SoloSmith

Admin Resolution In-Game

I'm not sure what tools are available to admins in the server at the moment but I've seen very little in-game resolution to most of the RP problems I've encountered.

There are people running around with personal cars that have non-RP names, the very lowest level of quality control in RP. I report it in-game, I'm told to post it on the forums.

I try to RP with a guy that speaks entirely through /b and mixes OOC/IC constantly. People randomly shoot other people, blow up gas stations, nothing happens. Report in-game? Go to forums. Lol, Omg, Wtf - not really proper terms to use in RP, this is all over the place.

I've made multiple reports in-game and every response is "make a post on the forums". While I understand this is a system that works, what's wrong with quickly spectating to check the problem first hand? It's your server, people are breaking rules, it's not the complete responsibility of players to police that.

Then you encounter members of the PD and some of the community with a fantastic level of RP. There's no clear definition here. Is it meant to be casual RP, that's the impression I get as a new player.

I'm not sure what the target level of RP is but if you want to improve the overall quality, you can't expect players to control the quality for you. While many people post reports, there's probably 2-3x as many that don't do it because it's a long and cumbersome process.

Edit: Just read through the server rules - https://forum.eclipse-rp.net/threads/eclipse-roleplay-server-rules.258/ 95% of them are getting shit on. I've been here 3-4 days and I have seen nearly every single rule broken, multiple times by tons of people.

Half the players I meet stand in total silence because they don't speak English.

"Refusing to interact with other players in English will have you punished, repeated offenses may get you banned."

The rules need to be enforced if they are expected to be followed.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I think the founders needs to define what their vision for the server is. Are we Cops and Robbers, are we going to be an RPG server or an RP server? There are too many issues on the server right now, and the criminal update is on the horizon, how do you plan on releasing the criminal update at the server's current state? Players can't handle the guns they get from the ammunition, and we're going to give them bigger guns? o_O (Just look at the events that took place when they were able to get the bugged guns from the LSPD vehicles, and now we plan on actually giving them real shotguns & rifles?)

I've put in a shit ton of work in the LSPD, among many other players. We try to maintain a high RP level in the Police Department, but aside from LSPD and some other factions, the majority of the server is a gigantic cock fest. Please make an announcement and define what you intend in terms of RP level or game mode. This is frustrating, I'm going to keep doing what I am in the LSPD but I don't know how long-lasting I'll be personally.

Don't get me wrong, there are some EXTREMELY GOOD role-players out there, the mechanic faction, Weasel News etc. But that's not the majority. I've also met new players, civilians, that are extremely good, but they're not long lasting - I see them once or twice, then they're never seen again.

Just look at the "protests" that happens, the most recent one that was done at the LSPD was because the trucking job was BUGGED. Like, what the fuck? And other times, it's because the "government" doesn't pay them enough - But the government doesn't fucking pay them? We don't even have a government! That was just one example; they're incapable of handling what we have on the server right now. These trucks are heavy vehicles, they're seen as a DEADLY WEAPON, and people would WHINE if we open fire at them when they drive towards us at excessive speeds in these trucks, that's what police would do in real life! But do we do it? No.

I've built up SWAT (along with Richard Vane) in the LSPD, and I wanted to enforce some good role-play standards in SWAT, but then I witnessed my very first bank robbery and then my second bank robbery, people just walk in, don't give a crap about the active situation and how they could lose their life. Do I really want to keep these high standards in my division? I can only see how it'll get worse with the criminal update, bigger guns will be accessible. I've been AGAINST police officers patrolling with big firearms, as of right now, anyone in SWAT is being given a full arsenal of weapons but I've been pushing to get that removed from them, and for the weapons only to be added when they go on SWAT duty, but is that something I want to keep pushing for? I don't know.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 2

I think the founders needs to define what their vision for the server is. Are we Cops and Robbers, are we going to be an RPG server or an RP server? There are too many issues on the server right now, and the criminal update is on the horizon, how do you plan on releasing the criminal update at the server's current state? Players can't handle the guns they get from the ammunition, and we're going to give them bigger guns? o_O

I've put in a shitton of work in the LSPD, among many other players. We try to maintain a high RP level in the Police Department, but the rest of the server is a gigantic shitfest. Please make an announcement and define what you intend in terms of RP level or game mode. This is frustrating, I'm going to keep doing what I am in the LSPD but I don't know how long-lasting I'll be personally.

I'm with this, there's need to be a way to Improve a bit the RP of the server, The server right now, seems like a cops and robbers. Every one is Cop Baiting, every one thinks they are superman. Names that are the most ridiculous things.

