JRBO

private plantations

ive saw this idea circulating a bit but the it mostly seems to have been forgotten about. I think it would be a good idea if people could have their own private plantations by buying something like a planter box that allows some marijuana seeds to be planted. It could have some debuffs instead of using public spots just like how private tables need water put on them + use of protective gear and drugs take longer to produce etc. i think it makes most sense to have them be imported the same way tables are as theyll only be used by criminals and gangs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JRBO said:

ive saw this idea circulating a bit but the it mostly seems to have been forgotten about. I think it would be a good idea if people could have their own private plantations by buying something like a planter box that allows some marijuana seeds to be planted. It could have some debuffs instead of using public spots just like how private tables need water put on them + use of protective gear and drugs take longer to produce etc. i think it makes most sense to have them be imported the same way tables are as theyll only be used by criminals and gangs

Its been almost 3 years since that was first teased, meantime every update was very different and the past year was the year of the crims getting most updates. I heavyly doubt that it wil ever find place.

i think main issue is the economy being totaly fucked if materials are that easy to get, 

and second issue is that, they just did everything to get us “OUT” the houses, and killed private in total, so i would be very surprised if suddenly we can have private plantations. 

This is not the direction the server is going. the devs dont want people to be able to generate money passively in their properties.

10 hours ago, Ritchie Stones said:

i think main issue is the economy being totaly fucked if materials are that easy to get, 

This is still an issue, but the problem is that its monopolised by whoever can hold a public plantation and lab. as a solo/small group crim you are effectlvely softlocked out of the entire drug cooking/dealing mechanic. the only edge case would be cooking out of an RV, but if youre being halfway honest with your placement/clipping you can only really fit about 3 tables into one of those which is deliberately not worth. 

16 hours ago, Quietthecutie said:

This is not the direction the server is going. the devs dont want people to be able to generate money passively in their properties.

This is still an issue, but the problem is that its monopolised by whoever can hold a public plantation and lab. as a solo/small group crim you are effectlvely softlocked out of the entire drug cooking/dealing mechanic. the only edge case would be cooking out of an RV, but if youre being halfway honest with your placement/clipping you can only really fit about 3 tables into one of those which is deliberately not worth. 

yeah i feel like public labs is just the " nostalgia" from years ago that they want back but, they forgot about the council back then how it was heavy dominated, and unfair to play, it seems like it is hard to find the right balance, 
- I liked the thrill of being super secret about my places having tables and being able to be raided if you where not careful. it seems however call of duty in drug labs is better.

they try to bring people back together, but the people they bring back together but the question is what kinda people are they bringing back together.

I agree that doing something in a private instance or indoors is not the right idea. Often times IRL, criminals will grow illegal marijuana plants in the middle of normal crop fields or out in the wilderness somewhere where it won't be spotted. Just allow the planting of seeds anywhere and implement a planter item that could be used anywhere a private drug table could be placed. This way it is just as balanced as the private tables. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2024 at 12:50 PM, Requiem said:

I agree that doing something in a private instance or indoors is not the right idea. Often times IRL, criminals will grow illegal marijuana plants in the middle of normal crop fields or out in the wilderness somewhere where it won't be spotted. Just allow the planting of seeds anywhere and implement a planter item that could be used anywhere a private drug table could be placed. This way it is just as balanced as the private tables. 

i agree i think plantations like that would work then theres still risk but you dont have the bigger gangs basically dominating the drug trade with no way for smaller gangs to ever realistically use it without constantly being robbed. additionally, some people irl are likely to start small plantations in their attic or somewhere more private and dark so i think planter boxes in apartments still make sense

Edited by JRBO
i had extra ideas i would like to share

To be fair a lot of criminals in real life have huge indoor plantations that require a lot of work like constant watering, light sources, and fertilizers. If there can maybe be something added where growing privately requires all of those things and a decent amount of care while you are growing I could see this being a real improvement. As of now the server dominance is based on whoever can bring the most people to hide is bushes and catch you off guard at a public lab which is unrealistic in my opinion. 

On 4/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, BulkyUmbrella60 said:

To be fair a lot of criminals in real life have huge indoor plantations that require a lot of work like constant watering, light sources, and fertilizers. If there can maybe be something added where growing privately requires all of those things and a decent amount of care while you are growing I could see this being a real improvement. As of now the server dominance is based on whoever can bring the most people to hide is bushes and catch you off guard at a public lab which is unrealistic in my opinion. 

yeah i think its quite unrealistic that the only spots to go to are ones that every other criminal involved in the drug trade know about. this would never happen in real life. these suggestions are quite good and i think aslong as indoor plantations are made to be more high maintenance than public ones, there shouldnt be much of an issue with them

From a realism perspective, youre right. But it still wont happen.

The entire reason private labs were nuked was because it takes people into a private instance, where no one can interact with them barring altRP or them messing up their cook. essentially this took players out of the public game and into their own little private server. which made the city feel quieter than it should once you consider maybe a third of criminals would be cooking like this at any given moment. The devs identified this as a dealbreaker for the server and thus removed it.

In order for privatelabs to make a return, you would have to make it so that this is no longer an issue. and I can see no way to do that. yes you can make private labs have more steps and be more difficult than public cooking, that was already the case with the watering mechanic, but it still dosent fix the main problem.

Private chops can be built anywhere on the map. hobo huts can be built anywhere for storage, why not let people place tables and grow anywhere on the map? I think that would be an interesting idea, now there is actual physical territory gangs would have to actually control on the surface if they want to defend a cook, scrap, or grow operation. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/20/2024 at 1:56 PM, Quietthecutie said:

From a realism perspective, youre right. But it still wont happen.

The entire reason private labs were nuked was because it takes people into a private instance, where no one can interact with them barring altRP or them messing up their cook. essentially this took players out of the public game and into their own little private server. which made the city feel quieter than it should once you consider maybe a third of criminals would be cooking like this at any given moment. The devs identified this as a dealbreaker for the server and thus removed it.

In order for privatelabs to make a return, you would have to make it so that this is no longer an issue. and I can see no way to do that. yes you can make private labs have more steps and be more difficult than public cooking, that was already the case with the watering mechanic, but it still dosent fix the main problem.

i think someone may have mentioned earlier on in the thread but what if plantations could be created in spots such as forests or just in the middle of nowhere on the map. this means gangs are still out and about and even solo criminals can be too. they can still set up smart places to hide the plants but they are still in more of a spot where its possible to be found