Kai

Disallow Taco Scamming in NCZ

So there has been once specific scammer telling people their tacos cost $14, or lying about what the prices are and whatever other excuse he's used, as he sits outside the NCZ bank.

Upon using the command, which gives no confirmation of price or purchase, it then charges you $1400.

In my opinion, this is scamming. It is therefore a crime. Therefore, in an NCZ, it shouldn't be allowed.

However today I was informed by staff that it's perfectly allowed.  On one hand, I could go out, buy one of these and get rich, or I could report it.  This guy has made at least 30k in a tiny amount of time just by scamming people in an NCZ.

This especially harms new players, not to mention the fact that he is also doing this to new players, which in itself is scamming (at least in my opinion), and as you cannot scam/thieve from new players, it's another rule break.  

Allowing this to occur, creates multiple problems and loopholes and I feel it is irresponsible to allow it.

One fix would be at least a confirmation pop up or at least something in chat which serves as confirmation and notification of price.

Edited by Kai

+1

Scamming is a crime. No Crime Zone is a zone in where crimes are not to be committed as this is against server rules! You are totally right and whoever said that the taco seller can do this is an absolute idiot.

Check this post out;

Edit: Link to other post added.

Edited by st3fan333

+1 for the "scamming should not be allowed there"

Not every crime is forbidden inside the NCZs, at least according to the roleplaying guide: 

Scamming could be easily aded to this. At the same time I think this is OOC scamming and thus also a problem outside of the NCZ. Like why would I (my char) EVER give $1400 for a Taco? If it's played out really well, like e.g. I pay with a credit card and the dude /me's that he puts in another price, or w/e. But like this? I just never know how much I'll pay.

+1 for the "add confirmation window or other way to know the price"

Edited by Sinsali
see below, Admin cleared it up
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Sinsali said:

-1 for the "scamming should not be allowed there"

Not every crime is forbidden inside the NCZs, at least according to the roleplaying guide: 

Examples of allowed crimes:

Drug/Alcohol Use in Public.
Drug/Weapon Dealing.
Prostitution.
Any Possession Charge.

Scamming could be easily aded to this. At the same time I think this is OOC scamming. Like why would I (my char) EVER give $1400 for a Taco? If it's played out really well, like e.g. I pay with a credit card and the dude /me's that he puts in another price, or w/e. But like this? I just never know how much I'll pay.

Every crime is forbidden inside of NCZ's, the rule has changed and the Roleplay Guide has yet to be updated. 

3 minutes ago, Sinsali said:

snip

Yeah it's less about the fact that the scamming is taking place - it's more that there should be a way to see what you're spending.  It is against NCZ rules as no crime is allowed at all.

If this was real life, nobody would somehow drag $1400 (or a more realistic but expensive irl number) for a taco...

There should be a confirmation message or pop up

Edited by Kai

3 minutes ago, Sinsali said:

Examples of allowed crimes:

Drug/Alcohol Use in Public.
Drug/Weapon Dealing.
Prostitution.
Any Possession Charge.

Scamming could be easily aded to this. At the same time I think this is OOC scamming. Like why would I (my char) EVER give $1400 for a Taco? If it's played out really well, like e.g. I pay with a credit card and the dude /me's that he puts in another price, or w/e. But like this? I just never know how much I'll pay.

I can’t find the information about the allowed crimes. Could you direct me to it?

AB8DC27D-6223-45D1-B7FD-B5919C7EBC54.thumb.png.48ad58104fa7f2c6ee7401cb8b2e07e1.png

3 minutes ago, Kai said:

Yeah it's less about the fact that the scamming is taking place - it's more that there should be a way to see what you're spending.  It is against NCZ rules as no crime is allowed at all.

If this was real life, nobody would somehow drag $1400 (or a more realistic but expensive irl number) for a taco...

There should be a confirmation message or pop up

Could be a credit card👀👀

6 minutes ago, Sinsali said:

+1 for the "scamming should not be allowed there"

Scamming could be easily aded to this. At the same time I think this is OOC scamming and thus also a problem outside of the NCZ. Like why would I (my char) EVER give $1400 for a Taco? If it's played out really well, like e.g. I pay with a credit card and the dude /me's that he puts in another price, or w/e. But like this? I just never know how much I'll pay.

This is exactly my thoughts with the whole taco scam. Should be ban-able through Bad RP imo.

2 minutes ago, DDevastatedTV said:

I see it as its not scamming if you choose to go the taco and pay for it then thats on you 

The point is that the seller will say "oh its only $100" or something.

The command /buytaco does not give us notification of the price or anything, it simply buys it. In this case, for $1400.

It is literally the definition of scamming.

Lets not keep the questioning of support staff's opinions.  If this is indeed not currently against rules, then he is just following and agreeing how it is now.

Doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or that he doesn't do his job.  He just has a different opinion.

4 minutes ago, Kai said:

Lets not keep the questioning of support staff's opinions.  If this is indeed not currently against rules, then he is just following and agreeing how it is now.

Doesn't mean he doesn't work hard or that he doesn't do his job.  He just has a different opinion.

His opinion is that its the players fault that they were misinformed by the person selling the tacos, when there is no way to check what the price of the taco is on our end. Its not even close to RP because that would never happin in RL

• Like 1