LSPD will not plan to engage SWAT all the time, if every one is going to gain a AK47 they should know how to RP in the basics, and not robbing every one every minute. Or shooting powerful weapons all the time.

Edited by Guest

I agree with all of these people There must be a change or the server will lose good Roleplayers. Today I responded to a 911 call about a man being shot at pier I came up upon the scene and The shooters had fled the scene I start to Roleplay with medics and the injured man , after about 1 min into the roleplay Antonio shows up that can't speak English Antonio decides that it would be fun to jump in to his truck and start to run us over killing the man on the ground and me and the medic. after that I spawned at the hospital and immediately got killed at the hospital because why not people dont rp on this server

Edited by Guest

Same! I'm more than sick and tired of all of this! people acting like they are superman and all cop baiting and even one of the founders as done cop baiting today. People that can't speak english i'm not talking about syntax error i'm talking about literral non ability to understand and speak english. People that is just running around and fucking with the police because they have nothing else to do shooting at one officer infront of the PD with 10 other Officer infront of him. People that doesn't care about "FearRP" even tho it's not a thing and they start trying to evade eventho he is boxed by 4 units. We need to do something about this.

Edited by Guest

Completely agree, the broken english, failRP, exploiting (I don't care if it's a GTMP but it IS exploiting by definition) and just overall lack of shits given by some players they just wanna get on with speeding or get on with commiting more crimes that's it... the PD has strict RP rules or at least a code by which we must work, the rest? fuck they can drive around playing superman and nothing matters. Look at just one of many chases that end like this;

Ignore the audio it desynced on render for some reason, but you get the idea, skip to mid way.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS-0BjI-Y4s[/media]

Another thing I've noticed, a lot of people have over like 250 ping... that's wayyyy too much for an online game and it actually helps them to run away in car chases as the desync actually gets worse with more ping, you can pit them 15 times, they can be on 1 wheel but still they will keep going because the ping and desync just allow them to as they are just really fucking laggy.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

I agree, while I'm still a noob to RP, the people in this comment thread inspire me to improve my RP quality. The only time I do get quality RP is when I get pulled over by the PD or at the mechanic shop. I constantly see truckers driving off road etc, they really need to let us know which direction they're going I agree with all of you 100%. I think there needs to be stricter requirements for weapons and it needs to cost more and the playtime needed should be 12 hours. 2 hours is nothing, and I think they need make the jail time IC waaay longer

Edited by Guest

Completely agree, the broken english, failRP, exploiting (I don't care if it's a GTMP but it IS exploiting by definition) and just overall lack of shits given by some players they just wanna get on with speeding or get on with commiting more crimes that's it... the PD has strict RP rules or at least a code by which we must work, the rest? fuck they can drive around playing superman and nothing matters. Look at just one of many chases that end like this;

Ignore the audio it desynced on render for some reason, but you get the idea, skip to mid way.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS-0BjI-Y4s[/media]

Another thing I've noticed, a lot of people have over like 250 ping... that's wayyyy too much for an online game and it actually helps them to run away in car chases as the desync actually gets worse with more ping, you can pit them 15 times, they can be on 1 wheel but still they will keep going because the ping and desync just allow them to as they are just really fucking laggy.

Lmao that was hilarious and sad at the same time.

Just to add to that, he quit as we caught him... like it even said (Quit) people don't wanna RP they just wanna run around invincible to the crimes.

Is this a clip where he's surrounded by police in a tunnel and he quit and someone in TS says yeah I got it on video?

I do agree to all of this, more then 100%. I'm from a solid RP Community from SA-MP, also an old creator/founder of many communities, and i've seen only destruction of this Community sence i joined 1 and a half week ago. First i would Point out. letting administators RP on there admin account, that would be of the charts, that shit shouldnt even be allowed, cause they can abuse/take advantage of that and quickly heal them self in gunfights if they rp and gets involved in that situation, then there is the players in general, i've only recieved the turst of my RP needs from the PD, Mechanic, and MD, also MerryWeather in some Points. Sure Everything isent great, but an more solid struction of the rules should defenently be established.

