Randul

San Andreas State Government

We all know about the new state government being put in place, but what would you like to see from it? Be it judicial or economy based.

We have a fantastic opportunity with this to mold it into something where we can all have our input. I have combed the suggestion thread going back 18 months to find server suggestions that are similar to the above. If you feel like your opinion can be summed up by a previous suggestion thread please link it so we can reference it. 

I can't promise that all of the suggestions will be put into place, or what time frame they will be incorporated, all I am offering is for you to have your say. I beg of you to be civil and polite to each other in this thread and hopefully, this can be really constructive. 

Reading Material: (Lots of the below threads are archived, but you can take ideas from them)

I'd like to see a public post containing information and listing all fees for the registration of businesses and licenses, it's something that I feel like should've been created before pushing City Hall and business registration as a whole. I don't think the registration being a thing now is a bad thing, I just think a public document with the fees is of importance so that us business owners know what to expect.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Denni said:

Hey! This is fantastic however it would be great to get more clarification on the current business registering/licensing. Pricing and other things people need to know. As this is a little unclear at the moment! Keep up the good work! 

Good idea, I'll draft something up today and with approval will be posted later today. 

12 hours ago, ItsPazz said:

I'd like to see a public post containing information and listing all fees for the registration of businesses and licenses, it's something that I feel like should've been created before pushing City Hall and business registration as a whole. I don't think the registration being a thing now is a bad thing, I just think a public document with the fees is of importance so that us business owners know what to expect.

Unfortunately due to the way that the registration and licensing fees will change over time until we find a nice balance. Making a post with figures on would just be outdated almost instantly. Even if this wasn't the case the commissioners have decided they don't wish the figures to be public knowledge at this time.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, Randyrandul said:

Good idea, I'll draft something up today and with approval will be posted later today. 

Unfortunately due to the way that the registration and licensing fees will change over time until we find a nice balance. Making a post with figures on would just be outdated almost instantly. Even if this wasn't the case the commissioners have decided they don't wish the figures to be public knowledge at this time.

Thank you for your answers. I know you stated that you would draft something up, I'm not sure if you were planning on including what happens to businesses that are not registered. From my understanding, they are not allowed to be operated unless they are officially registered with City Hall, but as operated is definitely not the same as owned, they would remain owned by the same person, and not taken away. Is this true? Or am I wrong? If so, what does happen to businesses that don't get registered? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ItsPazz said:

Thank you for your answers. I know you stated that you would draft something up, I'm not sure if you were planning on including what happens to businesses that are not registered. From my understanding, they are not allowed to be operated unless they are officially registered with City Hall, but as operated is definitely not the same as owned, they would remain owned by the same person, and not taken away. Is this true? Or am I wrong? If so, what does happen to businesses that don't get registered? 

I wasn't until now, thank you for the suggestion.

A branch of the government should be dedicated to hosting social events and assist people with a low income with assisted payment for medicine, psychologist, education etc.

Social Services department maybe?

A business investigation branch would also be very cool, could be added in under the Business License Bureau and the investigations could be added to the intern duties.

Edited by Vasquez

The first draft of the suggestion has been written up, it's currently with the commissioners to edit and post at their discretion. 

11 hours ago, Vasquez said:

A branch of the government should be dedicated to hosting social events and assist people with a low income with assisted payment for medicine, psychologist, education etc.

Social Services department maybe?

A business investigation branch would also be very cool, could be added in under the Business License Bureau and the investigations could be added to the intern duties.

The first part may be heavily tweaked to allow for a worthwhile job, but will certainly look into it. The second point will be added but the agreed rank it falls under maybe changed, to justify the level of responsibility given.

• Like 1

Just now, Scott Cleverley said:

Where does the money goes from licensing? they share all of it or what?!?

The money collected through licensing and registration is collected by the board of commissioners and then placed into the treasury, to be used later down the line. 

On 2/22/2019 at 10:25 PM, DeanThompson said:

Should add Aviation Administration to your list:

Honestly? I've already started making a document on this as I am currently attending an AT-CTI program in real life to become an Air Traffic Controller. I 100% support this idea as it brings Airplanes, and Helicopters to Eclipse RP. I understand their are obviously pros / cons with this as in any idea. People can misuse the system like in any scenario. So best we implement a system that we all can agree upon, that has one sole purpose. In crease the RP experience!

58 minutes ago, TheCHcuky said:

Honestly? I've already started making a document on this as I am currently attending an AT-CTI program in real life to become an Air Traffic Controller. I 100% support this idea as it brings Airplanes, and Helicopters to Eclipse RP. I understand their are obviously pros / cons with this as in any idea. People can misuse the system like in any scenario. So best we implement a system that we all can agree upon, that has one sole purpose. In crease the RP experience!

Keep working on it mate!

The obvious cons to aviation in our server is the "great escape" mentality whereby criminals would use aircraft to perform crazy getaways from cops. Not at all realistic and not at all what I would like to see in the server.

What I WOULD like to see in the server is respectable aviation.

Respectable aviation meaning players go through application, training and testing to get a pilots licence. Getting a pilots licence should be about as stringent as getting into a faction.

Pilots should be upstanding citizens and pass background checks to obtain a licence.