Zion Willard

Remove phone numbers from the MDC

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory, but to further my argument a more detailed explanation will be laid out below. 

Currently, each and every person's phone number is displayed on the MDC as soon as a players name or ID is pulled up, with 0 investigative RP to substantiate having the phone number registered. This could not be further from reality, and allows PD a massive unfair advantage for no reason. I strongly believe that there should be a place for phone numbers in the MDC, but only after it is verified through IC means that a number is a persons - and players should be allowed to change that number, requiring PD to find it again - as it would work in the real world. 

• Upvote 2

I think phone numbers would have to be manually added to the MDC by detectives during investigations providing they have a valid RP reason to do so. Then if you user does /delphone they would recieve a new number and as a result the phone number in the MDC would be invalid. +1

Would also like to see burner phones in the future?

If you want to split hairs, perhaps the mobile network shares it's subscriber information database with law enforcement.

Burner phones would be an interesting idea, but if they were used indefinitely like our current phones are then they would make the other phones obsolete.

So maybe, they have a certain amount of battery life and can't be recharged or something but they wouldn't come with subscriber information.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.