Without the rules clearly stating, and the staff slacking in-game because they decide to RP on there admin account they simply ignore the tickets and letting the support handle the reports. As of the "Make a forum report" yeah totaly agree, that shit is not funny, its a different part if we report a player for somthing major, like hacking and there isent an staff online that can ban, but them taking 1-10 minutes off to spectate would be a great idea.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

I do agree to all of this, more then 100%. I'm from a solid RP Community from SA-MP, also an old creator/founder of many communities, and i've seen only destruction of this Community sence i joined 1 and a half week ago. First i would Point out. letting administators RP on there admin account, that would be of the charts, that shit shouldnt even be allowed, cause they can abuse/take advantage of that and quickly heal them self in gunfights if they rp and gets involved in that situation, then there is the players in general, i've only recieved the turst of my RP needs from the PD, Mechanic, and MD, also MerryWeather in some Points. Sure Everything isent great, but an more solid struction of the rules should defenently be established.

Without the rules clearly stating, and the staff slacking in-game because they decide to RP on there admin account they simply ignore the tickets and letting the support handle the reports. As of the "Make a forum report" yeah totaly agree, that shit is not funny, its a different part if we report a player for somthing major, like hacking and there isent an staff online that can ban, but them taking 1-10 minutes off to spectate would be a great idea.

Admins/Mods don't have commands on the fly, we need to enable administrative duty, which is logged and change the way our name looks. You'll never see an admin healing themselves in the middle of a fight and if you do you can report them and they'll be removed for abuse. Simple as that, it's a non-issue.

The servers playerbase is growing much quicker than the staff team, a few months ago there's was an active playerbase of 20. I agree that it's unfortunate that you're being told to "go to the forum", but it's usually because nobody is on with permissions to solve your issue. Sometimes the forum is the only option.

Lots of valid concerns being voiced here and I agree with many points. The staff team needs to be larger with more players online who are able to help. Our support team is knowledgeable but they can't do much as they have no commands.

Edited by Guest

As a taxi driver I have to cope with being hit by truckers ALL the time, they don't RP it and just drive away. When I was still a trucker most trucks were always in a hurry to see who's gonna be the first in fuel depot etc. and it's really annoying that they just drive into other people and just don't RP and drive away. A simple sorry would have been enough, if you don't want to RP just say sorry and leave, I'll get you, but just driving away shows how ignorant you really are and how you don't wish to RP and just make money

The issue I see here is that people come on this because they want more of GTA. However, they need to look at it as an RP server with the GTA skin/mod. I have never come across a community this into cops and robbers and being so bad at role-play at any point during my years on Arma RP servers. I'm not sure wether it's the big e-peen issue they have or because they think cop-baiting is what GTA is about. They fail to see the RP potential of a simple meet-up, giving your character a story or just acting like this is real life. I pick up too many people who jump off a bridge to get down quicker instead of running around because they thought they could do it. No one does that, and those that do need daily carers.

In regards to the non-english. I also run into too many of these people, we all know the group we mean and let's not single out a whole country because of it. I have had admins kick players who can't RP due to not speaking english but why the hell is the idiot streamer who breaks RP rules every day, who cop-baits more than anyone, who fails to grasp the concept that because things don't go the way he wanted them to - it's not a reportable offence, why is he still here? I don't believe this administration is sticking with the fact he has a following or because of "donations" - if that is the case I would rather go to a smaller community with stricter rules or just play something else.

I understand the frustration of coding every day for an update that people are nagging about constantly, but I am also sick of the daily conversation in discord about these certain members of the community that are pissing everyone off. Hell, the way I am RPing at the moment is embarrassing for me. I hole-heartedly admit that I shot someone to death who got in my ambulance without RPing - we all know who he is and I was streaming it - I didn't mean to kill him, I just meant to make his health go back to what it was before. Then comes the influx of seagulls talking IC shouting "reporting medic" blah blah blah. Had that have been an actual RP scenario I would also be kicked from my job for opening fire on a civilian without it being self-defence and would be arrested myself, I should have called the police. However I have to deal with these fucking idiots every single day and Id rather them get more pissed off and fuck off than me role-play it properly when all they do anyway is pull out their weapon INSIDE the police department, refuse any RP for their arrest as they don't think it's fair, goes outside the police station aims their gun at the police, fires in the air and drives off as fast as possible on a bike that police cruisers can't chase. All because he thinks its entertainment for his following.

If that's what entertainment we get on this server, I don't want any part of it.

Edited by Guest
  • Upvote 1

Just wanted to add, I've seen a massive improvement in the last 24 hours. I don't know if you guys recruited more admins or what, but whatever changes were made, it's fantastic. I'm quick to complain but I'll give credit where credit is due :D

I've seen more bans/kicks in the last 24 hours than 4 previous days combined, and more severe punishments too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1