SA Brian Jennings

Free Water for Home Owners

13 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

Well I don't know about you, but I also don't pay 300k for a shit ass tiny apartment.

Or 20k a month for rent.

Fix the prices of houses to be realistic, then we can make realistic tap water.

You also don't make 100k every couple of hours mining in real life either. You make a lot more money in this game, therefore things are more expensive, but in relative terms, you would struggle buying the best houses in town in real life too unless you worked for years. 

5 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

You also don't make 100k every couple of hours mining in real life either. You make a lot more money in this game, therefore things are more expensive, but in relative terms, you would struggle buying the best houses in town in real life too unless you worked for years. 

Work with me here, not against me! LOL.

You get what I mean.

And if mining is 100k every few hours, then there is 0% chance I would get away with that as a civilian.Is the entire area a giant NCZ by chance? Or is ore not steal-able?

If I cant get a load of wheat 1/4 mile down the road, no way im getting 100k in minerals out.

Edited by Jasmine

6 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

Work with me here, not against me! LOL.

You get what I mean.

What you mean is that you want houses to be cheap even though everyone earns a lot of money. It doesn't work like that, it's simple economics.

If you want houses to be "cheap" everyone would've had to make 1/10 of what they make now, and they would've been "cheaper". But since you earn so much money per hour, houses aren't really that expensive. 

If you think about it, if you start from 0 money saved, how many years would it take you to save up enough to buy a house in LA? 

You said job safety is a concern, let's say that you do money courier, you make a solid 10k an hour, even more if you are in low tax bracket so you get welfare bonus. But let's say 10k. That means that the 1 mil mansion is 100 hours, which if you play 4 hours a day is ~25 days. Less than a month. And that's just an old simple job. 

The new trucker job? In the first day people were giving 25,000$ tips to truck drivers to deliver to their store first. Mining is similarly very profitable. Yes you might be robbed, but then if you're making 100k an hour? Get a gun permit, a gun, or even a bodyguard. I agree that the robbing spree is very unrealistic right now, but there are ways around it and it's not impossible to make a good, even high amount of money.

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 1

The focus is on grinding for cash instead of roleplay.  How is that so grossly overlooked?  You don't get RP when you're forced to grind 8-10 hors a day to make any kind of money.  Then you get robbed on your way to the bank and hours worth of work is destroyed because some pissant wants to non rp rob people. You join a RP server to RP, not grind away endlessly to afford the basic necessities in life. The robberies are out of control and killing any desire for Civ RP'ers to even log in.  There is no end in sight due to apathy or disagreement in what RP should be.  This is a good idea about the water for home owners or renters.  Even if you stay in a hotel or motel you should have access to the water to sustain your well being, so this shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

What you mean is that you want houses to be cheap even though everyone earns a lot of money. It doesn't work like that, it's simple economics.

If you want houses to be "cheap" everyone would've had to make 1/10 of what they make now, and they would've been "cheaper". But since you earn so much money per hour, houses aren't really that expensive. 

If you think about it, if you start from 0 money saved, how many years would it take you to save up enough to buy a house in LA? 

You said job safety is a concern, let's say that you do money courier, you make a solid 10k an hour, even more if you are in low tax bracket so you get welfare bonus. But let's say 10k. That means that the 1 mil mansion is 100 hours, which if you play 4 hours a day is ~25 days. Less than a month. And that's just an old simple job. 

The new trucker job? In the first day people were giving 25,000$ tips to truck drivers to deliver to their store first. Mining is similarly very profitable. Yes you might be robbed, but then if you're making 100k an hour? Get a gun permit, a gun, or even a bodyguard. I agree that the robbing spree is very unrealistic right now, but there are ways around it and it's not impossible to make a good, even high amount of money.

your numbers are off. Way off. You do not make 10k an hour as an ATM driver, its 6500, 7k if you happen to get lucky with a bunch of far north runs.

Also have to deduct time for the robberies that will happen (for me around 1 every 2 hours, which sets you back for the cab ride, the time you lose, and if you are dumb enough to carry any cash or valuable)

Also deduct the 30% tax. so it is closer to 4000 per hour. 

And dude, its a game, 4 hours a day of on-duty is miserable! I want to see you run the ATM truck for 4 straight hours, What are you talking about here???d

But lets say you hate your life and desperately want that house, you are still talking 2 months of work for a house in a game. 

Oh and by the way, if it was real life we would need to be paying rent that whole time. so subtract 15k (that's cheap) per week or we have to be homeless. So that's another 120k we need to make up.

I know in your head there is no problem and I am just whining and crying, and don't deserve to be heard, but there is a problem, it is real, and it is a legitimate complaint from your community, not just me. I beg you to start listening.

Also, this is RP not real life. 

Also, no staff should ever, ever, ever use "this is real life" as the answer to any thread, as that argument can easily thrown out by watching a handful of my clips. (don't worry more to come). I even filter out the most egregious FailRP so as not to reward their behavior.

So for real, please stop using "well in real life...." as a justification. In real life, there are low-income rentals that cost less than 300 a month (some are even free). 

Edited by Jasmine
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Reckless311 said:

The focus is on grinding for cash instead of roleplay.  How is that so grossly overlooked?  You don't get RP when you're forced to grind 8-10 hors a day to make any kind of money.  Then you get robbed on your way to the bank and hours worth of work is destroyed because some pissant wants to non rp rob people. You join a RP server to RP, not grind away endlessly to afford the basic necessities in life. The robberies are out of control and killing any desire for Civ RP'ers to even log in.  There is no end in sight due to apathy or disagreement in what RP should be.  This is a good idea about the water for home owners or renters.  Even if you stay in a hotel or motel you should have access to the water to sustain your well being, so this shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

I think this comes from the fact that this server was built on grinding. So going forward, all new players must grind in the same manner. Which in a way I can understand.

But at the same time, the inflation that has occurred because of the latest boom has swing things wildly out of control, and the server is different now. The prices for housing, businesses, and now basic food and water has skyrocketed (ask anyone whos been here a while what they bought there house or supers for). But the system for grinding and making money hasn't adjusted. 

So what this leaves is a huge gap between new or newish players and the top of the chain. Add to that, the top of the chain also guide or make the decisions for the community.

It would be a huge leap of faith, and a huge sacrifice of the old players to sacrifice their money and power to allow the server to grow and flourish. 

And provide a welcoming, RP centric experience and move away from this archaic grind.

I am incredibly hopeful and excited to see what direction we move. But also discouraged by the dialogue currently happening coming from the top. It feels very dismissive, and out of touch with the bottom rungs of the player base. 

::crosses fingers::

• Like 2

+1

I know water can come from a tap in a house in real life but with the way the server is, let's say you need to buy a "filter" to safely acquire the water to drink. As an example, the filter could cost $5000 and you get like 25 uses making is $200 per use but you also get the convenience of it being in your home.

Edited by Wifye

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.