DarkEthanol

Is the server always like this?

I hate to start my time on this server on a negative, but for what claims to be an RP server, within my first 5 minutes I saw;

3 - 4 cars that wouldn't be allowed on public roads, never mind driving around the city

Every car I saw was flying around at speeds of around 80MPH in the city (this was including police cars)

I requested a taxi, he turned up at 80+MPH, drifted around the corner, crashed into everything on the way to my destination

At this moment in time, this makes me feel like I wasted my time applying for this RolePlay server. My question is, is the server always like this, or did I come at a bad time?

nope. all roleplay servers have bad actors, it's the volume of them that matters. that said, eclipse is probably one of the few that doesn't have them running amok at all hours of the day, and even fewer so to have nearly a quarter of the playerbase be consistent of a bunch of people that don't understand how to RP properly. sorry you put up with that, but no, the server's generally pretty good when it comes to people dicking around.

Always like it? No.

The problem is that there is a really wide spectrum of roleplay on the server, from hardly any to quite a lot. You won't hear about the good roleplay because we're all supposed to roleplay well, but in circumstances like you described, of course you are going to wonder what you signed up for.

The server gets crazy, often. Even more so as the numbers of online players goes up.

What you describe, in my honest opinion, is typical Eclipse RP.

It can actually get much, much worse (my favorite is the guys RPing horsemen and gingerbread men with guns on their hips inside the bank)

The good news: There is some really great RP here! Sometimes it is hard to find, some times it seems it doesn't happen, but if you are persistent, and can put up with some BS here and there, great scenes and great people can be found. I have tried to quit this server several times TBH, but other servers lack character and heart that I can find in Eclipse. It is colorful, it is vibrant, it is alive. Yes, some of the time that just creates pure chaos, but in between the chaos you can often find incredible gaming moments.

Stick with it if you can. And do like I do, keep hoping it gets better!

Edited by Jasmine

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.