Aldarine

Bags/Crates in Trunks and Seats

Title pretty much says it all.

It is fail rp to drive while holding your bag/crate and you have to rp doing this with /me and /do. You can't even carry your bag on your back when it's full because it's viewed as inventory and a full bag takes so much space, which should also be fixed, and so people are forced into this fail rp situation a lot. We can already store bodies in trunks and people sit in the car so I think there should be a command to place your bag/crate in these spots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MashTactics said:

+1

Would even be neat if larger models of cars could store multiple crates/bags to give additional meaning to owning a large work truck/van instead of a super car, but I'll take this.

+1

Been playing for 4 hours now and I'd give anything to get rid of all those supercars and have a practical use for larger, regular vehicles. Kind of ruins my RP when I'm obeying traffic laws and someone whips by me going the wrong way down the street in a pink and yellow supercar at 170kmph in general and then proceeds to do a burnout.

-1, you already have a trunk in which you can put your bag or crate and the fact is, if it's full - its full. You can carry your bag even if filled, but what you are requesting is to be able to carry a unrealistically heavy bag on your back to make a little more money with one mining tour...

Edited by CurtisJackson

1 hour ago, CurtisJackson said:

-1, you already have a trunk in which you can put your bag or crate and the fact is, if it's full - its full. You can carry your bag even if filled, but what you are requesting is to be able to carry a unrealistically heavy bag on your back to make a little more money with one mining tour...

Did you actually try to understand the suggestion? That's not what is being suggested at all. Currently in the game you are able to hold a full bag in your hands, get in your car, and drive. During this, the bag can be seen pretty much through the car. Should you get pulled over/reported, you have to show timestamped evidence of /me and /do showing that you RPly placed the bag in your passenger seat. If you don't have this, that's fail RP. I'm suggesting a way to actually place these items in that location instead of having to rely on that /me and /do. If a person can sit in a passenger seat, a bag should also be able to go there. Also, just for reference, it is much easier to carry something heavy on your back as opposed to in one hand irl. I'm not even a miner so I'm also not sure why you're assuming I'm suggesting this to make more money mining. The suggestion is to get rid of the forced fail RP scenario that you can easily get trapped in. It also destroys immersion watching a bag or crate flicker through a vehicle.

Edited by Aldarine

22 minutes ago, Aldarine said:

Did you actually try to understand the suggestion? That's not what is being suggested at all. Currently in the game you are able to hold a full bag in your hands, get in your car, and drive. During this, the bag can be seen pretty much through the car. Should you get pulled over/reported, you have to show timestamped evidence of /me and /do showing that you RPly placed the bag in your passenger seat. If you don't have this, that's fail RP. I'm suggestion a way to actually place these items in that location instead of having to rely on that /me and /do. If a person can sit in a passenger seat, a bag should also be able to go there. Also, just for reference, it is much easier to carry something heavy on your back as opposed to in one hand irl. I'm not even a miner so I'm also not sure why you're assuming I'm suggesting this to make more money mining. The suggestion is to get rid of the forced fail RP scenario that you can easily get trapped in.

I do get your point, I just think its pointless. Why would one not have space in their trunk to place the bag? Because its already full of ore, that is in my opinion the most frequent reason and I don't think a bag could even properly hold 100 vol. of ore (worth thousands). I think it'd be pretty weird if one could place 1/5 of what fits into a HUGE mule onto their passenger seat, don't you think? Regardless of you being able to "carry" or rather "pull" the bag.

Also fyi:
Quote of an Moderator:
"Secondly, the Non-RP. In the video you can be seen driving your vehicle while still carrying a box, presumably full of ore. Regardless of whatever you RP, even if you RP placing the box on the passenger seat, the box is still literally in your hands and is scriptly bound to your hands when you carry it. As such, driving while also carrying a box is akin to driving a vehicle while handcuffed, it's considered powergaming. "

Edited by CurtisJackson

7 minutes ago, CurtisJackson said:

I do get your point, I just think its pointless. Why would one not have space in their trunk to place the bag? Because its already full of ore, that is in my opinion the most frequent reason and I don't think a bag could even properly hold 100 vol. of ore (worth thousands). I think it'd be pretty weird if one could place 1/5 of what fits into a HUGE mule onto their passenger seat, don't you think? Regardless of you being able to "carry" or rather "pull" the bag.

Inventory sizes and weight limits already don't make sense and are unbalanced in my opinion. Your -1 is noted and feedback appreciated. I still think it would be a great addition to the server script wise.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:49 PM, CurtisJackson said:

Also fyi:
Quote of an Moderator:
"Secondly, the Non-RP. In the video you can be seen driving your vehicle while still carrying a box, presumably full of ore. Regardless of whatever you RP, even if you RP placing the box on the passenger seat, the box is still literally in your hands and is scriptly bound to your hands when you carry it. As such, driving while also carrying a box is akin to driving a vehicle while handcuffed, it's considered powergaming. "

I tell people this all the time and they still don’t listen.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.