Brixton

[SEEKING] PC Geniuses (Fixed - CLOSE}

help-me-icon-8.png.cc3c554de2490ff2f8689f980f961c7b.png

HEY GUYS! Its Brixton! I help a lot of you  now its time for one or some of you to help me!

While IN GAME only, every 5-15 minutes usually every 5 or so my screen will turn black when im driving or running around. I feel like this is a graphics issue. It cant be my drivers because I just uninstalled all my graphical drivers and reinstalled them. 

1. i7-3770 (Will upgrade this eventually to a 9700k)
  2. Radeon RX 580
  3. 16GB DDR3
  4. 25X 144HZ Monitor (X2 Additional Monitors currently offline to fix graphical errors)
  5. Vsync Off, FreeSync on - 
  6. Graphical settings all set to "High" 
  7. DirectX11
  8. 1920x1080 Res with 16:9 Aspect Ratio
  9. GPU overclocked - testing CPU overlclock but no difference noticable from that and issue till Constantine. 
  10. Does anyone have any clue as to why my game would turn black and back on every so often? Only happens IN GAME. 
  11. The game is still very smooth and playable with 75-95 FPS but still blackscreen issues.
  12. Usual FPS is up to 200 without Vsync and Freesync
  13. FPS Normally around 75-95 with FreeSync on
  14. 50-85 with Vsync and Freesync on.

Ive googled this issue for days and tried everything I could, Time to ask some real pros... GAMERS! Thanks for anything!!

Edited by Brixton

Hey man, does this happen on every game or just GTA? If it is just GTA try it on single-player and let us know if it is the same.

Also what is your cooling like? What temps does your GPU get up to when gaming?

Also check if your power pins are plugged into your GPU fully.

Edited by Emulsify

Hey,

I believe I had a similar issue and it was happening in other games as well.
I'm pretty sure this can be resolved in your Power Options on your Windows PC.

I think by default Balanced is selected so if power is needed else where it'll take it from somewhere else.. in this case your monitor display.
Try changing this to High Performance then change the plan settings so both options in there are set to Never. 

Give it a test run and see if this has sorted it for you.

3 minutes ago, Stimo said:

Hey,

I believe I had a similar issue and it was happening in other games as well.
I'm pretty sure this can be resolved in your Power Options on your Windows PC.

I think by default Balanced is selected so if power is needed else where it'll take it from somewhere else.. in this case your monitor display.
Try changing this to High Performance then change the plan settings so both options in there are set to Never. 

Give it a test run and see if this has sorted it for you.

Noted, and well let you know if this made a difference.

Try having 2 monitors, one with task manager open and see what spikes when the screen goes black. Try using a different cable as well.

Could also be your monitor, hook something else up and see if the same issue occurs. (Ex. Another computer/gaming console)

Try using a different monitor port and/or output port.

Hello . RX 580 has temp problems i use the same card for eclipse . This is the temp with full graphics and fan duty on 100% http://prntscr.com/p5b80u

imagine now playing 10-15 mins with fan on 25-40% (fan default settings sucks) download an overclock program and make the fan spin faster when it reached 60C 65C

and 70C max speed . Screen goes black and sometimes windows cant recover the card and the pc needs to be restarted , Keep you graphics card cool with more fans there is nothing else you can do! http://prntscr.com/p5bb43

Edited by GiorgosK

1 hour ago, Asiantator said:

I had this issue with a brand new 1070 and it took me months to finally figure it out. Bad PCIe cable. Had my card vertically mounted and the cable was bad causing flickering. direct mounted to MB and havent had an issue since.

Do you know if this specifically would of been the issue and why would this have caused it?

I tested this IG for 10 minutes with no issue. So I willl say it’s probably fixed but not 100 percent certain.

1 hour ago, Guest Brixton said:

Do you know if this specifically would of been the issue and why would this have caused it?

I tested this IG for 10 minutes with no issue. So I willl say it’s probably fixed but not 100 percent certain.

I cannot say specifically if this would fix your issue but changing the PCIe slot will help you figure it out or not

Your problem may have been fixed with overclock. It may have not been getting enough power to begin with and therefore flickering black. It could have also been the fans with the temperature but that is less likely.

My recommendation is too raise the power limit to as far as it can go, this won’t effect every day power use or the overclock, it just ensures that it won’t happen again.

With the bad pcie slot, that may just have been a bad cable which can cause problems usually further down the line of constant use or right after adjustment. This all happened to me awhile ago and it was due to me not plugging one of the power connectors into my GPU fully hence the similar experience in general.

Best of luck and I hope it stays fixed. 🙂

1 hour ago, Emulsify said:

Your problem may have been fixed with overclock. It may have not been getting enough power to begin with and therefore flickering black. It could have also been the fans with the temperature but that is less likely.

My recommendation is too raise the power limit to as far as it can go, this won’t effect every day power use or the overclock, it just ensures that it won’t happen again.

With the bad pcie slot, that may just have been a bad cable which can cause problems usually further down the line of constant use or right after adjustment. This all happened to me awhile ago and it was due to me not plugging one of the power connectors into my GPU fully hence the similar experience in general.

Best of luck and I hope it stays fixed. 🙂

Nah legit nothing any of us tried works. You wanna know what it was? Should I tell ya? Ok I will tell ya! It was Freesync! Who would of thought....Freesync was causing this issue the hole time.... And I baught this expensive ass monitor for freesync specifically and the 144hz. Well at least I can still enjoy the 144 😄 😄

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.