Dimitriy_Alexander

Mechanic jobs and player bought garage shops.

I suggest allowing players to open their own mechanic shop if they have the money...At this moment, you can only work in 1 of 2 mechanic shops and is boring. This would open a lot of room for roleplay as illegal and legal modification of cars and more customization when it comes to pricing and player customization(Make your own garage, put speakers, furniture etc)....And make the mechanic a job, not a faction maybe(job which still requires application or forum with theoretic questions(Like a license)--this opening room for roleplay such as mechanical schools and such.

Also, make the mechanic to be able to make small repairs without needing to be in the shop( with minimum 950 car health or something).

I love being a mechanic and it's the main reason I started playing the game, wanting to become a mechanic, but to be honest, there isn't much roleplay as mechanics go, you only go to LS CUSTOMS, select what you want, and then wait for the mechanic to finish the job in 2 mins. So, we need some diversification.

-1. While I understand the desire to have illegal body shops and more player-owned businesses, and am always up for more RP experiences for players, I think that having a lot of mechanic shops could have the unintended effect of promoting poorer RP. From my understanding, there would be very little to no regulation over these illegal/player owned mechanic shops, meaning that RP could diminish. Perhaps my opinion on this suggestion would be different if the same amount of regulation on RP standards was placed on these shops as are on LSC and Bayview, and not too many of them were opened up.

• Upvote 1

With introducing even more mechanic opportunities, you'll further diminish what little demand of mechanic work and rp there already is.

I understand what you're wanting to do in the sense of creating more opportunities for mechanic rp than just at LSC/Bayview but it's just not viable given the lack of demand for more detailed mechanic rp. LSC/Bayview do pretty well as they are, especially fielding personnel around the clock and they do pretty well attempting to make the process enjoyable.

The big reason LSC/Bayview standard interaction times are mere minutes is the type of rp. Sure mechanics can go all out with extensive /me's of doing work but how does a regular customer interact with that? There's not much they could really do or say to "assist" in furthering the roleplay besides maybe some small talk or asking how something works but that's about it.

The only additional "mechanic rp" I could see is perhaps making a criminal job that actually handles chopping cars down then delivering the parts to a second location similar to making drugs rather than just dropping a car off but that could become a huge mess of its own. 

On 5/27/2019 at 2:26 PM, Dimitriy_Alexander said:

I suggest allowing players to open their own mechanic shop if they have the money...At this moment, you can only work in 1 of 2 mechanic shops and is boring. This would open a lot of room for roleplay as illegal and legal modification of cars and more customization when it comes to pricing and player customization(Make your own garage, put speakers, furniture etc)....And make the mechanic a job, not a faction maybe(job which still requires application or forum with theoretic questions(Like a license)--this opening room for roleplay such as mechanical schools and such.

Also, make the mechanic to be able to make small repairs without needing to be in the shop( with minimum 950 car health or something).

I love being a mechanic and it's the main reason I started playing the game, wanting to become a mechanic, but to be honest, there isn't much roleplay as mechanics go, you only go to LS CUSTOMS, select what you want, and then wait for the mechanic to finish the job in 2 mins. So, we need some diversification.

I think this is a good idea and it should help, We have bennys which isnt getting used and it should be, So lets bring at least one and use Benny's garage for this. 

BIG +1

What quality of rp, I went to make 100,000$ modifications to my car, the mechanic took the car, went in and came back in 1 minute with it done(you're not allowed to enter where the mechanic works)...There is no actual roleplay whatsoever...What about people who want to be a mechanic? nobody is hiring anymore...We should let a free market develop, not just 2 big factions controlling the whole server.

25 minutes ago, Dimitriy_Alexander said:

What quality of rp, I went to make 100,000$ modifications to my car, the mechanic took the car, went in and came back in 1 minute with it done(you're not allowed to enter where the mechanic works)...There is no actual roleplay whatsoever...What about people who want to be a mechanic? nobody is hiring anymore...We should let a free market develop, not just 2 big factions controlling the whole server.

LSC is literally hiring right now. Also, even if you can't go in the garages you can stand somewhat near the garage and still see the /me's /do's that they do just to ensure that they do the RP. ( i'm currently employed at LSC )

3 hours ago, Dimitriy_Alexander said:

LSC and Bayview are both hiring!

• Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.