isBrainDed

Weazel News Suggestion

1. I have recently bought a blip from Weazel News, I was informed that the service fee which is set by the server is 4,000$. Upon setting up the agreement with the Weazel News employee, the final offer cost me 12,000$ for a blip that was on the map for 4 days. While I don't mind paying for a blip and I think its a good addition to the server ( especially if more blips are allowed ) there was something that kinda struck me as wrong.

The 12,000$ that I paid to the Weazel News can be split in 2 parts, service fee and employee fee, I paid 4,000$ Service fee which goes to the server and 8,000$ which go to the employee. I believe this is wrong to the other government factions, because a Weazel News employee earned a full salary just in 20 minutes of placing blip with me, ( 15 of which were spent because we couldn't find a proper blip ).

The cost of the blip should be set by the server and less of it should go into the employee salary as its unrealistic for the little amount of work they do and they have no competition that they have to adjust their price too.

------------------------------------------------------------

2. I have noticed that the Weazel News has gone lazy recently in their newspaper production section, we haven't had a newspaper in a month now and the last few newspapers were written by same 2 or so people. Considering that News is literally in the name and that the faction hasn't been pushing out them recently ( apart from Dalton doing the coverage of the latest event ), maybe there should be an announcement from the leadership as to why they are not giving out the newspapers or in the worst case, the replacement of the leadership if they don't have time for it anymore, which, looking at the activity of PBAJ, both in her IG and forum/admin presence, that might be the case.

• Like 1

Vera Winchester (PBAJ) has already resigned from her position of Owner at Weazel News and the staff in charge of that area will be looking for a new owner soon, to answer your suggestion about her activity.

I haven't really been in-game or understand how blips work yet, but as of right now, Weazel can set their own rates as Nobody has cleared them to do so, but I for sure understand where you're coming from. I don't really have an opinion on if the pricing should be changed or not, but I personally believe that these issues could be solved ICly as well, I'd just voice your concerns to a high-ranking staff member of the faction and request a change. 

Blips suppose to be expensive, Although I work for Weazel myself and I do understand where are you guys coming from, the management team still need to discuss on a reasonable price for them. Regarding the 'Lazy' part, as Flucifial said already, Vera Winchester (previous owner) resigned from her position, we are currently trying to get things sorted, we understand your frustration, just please be patient as the management team are trying to get everything sorted.

Edited by Ohad

+1

I really noticed that since I left there wasnt a news paper for ages, then they dug up my article I submitted right before I left and putted someone else's name under it 😞I've never seen a message that Weazel is without owner, but tbf I don't think that is the only problem. Its jsut their employee activity in general too.
LSC paid 100K for some bleets everyday, that LSC is hiring people. Everyday!. At the end, there were gaps of even 3-4 days where no bleet was submitted. I wonder what will happen if bleets get removed from VIP, then we really need to have Weazel active.
Writing the articles was actually the part that took alot of time and that is what they should be paid for, not just placing a blip.... I think it needs improvement there, more focused on their more important part of their job: Making articles, video's, reports, etc.

Edited by Yputi
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, NobodyLTU said:

Sounds like ic issues to me

When a valuable necessity can only be offered by one or two people, creating an abusive Monopoly situation that ruins the gaming experience for hundreds of other players, and NO means to solve it IC , it becomes a community problem that needs to be addressed by higher ups.

If it was scenario like LSC and Bayview, I would take it as IC issue, where the Weazel would have a competition, but seeing how Weazel is a monopoly at this stage, I doubt this can be sorted ICly.

The only option would be Government but Government is pretty much non functional at the moment, they just exist on paper but don't have any valuable presence/impact IG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/27/2019 at 6:58 AM, gyrhnr said:

When a valuable necessity can only be offered by one or two people, creating an abusive Monopoly situation that ruins the gaming experience for hundreds of other players, and NO means to solve it IC , it becomes a community problem that needs to be addressed by higher ups.

But if you come onto the forum and ask someone to solve an IC issue OOCly, it becomes metagaming. It would be wildly out of character for Weazel News executives to wake up one morning and just collectively suddenly agree that they need to change their prices and the way they handle things.

If you want my two cents, here's some suggestions I would offer:

1) Send the people a private message stating your reasons for why you think the price should be lowered, but inform them in the private message that it is an IC letter. Kind of like how people will send letters to their congressmen when they have an issue they want to be addressed or fixed, you can send mail to Weazel News expressing your annoyance with the current system and what you would like to see changed. The more letters they receive, the more they'll realize people are unhappy with the system and they might start making some changes to it.

2) Create some competition for them. I don't know how people feel about this OOC and if it would even be allowed, so naturally I would make sure to consult staff about this before going ahead with it... but if your character decided to start charging people less than half of what Weazel News was charging to post a bleet for them, then Weazel News would be inclined to either make changes or try to shut you down... which is also a very real chance. You could face IC lawsuits for posting bleets (kind of like trademarking) or whatever.

Think of how Epic Games vs. Steam is a thing right now, where Epic Games is offering better prices and so game exclusives are going there instead of on Steam. The same could apply to bleets.

Again, #2 is a bit iffy to me because I don't know how folks would feel about allowing that to happen, so I would make sure to ask about it before going ahead with it. Just because something is possible in real life and would make sense... doesn't mean it should be allowed in Eclipse. Ex: just because we have a military in real life doesn't mean we need to have players driving around in tanks on Eclipse. So yeah... ask before doing it.

1. The payment no longer works this way. The fee that you pay (on top of the set amount) goes to the faction and not the player.
2. The newspapers not being worked on is an In-Character issue, however this has now changed and Weazel release new editions of their newspaper monthly. The newspapers can be bought in-game and also found here.

This suggestion is archived.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.