Marksy

Make it NON-RP for LEO's to buy property in Gang HQ's or heavy crime locations.

Now I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm going to bring it up using my own experiences, in the past as an example a member of SD bought a property in Stab City, which at the time was the HQ and primary base of operations for the Lost MC faction, it is of course once again however I digress, this forced a move into the motel which had presented it's own issues over a long spanning period of time, the move was forced with the increased presence of SD in stab as they then had a reason in their own mind to come into stab and sit around as he was sitting "at his house" now this problem was alleviated and is no longer a prominent issue. 

However in a situation I had myself ICly with some members of PD a month or so ago, who won't be named to avoid any kind of toxicity in their direction, but as I was being arrested they were talking amongst themselves, and one of the officers openly said "during the auctions I bought some properties on the Mandem block" (otherwise known as pink cage) and got into a conversation with their peer laughing jokingly openly stating "I did it because it's funny" which in my opinion is an awful stance on the situation and mindset. 

In short it makes no RP sense for any type of LEO to be buying property in a gang HQ or a high crime area, doing so out of spite is ruining roleplay experiences as a whole and unless it becomes addressed in the rules it's going to continue being a prominent problem stifling the roleplay of factions. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Marksy said:

Now I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm going to bring it up using my own experiences, in the past as an example a member of SD bought a property in Stab City, which at the time was the HQ and primary base of operations for the Lost MC faction, it is of course once again however I digress, this forced a move into the motel which had presented it's own issues over a long spanning period of time, the move was forced with the increased presence of SD in stab as they then had a reason in their own mind to come into stab and sit around as he was sitting "at his house" now this problem was alleviated and is no longer a prominent issue. 

However in a situation I had myself ICly with some members of PD a month or so ago, who won't be named to avoid any kind of toxicity in their direction, but as I was being arrested they were talking amongst themselves, and one of the officers openly said "during the auctions I bought some properties on the Mandem block" (otherwise known as pink cage) and got into a conversation with their peer laughing jokingly openly stating "I did it because it's funny" which in my opinion is an awful stance on the situation and mindset. 

In short it makes no RP sense for any type of LEO to be buying property in a gang HQ or a high crime area, doing so out of spite is ruining roleplay experiences as a whole and unless it becomes addressed in the rules it's going to continue being a prominent problem stifling the roleplay of factions. 

I buy it to make money, just like a dude can buy a property next to Mission Row and use it to make money or flip it while he's cooking drugs for a living. I bought a house in stab for 240 and sold it for 390. One in grove street circle for 650 and at some point I got a 2mil offer for it. Now cops are not allowed to flip houses? Crazy lmfao
They said "I did it because it's funny" to laugh at you. You fell for it, got played like a ball and you made an OOC post cause of it.

If they buy a house in a gang hq, out of spite or not, you harass them / rob them and force them to sell or to not show up on the block no more. If you can't do it due to public robbery rules, maybe it ain't a good HQ afterall?

Last but not least, Mandem was barely anything at all during the house auctions. If a bunch of randoms called Bingus Dingus Gang with 500k if they put all their money together say a certain place is their HQ, is your character with his millions going to back off and let the randoms he's never heard of do what they want? Personally, I am investing on the house I want or buy their block if there's money to be made and no OOC rules should tell me what house I am allowed to buy.

Edited by TheCactus
  • POG 1

46 minutes ago, TheCactus said:

If they buy a house in a gang hq, out of spite or not, you harass them / rob them and force them to sell or to not show up on the block no more. If you can't do it due to public robbery rules, maybe it ain't a good HQ afterall?

What are you talking about, They can't rob them because having a house at a gang HQ isn't a reason to rob someone, not because of public robbery rules.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Herbo said:

What are you talking about, They can't rob them because having a house at a gang HQ isn't a reason to rob someone, not because of public robbery rules.

Why not ? Its pretty good reason to rob a cop or his house which is located in  gang territory . Looks like we're trying  to play a whole different life here than IRL . 

The thing what happening IRL can't be played here because you see its against some rule .

But the idea about this would be cool , would be bring more RP 

Just so we're on the same page, your issue is about cops buying about the Mandem block that is opposite the Fleeca Bank right?
The same Mandem Block that is two roads away from the Vinewood Police Station?
The same Mandem Block that is situated on a pretty heavily travelled road?
The same Mandem Block that is a motel that comes with a swimming pool yeah?

This on the same server where you can drink water directly out of the ocean, criminal organisations all wear the same colour clothes and run around talking on radios about their criminal dealings, yeah?

The point I'm getting at here is that this person you encountered bought a motel room, at a motel, just down the road from a police station in a pretty decent area of town. It makes no roleplay sense for a career criminal to own vehicles that cost over $500,000 or for them to run around permanently masked up like it's New York during Canadian forest fire season.

