Current State of Eclipse

Thank you to the OP for attempting to highlight what you see as a big problem. I want to ask tho - what suggestions do you suggest that you feel would improve the server? I think it is reasonable to ask for clearer rules on nrp and robbing. What else?

Instead of 'all gang members are lazy and bad' how would you like them to improve? Asking them not to rob is not a valid suggestion as that is a completely realistic thing for gang members to do. As stated before someone has to be the victim. It sucks - but we all have to take our turn. I am in a large gang and I have still been robbed plenty of times. Sometimes you just have to take the L.

As a part of a large gang I disagree with the notion that all we do is rob and hit labs. There is a multitude and depth of RP situations we explore. However that being said I am always open to hearing suggestions from others how they think I (as a rper) and us (as a faction) can improve.

I also disagree with the notion that PD do not confront or make our lives harder. They certainly do - as do other gangs. I think one of the things that was mentioned about how there are 60 gang members To 10+ cops is a valid point though. Unfortunately that is realistic though if you look at statistics of large populated cities.

Anyways thanks for your thoughts. I don't think we need to start calling people out on their specific rp quality just because they are in an official gang. That's just immature frankly. If you want us to improve state your suggestions so we can all ponder them - no need to be petty oocly about it. If you have a specific complaint with a specific person bring it up with them privately or through the report system if you feel someone has behaved in a NRP way.

8 minutes ago, krooks365 said:

Thank you to the OP for attempting to highlight what you see as a big problem. I want to ask tho - what suggestions do you suggest that you feel would improve the server? I think it is reasonable to ask for clearer rules on nrp and robbing. What else?

Instead of 'all gang members are lazy and bad' how would you like them to improve? Asking them not to rob is not a valid suggestion as that is a completely realistic thing for gang members to do. As stated before someone has to be the victim. It sucks - but we all have to take our turn. I am in a large gang and I have still been robbed plenty of times. Sometimes you just have to take the L.

As a part of a large gang I disagree with the notion that all we do is rob and hit labs. There is a multitude and depth of RP situations we explore. However that being said I am always open to hearing suggestions from others how they think I (as a rper) and us (as a faction) can improve.

I also disagree with the notion that PD do not confront or make our lives harder. They certainly do - as do other gangs. I think one of the things that was mentioned about how there are 60 gang members To 10+ cops is a valid point though. Unfortunately that is realistic though if you look at statistics of large populated cities.

Anyways thanks for your thoughts. I don't think we need to start calling people out on their specific rp quality just because they are in an official gang. That's just immature frankly. If you want us to improve state your suggestions so we can all ponder them - no need to be petty oocly about it. If you have a specific complaint with a specific person bring it up with them privately or through the report system if you feel someone has behaved in a NRP way.

+1

I'm inclined to somewhat agree, as I feel that some players fail to have any decent RP especially in the criminal setting, whereas others have great RP. Having played a bit of both, I find the problem to be a mix of things, that being PD presence, rules, and alternative activities. You're always going to get people who just rob others, because that's what they want to do, even if it is poor RP.

I think that through offering criminals alternative activities to fuel either inter-gang conflict or provide more end-game objectives, slightly adjusting the rules regarding street robberies and better discipline of PD, this situation could definitely be improved.

Can someone close or move this topic, as it is listed under the server suggestions category but does not include any suggestion?

Discussing about what you like and what you don't like will not change the current state of the server, if that is what you are aiming to do.

Other than that, unluckily I had to roleplay with you and I had to push you towards a detailed and immersive kind of roleplay (and realistic, in our case scenario). Maybe you were tired and wanted to rush it and disconnect but from what I have witnessed, you can keep your 2 cents.

Edited by TheCactus
  • Upvote 2

The roleplay of this server is going down and down by time

Gangsters doesnt have more stuff to do than random robbing and drug labs raiding

I have everything i want in this game and i just feel empty, i tried so much stuff

All I do s driving my car looking around buying new cars that the server release and thats it

Funny -At the end of the day you will always get robbed and log off

So driving my car just for fun is also very risky because it would get stolen and chopped, i would lose all of my stuff too and ready to recycle

When I see new players I help them because it is the most fun experience I get from the server right now

There are so much problems we all see but nobdy cares

• Like 1

I don't really know how to fix this, hence it's not a suggestion thread. I made this thread to ask the community for help, maybe you guys know what to implement, maybe a staff members would find a solution. I don't have one I'm afraid.

Limit monetary robberies you're able to take from other people 

Forbid people from doing roleplay that wouldnt make sense in the city center, allowing heavy criminal roleplay only in alleyways or the hoods (because tbh getting held up at Vinewood Hills in the middle of the street is pretty damn unrealistic)

Interactions where if you attempt to rob someone and find nothing, you arent allowed to take their GPS orcut their hair (GPS part understandable)

Remove the GPS system and only have it available on your phone (who the hell carries a big-ass GPS in 2019?)

Bigger ammounts of cash at store robberies (but longer)

Encourage gangs to resort to less gun fights but more fist fights and melee fights by lowering the ammount of weapons they are able to obtain (or create some sort of black market system where one gang controls it)

Add a drug effect with an addiction system, enabling gangs to have a bigger competition in the drug market.

Territories (tbh this can be done IC and a script doesnt need to be put in place)

Substantially increase the impound fee, or create a vehicle insurance system where if a vehicle is impounded or stolen, your fee would be lower if you are insured, but if you are uninsured, it'd be greatly higher.

Encourage civilian RP (idk how, give some ideas)

I would think, that this happens, because Criminals dont have their place. They havent got any updates in ages and now, when drug running is boring and AFk money grinding, store robbing is too easy and also boring, they just dont have any other ideas how to express themselves as criminals, just robbing other poeple. I would highly suggest adding more things to do as criminal. 

15 hours ago, Cyberinho said:

I would think, that this happens, because Criminals dont have their place. They havent got any updates in ages and now, when drug running is boring and AFk money grinding, store robbing is too easy and also boring, they just dont have any other ideas how to express themselves as criminals, just robbing other poeple. I would highly suggest adding more things to do as criminal. 

What do you suggest they add? If you had to give your best suggestion as to things to add to make crim rp more engaging what would you request be added? I am actually curious - Because I agree - there should be more both for criminals and civilians to engage in rp - but what? I would love to see a discussion with actual suggestions. I have seen some good ideas recently (money counterfeiting, turfs, etc) let's keep these ideas coming.

Personally, I think the biggest contribution to this is the police. For what ever reason, and don't tell me this isn't true, because I see it every single day, the established gangs are not much concern for the police.

I don't agree to this statement as both a gang member who has to deal with police and sheriffs on a daily basis AND as a cadet who is now learning all about that side of rp as well. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.