Kai

A command to remove an alias.

You meet someone, you get on well, you learn their name, and of course you set their /alias.

However, there is no way to remove someone's alias.  This could be needed under the following circumstances:

1.  You've set an alias for someone from a long time ago, but you have no idea who they are. I would rather them go back to unknown IDs than names I do not recognise.

2. You accidentally set someone's alias, say you typed the wrong ID - but you don't know the name of the wrong person to replace their now incorrect alias. 

3. Perhaps they changed their name in the form of CK'ing and you're happy to oblige.  You no longer know their name, but perhaps they don't want to give you their new one, so they're stuck with it above their head. 

13 minutes ago, Kai said:

Once yes, but what about the next person?  Set it to Strangerr?  Strangerrrr?

Sure, set them all to Stranger, if you don't know them having 50 people with the stranger alias shouldn't be a problem. No need to tell them apart by having extra R's. right?

Just now, Linden said:

My understanding is that you can't set multiple people as the same alias.

Really? That seems silly, that's what they should change. I rarely alias people so i don't come across it that often... then yeah, something to clear aliases maybe, it's kind of the other end of an earlier suggestion saying when you do facial reconstruction you should get hte option to erase any one that has aliased you, because you don't look the same

10 minutes ago, BellamyJames said:

Sure, set them all to Stranger, if you don't know them having 50 people with the stranger alias shouldn't be a problem. No need to tell them apart by having extra R's. right?

As said above, you can't set multiple people with the same one.

Whilst I could see the argument for allowing multiple people with the names, I also see this problematic in terms of immersion when you get confused between people just based on their names, even though in character you would recognise them by more than just a hovering name

On 6/1/2019 at 4:20 PM, xxxJustTimmy said:

/alias ID Stranger1
/alias ID Stranger2
/alias ID Stranger3 
(just a suggestion)
+1 to the idea of being able to remove aliases 

Yeah but I'm not too keen on having numbers in that way on my alias for people

+1
I (very rarely) alias the wrong person. It will force me to do /alias [ID] Stranger1, 2, 3, etc. When I do that, I will still sort of recognize the person as the person I've seen sometime, but I don't know their name. An option to reset an alias wouldn't do any harm in my opinion and actually help sometimes.

Edited by Yputi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.