Reevesy202

What do you like/dislike about our medics?

I want to hear what your experiences have been like with the medics.  Is there anything you wish we would do?  Anything you don't like that we do?  Anything memorable that stands out that you enjoyed?  
With a new chief we are looking at ways to make us better...  community input would certainly be valuable.

(Please don't post about how we give CPR to a broken leg or whatever.. it's just the command and is apparently being looking into)

Edited by Reevesy202

More RP, faster response time, more people online, as i almost only see the same people online and that is Bill Ding, Mark, Monica, Emilia, Phil and you guy, and trust my, 6 people is not enough for a server that have a constant 30-50 people online.

3 minutes ago, nateX said:

More RP, faster response time, more people online, as i almost only see the same people online and that is Bill Ding, Mark, Monica, Emilia, Phil and you guy, and trust my, 6 people is not enough for a server that have a constant 30-50 people online.

These 3 things don't go well together. 

If you want more RP, you can't get a faster response time, because they'll probably be RPing with someone on a scene somewhere.
If you want more people online, you need to somehow attract players to apply for MD. Throughout the community's that I've been in, the medical faction has never been popular. Perhaps the only way to attract players to join them is to buff their paychecks. 

OT: I've had no issues with the faction apart from the lack of members, but that's not something that can just be "solved". 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, nateX said:

In agreement with what @FatherOsbornHD said... If you want to properly RP then the response time lowers. If the server crashes and people TPs to MD then we just quickly get them up and start again.  Also with regards to getting more people on, a lot of people do have RL stuff to attend to that's why they aren't on all the time ( medics seem to be getting mad when they are the only one on but that can't be helped at all times )

Honestly, some of you should NOT be driving an emergency vehicle. Can't count how many times I've been rammed of the road and such. But other than that, you are all very friendly, helpful and I appreciate that a lot. Also, an increased usage of the helicopter would be great!

4 minutes ago, aongrant said:

Honestly, some of you should NOT be driving an emergency vehicle. Can't count how many times I've been rammed of the road and such. But other than that, you are all very friendly, helpful and I appreciate that a lot. Also, an increased usage of the helicopter would be great!

I have to apologise to Neo?( Neuro? Ne-someoneinthePD) as I was texting and driving and hit his car as I drove up the highway today.   But thanks, appreciate that.

I would like to see the medics ask what the persons injury is with a /do personally, giving people a chance to describe an injury done to them. If a person is rping that their character has two broken / disformed legs its extremely weird for the medics to show up chipper and say things like "What happened to you my friend?" even though that's a great way to RP a typical situation it might not be appropriate for someone trying to RP a severe injury, or be passed out. You may do this in some capacity but would be cool to see as a standard.

Stop hanging out in the front lawn of the hospital lol, no hospital has their doctors chilling out front as a friends group. Maybe find an off duty hang-out that the on-duty people park up at in between calls, but outside the hospital is a bit strange RP to me for medics/doctors etc.

I would like to see some people have duties within the hospital, roleplaying a surgury or a bullet extraction when someone comes in for being shot. Getting injured shouldn't be a quick drive to the hospital and then magically popping out. Maybe utilize your building and RP a procedure or doctors visits etc.

Prescription medicine/ pain killers system. Ability for medics to give prescriptions / keep track of them so that they can be considered a non-illegal substance. This doesn't have to be via the script, you could make it within your forums a list of people whom have subscriptions with a valid date range, archive old ones, or mark them as expired, etc.

Just my two cents. Hopeful of what new faction management can do for you guys, if you need any assistance OOC from PD side just let us know!