Sico

Better clothing for Mafia RP

I have seen that a lot of people have been creating faction threads for their Mafia related factions and therefore, once again, I would like to make a suggestion for clothing that would be perfect for such factions. I personally have been part of many factions on this server that roleplayed a mafia type lifestyle, and clothing has been a big problem. If this could be implemented, our rp would be so much greater, and  more immerse. These are just a few examples, if you have any other pictures feel free to add down below.

6Myl6zM.png wjQ5eUp.pngy37YLKY.png

Let me know what you guys think!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1

3 minutes ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

Nobody in organized crime, even Italian-American organized crime, dresses like this. If you want to roleplay a crime family from 70 years ago, that's fine but there's plenty of clothing to roleplay a modern crime family, people just opt for gang colors due to poor standards.

🤓

• YAY 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

Nobody in organized crime, even Italian-American organized crime, dresses like this. If you want to roleplay a crime family from 70 years ago, that's fine but there's plenty of clothing to roleplay a modern crime family, people just opt for gang colors due to poor standards.

I ran an organized crime group that did not have a color for six months and we had people say that we were inactive because we weren't seen around. The fact of the matter is that unless people see you around regularly, they will assume you do not play. The only thing we gained was lack of police attention, but that was not worth the drawbacks, therefore, we now use a color. It is not ideal, but end of the day, it is a game and compromises are made. But it's not just "poor RP standards". 

Edited by alexalex303
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

Invalid opinion

Edited by AeternaNex

51 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I ran an organized crime group that did not have a color for six months and we had people say that we were inactive because we weren't seen around. The fact of the matter is that unless people see you around regularly, they will assume you do not play. The only thing we gained was lack of police attention, but that was not worth the drawbacks, therefore, we now use a color. It is not ideal, but end of the day, it is a game and compromises are made. But it's not just "poor RP standards". 

I mean it's not a universally inappropriate clothing choice. There are plenty of real gangs that "run colors", but they are far from the type of gang that many gangs attempt to portray themselves as.

2 hours ago, ComradeCorbyn said:

who hurt bro 

• Like 1
  • PogU 1
  • hand 1

On 1/10/2024 at 9:00 PM, ComradeCorbyn said:

In nower irl modern day crime organizations possibly not no they dress normal and low profile. But if there was a gang brought into ecrp who portrayed themselves as close to real Italian gangsters from the 80's, 90's Im sure youll find they pretty much did dress like that. Also this is a game after all and just because mafias dont dress like this irl why cant factions on ecrp do this to achieve better looks, and capture the immersion. Even if nower day crime organizations dont, whats stopping new clothing items such as over coat / more jackets, more shirt options, new hats, pants shoes gun harnesses etc coming into ecrp that help gangs meet the image they are suppose to be holding by.

When me and sico created La Famiglia it wasnt about what "colour" we wore, we tried to capture the italian mafia look in what we thought looked best, people in our faction liked and enjoyed representing, what made us stood out and what backed up our lore. The only thing that made LF recognizable was the mask we wore because as @alexalex303 said if your not in colours in ecrp your not seen and can be classed as inactive or never around. I would very much like to see things like this brought into ecrp as some gangs / factions take pride in what they wear and how they portray themselves. More options to do this would be great.

Edited by xMysticZx
  • Like 3