TonyRizzo

Take IC forums a little more seriously

Okay to start, let me be the first to say that I'm absolutely guilty of doing this, I'm not calling anyone out I'm just putting this here to see what others think.

So there are certain sections of the forums that are counted as being in-character, most notably the real estate board. People usually refer to it as posting listings on a real estate website. Every now and then you see someone advertise a house, with one of the selling points being near a drug drop-off. It doesn't seem very realistic to outright say that, and besides, anyone who would be in the know about drug drop locations would keep that in mind when buying a house.

I've seen people post certain things on the forums advertising illegal stuff, and on a few occasions cop players have responded (usually sarcastically) saying they'd be filing a PD report about this and they'd be coming for em. Now I don't know if anything actually came of that, but it'd certainly be interesting to use the IC part of the forums as an extension of the in-game internet, and if someone was posting (IC) threats or knowledge about illegal contraband, it could be brought to PD's attention. 

• Upvote 7