DontSniffSugar

Change The Water Refilling Skill Check

Hello all, I know this is a very niche and specific suggestion, and I'll be very straightforward with this.

Currently since the nerf/change of private labs, it introduced a skill check for refilling water bottles. Understandably, with the old system, you could fill up all of your empty bottles at once, and you was able to fill any amount at once instantly. While yes, I do agree that shouldn't be a thing because it's "overpowered" and you shouldn't be able to instantly fill up theoretically hundreds of bottles in the blink of an eye, I would like to suggest a small change to the current system of refilling bottles.

Whenever you refill water bottles, you are given a skill check that takes roughly 10 seconds to do.

wtQ6HXS.png

While to the regular player who may only keep one water bottle with them at one time, this isn't too big of a deal, some players like to stockpile empty water bottles to reuse them, where they are using them for drug labs, vending machines, or just general use. For just one water bottle, this isn't too big of a deal, but the time it takes to fill one bottle up starts to take a while whenever you need to fill up 10 or more bottles.

My suggestion as a compromise, would be either making the minigame faster, but not too fast to the point of it being a challenge, or having the minigame keep going and continuously fill up your empty bottles until you can't carry any more or until you run out of empty bottles.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

+1 to the concept of a change. To add on, I suggest removing the minigame and replacing it with a timer instead. Really the minigame was just added to nerf the speed at which you could fill the bottles. If you just add a timer, it does the same thing without the unrealistic hassle of filling the bottles. It doesn't take "skill" to fill up a bottle, so why have a minigame to test you doing it. Then just scale the time it takes with the number of bottles you have to a cap (maybe 5 bottles at once for example) so someone cannot fill up 200 bottles then just afk while they wait for the timer. 

• Upvote 2

just remove the mini game, doing that mini game for literly everything you do gets to my nerve a bit, its overdone, also take it away at the oildrilling, it was already boring enough, nowadays that minigame kinda hold me back from wanting to fill bottles or drill oil, its just not a pleasant experience it feels exhausting even. just timers are good enough,

the minigame is good though for lockpicking, that one in particular I like a lot, because it is something that I feel takes actual skill to do realistically speaking

+1! I'd like to see that instead of having 2 skill checks for each bottle. make it so it will automatically detect the number of empty bottles you have and make you do 1 skill check for each bottle, so if you carry 11 bottles. you will have 11 skill checks.

I'm not sure if they are able to make it fill a bottle for each check or that the entire minigame needs to finish for the action to take place, but I think this way would be smoother. and you could simply stop filling by missing the check or double tabbing space to miss on purpose.