kenichis

Reckless Driving Cameras

I can't believe they added cameras that will put a WARRANT for your arrest when you "drive recklessly." I'm usually all for new features but this is just absurd, if they wanted to enforce more traffic laws then make cops enforce them more, don't add "cameras" that will just arrest you. You don't even get notified on your phone, and it makes us have to "turn ourselves in" even though no cop wants to do it cause its a waste of time.

27 minutes ago, kenichis said:

I think a speeding citation would have been enough, a warrant are you for real?

It depends on your speed. If you only go 59 or less over, its a ticket. If you go 61 over the speed limit, it's an arrest for reckless operation. You should never be going that fast in a no crime zone.

Neutral

Don't see anything wrong with having speeding cameras, they issue tickets based on speed if they see you going over the speed limit by a big margin then they should fine you/warrant you appropriately. That's why if you go 81 past a speed camera you will only get a 500$ ticket vs if you go past a speed camera at 200 you will get a warrant. It is proportional.

Having said this, the fact that if you drive a stolen vehicle, a friend's vehicle or your own vehicle (while wearing a mask) will still give you a speeding ticket seems like metagaming and power gaming to me. There is no way a speeding camera would know who is driving a stolen car while wearing a mask. 

• Like 1

I believe going more than twice over the speed limit is good enough for a reckless charge. Not to mention it already got changed to only 10 minutes jailtime if charged by the camera because camera's are more lickely to stack charges. At the end, its a no crime zone and going 80 more then allowed is just waaaay too fast in a NCZ In my opinion. Also, you do get notified on your phone if you speed. I feel like some people just still need to get used to it to not drive reckless in NCZ's, because this was also a reason why they are added. Just to stop making people drive so fast in heavy populated area's where people get killed by desync. 

50 minutes ago, Yputi said:

I believe going more than twice over the speed limit is good enough for a reckless charge. Not to mention it already got changed to only 10 minutes jailtime if charged by the camera because camera's are more lickely to stack charges. At the end, its a no crime zone and going 80 more then allowed is just waaaay too fast in a NCZ In my opinion. Also, you do get notified on your phone if you speed. I feel like some people just still need to get used to it to not drive reckless in NCZ's, because this was also a reason why they are added. Just to stop making people drive so fast in heavy populated area's where people get killed by desync. 

I pretty much agree on this, I mean I'd be truthful I hate them myself as some do but its actually useful and logical too