Pistol Pete

/ncz can be misleading

The NCZ asset protection script, HUD indicator and /ncz command were great additions to the server. However, the HUD indicator and /ncz command can be misleading.

I got into a pickle today which resulted in a strike for committing a crime within a NCZ. In retrospect, the place I did the crime does fit the description in the rules for the specific NCZ I was in. However, the area I was in did not trigger the HUD indicator and when typing /ncz it would show the following -

b1509cc143e99726bbb25d77106d209a.png

@ChuckM has commented on this before as it's often raised in player reports and appeals -

The boundary of the NCZ shown in game is only for asset protection and is not the actual boundary

This gives me two thoughts. Why can't the entire NCZ zone be asset protected? Why can't the zones for the /ncz command and HUD indicator be extended even if the asset protection cannot?

An easy reply to this thread would be, "the rules clearly state the NCZ boundaries" which in theory works but in reality, it would seem more and more players are putting their trust into the HUD indicator and /ncz command. There's countless threads that demonstrate this. Here's a couple -

I'm very interested to learn what other players think!

• Like 1
  • PogU 1

SUGGESTION DENIED

Thank you for your patience while this suggestion was being reviewed/researched.

After reviewing/researching this suggestion, we have decided to deny it for the following reason(s): 

• The NCZ rule has been reworded since the creation of the suggestion.

This decision is final. Unless instructed to, do not post another suggestion pertaining to this topic. You will still be able to submit other suggestions on the forums.

Regards,
TheCactus