But this isn't real life, this is just fantasy. Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. It's about what fits Eclipse.

As for not buying them in heavy crime locations? Why would I not buy a house in a shit neighbourhood. If it's dirt cheap, maybe I can flip it and make more money.

Edited by Bala
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • POG 1

7 hours ago, Herbo said:

You can with enough escalation just like you would do with a gang member that is on your block for no reason and does not leave. You don't just go to them "hands hands" "sell the house or die". You harass them first and build up the scenario until you use violence. Maybe if you thought about what you are writing before you did it..

Me personally, I enjoy the police forcing ruffians out of there hq's so property values don't get devalued due to all the crime and the youngins can play outside. I personally come from the gritty streets of spanish ave and would welcome more police officers present living in the community they police. #PDW #SDW

• polarcop 1

4 hours ago, David Bingley said:

Make sure you own the property before claiming it as a HQ then theres no worries. Specific to your example you guys own less than half the houses at pink cage yet claim the entire place. Wheres the RP sense in that.

Also pinkcage is Bingley block everyone knows that

I ain't associated with mandem, I made it an example as I heard 2 cops talking in the distance where one mentioned buying mandem block properties and the reasoning being "because they found it funny and it pissed off Mandem" I'm just giving broad examples. 

13 hours ago, TheCactus said:

I buy it to make money, just like a dude can buy a property next to Mission Row and use it to make money or flip it while he's cooking drugs for a living. I bought a house in stab for 240 and sold it for 390. One in grove street circle for 650 and at some point I got a 2mil offer for it. Now cops are not allowed to flip houses? Crazy lmfao
They said "I did it because it's funny" to laugh at you. You fell for it, got played like a ball and you made an OOC post cause of it.

With all due respect, this is the dumbest response thus far, "they said it to laugh at you" they said it at quite a distance, about a gang I have 0 affiliation to, I merely overheard it and to suggest it was said to laugh at me is in itself laughable! 

Nobody said anything about not being able to flip houses it's when they're being bought out of spite as a way to harass individuals, as we know that cops can't really just continuously circle/camp HQ's and stifle the RP of factions, without a good reason to be there, as someone who has Criminal and an LEO character I know this and buying a property there is an attempt to circumvent this.

11 hours ago, Bala said:

Just so we're on the same page, your issue is about cops buying about the Mandem block that is opposite the Fleeca Bank right?
The same Mandem Block that is two roads away from the Vinewood Police Station?
The same Mandem Block that is situated on a pretty heavily travelled road?
The same Mandem Block that is a motel that comes with a swimming pool yeah?

This on the same server where you can drink water directly out of the ocean, criminal organisations all wear the same colour clothes and run around talking on radios about their criminal dealings, yeah?

The point I'm getting at here is that this person you encountered bought a motel room, at a motel, just down the road from a police station in a pretty decent area of town. It makes no roleplay sense for a career criminal to own vehicles that cost over $500,000 or for them to run around permanently masked up like it's New York during Canadian forest fire season.

But this isn't real life, this is just fantasy. Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality. It's about what fits Eclipse.

As for not buying them in heavy crime locations? Why would I not buy a house in a shit neighbourhood. If it's dirt cheap, maybe I can flip it and make more money.

Once again you're taking my context as the entire problem, as stated it's merely an example, same reason with Stab City being an example, a millionaire cop ain't gunna live in a trailer park occupied by a motorcycle club both RPly and lorewise, it just doesn't make sense, there are several other examples that could be made but you're nitpicking a specific when I'm generalizing the problem as a whole. 

• Like 2

Brother, I'd love to know what it is around here that makes you think the average player on the server cares about lore or whether something makes that much sense.
You're generalising a problem that isn't really a problem. It's literally just people buying an asset that they'll likely barely use then eventually sell, like everyone else does with their houses.

You literally just summed up the pointlessness of what you are saying in your reply. "a millionaire cop ain't gunna live in a trailer park occupied by a motorcycle club." - How many cops do you think there are in real-life that are millionaires that are actively employed as law enforcement? So, applying the same logic that it's not realistic, it's not realistic for cops to be millionaires but they are on this server.

Nobody is going to tell me where I can and can't buy a house on this server. If it's for sale, it's fair game.

• dead 1

Back when ballas was a server faction (like lost) we used to harass @TheCactus and @alexalex303 any time they would come to there house. We made it hell for them at times and other times we let them pass. They knew what we wanted. There is more to rp than just robbing and shooting them. You just have to be creative. 

Yes it sucks that they own the house but there is only so many on the map that can be bought. So it just happens at times. Your gang might come after they bought the house or they don't know about you. It happens. But you figure out how you want to drive the story of your character and it affects the server.