free to make new alts, but transferring the money to other characters of theirs would be entirely against the transfer rules. If they're caught, it's pretty much a perma.

Also, once you have a character that isn't "New Player" anymore, none of your characters will be "New Player".

I don’t think he means making alternate characters, but different accounts altogether.

My brother as a new player met an off-duty admin who happened to be in the Zetas, he handed him an Elegy and a good lump-some of cash just for having a cool ass personality. 

I agree with what the people above said, your "New Player" tag is removed from all of your alts once one gets it removed. A bunch of people have friends who are already in the city that could help them out. I came into this city with about 8-10 of my boys playing, and we all kind of worked with each other to get to the top.

In the event of suspicion about these people with 2.5k XP and whatnot getting all these cars, it could also be because of the simple fact that someone maybe gave them keys to the vehicle? I wouldn't say it's any suspicion though, as there isn't really ways around stocking up your cash flow to get what you want.

In the event of any suspicion, you could always file a report if you have the proof showing that the player received what they have in a rule-breaking manor. 

Best of luck in your money travels.

Regards,

Brandon Gotti

Anothing thing to note, you're only allowed two eclipse roleplay accounts per person. If you try to make another one using the same Rockstar account (and a few other variables tied in too) it'll state you cannot have more than two accounts.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 11:28 PM, Aieos said:

Anothing thing to note, you're only allowed two eclipse roleplay accounts per person. If you try to make another one using the same Rockstar account (and a few other variables tied in too) it'll state you cannot have more than two accounts.

How can you even make multiple eclipse accounts? Surely if you are banned on one you wont be allowed to make another?

2 hours ago, Heso Thic said:

How can you even make multiple eclipse accounts? Surely if you are banned on one you wont be allowed to make another?

The accounts get linked, when you create an account its stored against your Rockstar ID and IP address plus other things, so when you make a second account it is assigned the same/similar values and as a result if either of the accounts receive a ban then both of them will be banned.

Regarding the topic in question, often people's OOC friends join the server much later than them so they often meet up with them and support them financially with a valid RP reason that is.

For example, one of my friends recently switched from playing full-time cop to part-time criminal/part-time cop so I helped them set themselves with a sports car and a few guns here and there. 

Another factor is players can transfer request funds/vehicles/guns to new characters in order to start them up etc. This process is controlled and verified by moderators+, if you are caught transferring assets between your own characters without prior approval and without a valid roleplay reason you recieve a RWT punishment which is a permanent ban.

For example, I was playing on a female character for the best part of a year, I didn't particularly enjoy it and I decided one day to switch the character to male, gender changes are without script support so I had to create a new male character and request transfer approval on all my assets. This was approved and handled by developers/head admins so I proceeded do so. As a result I had a character with 30 vehicles, 5 houses and a full criminal stash who had 0 XP. 

Edited by JakeInnit_

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.