branning12

Time to Fix Something

It seems that many of you in the community have agreed on a lot of similar things. However, after the usual banter and recalling past memories(OOC/IC) it led to another argument. This is one of the things that makes me wonder, how many people actually roleplay? Everyone was on the same track, and it turned into deeper matters. We went from a RP server telling others and themselves, that recently it hasn't been a RP server. It has slowly devolved into some, economy server or some type of "Second Life" sim. Of course some of you guys out there are still killing it as always,(Big Al at Bayview), but I don't know if it's the constant need to grind, or feel like you're falling behind. Simply because, you wanted the OTHER business property next to yours. Knowing you'll have to get something else, and never do anything with these. 

Arguing about who's going to get all the super-cars, so you can sell them for even higher. You didn't even think about remodeling those two hotels, and left them there so nobody else could give it a shot. Now with the lack of small apartments, or even hotel rooms. The server has become a real estate agents, wet dream. Admins or whoever is normally supposed to be involved in things in this nature, you didn't think of property taxes? Realizing, that with a literal 1% owning everything, it ruins so many good things that could come about and really change this server around. Bars/Nightclubs in every other neighborhood, South LS could be crazy good. 

Now, it appears to be some form of a finish line. Like we are all racing to a server end point, which is odd. You aren't supposed to let a server control your characters story/your character just jump on board with what the "entire world" is doing. However, it seems to be the case. Perhaps we are beyond fixing, coming to a sense of reality, where PD isn't portrayed as literal monsters. Only because of the lack of RP, (arrests, their word over yours, simply just wanting to drop you off at prison so they can patrol again.) Also, a very fine line, between "gang bangers & organized crime families." If the Zetas in IRL where in the same state with the triads, there would be no more costumes for any of it's members. As well as, the "gang bangers" not dressing like Robin Hood, and be more focused with terrorizing Fisherman with GPS's and more focused on selling drugs, and other(more creative) crimes, to pay their keep. Maybe that will keep the screaming, "Bank Rats" from telling every New Player&Player's about how awesssome running drugs are. 

Once again, I've began to ramble on, just like many will in the comments. We realize the problems, some don't know they are problems, simply because I guess they forgot it was a RP server. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to get back into those "LSRP" days, after a cool night filled with RP events and nobody lost a small fortune or started a war.  It would take change, and retraining our minds what proper RP is, but we can really make a difference, and bring the community together(OOC) so we can all have those good RP IC moments.

TLDR: We all know the problems. From New Players being here for a day, to Staff being here since the beginning. Now let's fix them together, as players, so we don't have to play with a toxic IC & OOC community.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

18 hours ago, OBESE said:

Im only for it and have been trying to find people with the same mindset. Any idea how we could do that without breaking rules of Metag?

Usually you are able to post that you are looking for people to roleplay with. MAke a forum post, new characer though, and say your backstorey and just say you need like minded people for roleplay. 

People say this is meta, but its not, imagine trying to get a game of DnD of the ground without the ability to communicate with people beforehand. If you go into the server together and you are as a group, with a consistent story to why you all know each othert then you are golden.