Herbo

Crim Events - Discussion

Before you go about just saying + or -1 I would like you to hear me out.

Currently on ECRP there is really 1 main crim event that happens ( car boosting ), this event is limited to Factions that have established themselves in good standing with Cartel/LFB. These are events that happen every so often at random times and focus on the criminal side of the server. I have participated in around 3 or 4 of them and I for one can say they are extremely fun.

Now my suggestion is trying to have "criminal leaders" within the community attempt to work with Event Team/LFB/Staff and attempt to come up with more events similar to this one to try to focus some event attention to the criminal side of the server.

Currently, "event" wise the server is quite limited like I said before. It would be cool to try and get some more events that a majority of criminals on the server can interact with, we've seen staff try to do this before with the Money Truck & Plane Crash which both turned into absolute DM Fests, which is why I think if we have some of the people who are considered "leaders' of the criminal side work with Staff to try and plan events that utilize criminal activities that won't just turn into a DM Fest.

Now full transperancy, I am not very creative and can't think of many suggestions for this, so that's why I'd like other people of the community add comments to this in regards to potential events that could be held. Some ideas I thought of that could be interesting.

1. Cartel/LFB reach out to the different gangs on the server with a task, for example "Bring us $250,000 worth of Packed Cash for a reward". This would be an event that would focus on the criminal side and maybe push people to doing the different types of robberies to get that packed cash, Stores, ATMs, and Banks. 
  2. 1.5x or Double Money on drugs for 24 hours or for a weekend, Now this is a little more iffy one but it would focus on the criminal aspect of the server being labs. Essentially LFB would once again reach out and contact all gangs or an event ping could be posted in the ECRP discord that ICly LFB is in need of drugs and they are paying 1.5x or 2x the amount they normally would to get them, meaning when you go to sell to dealers you're selling for more. This I understand would be more difficult to do as you have to look at the aspect of the economy but it's just an idea.
  3. General LFB Events given to gangs, This is something that is already being done but it'd be cool to get more. If you're confused about what this means it'd be similar to the D6 Kidnapping of Matthew Burns, Rooks kidnapping of Dmitri, and more that have been given out but I either haven't heard about or seen. These are extremely fun events and I've gotten the opportunity to be part of a few in which I've had a blast, these also have the ability to INCLUDE LEOs in the events to give them RP to.

Overall, the 3 suggestions above are just suggestions and I would love to hear other Criminals, LEOs, and Staff Members give their opinions on potential events that can focus on the criminal side of the server and the different criminal mechanics as it seems there's rarely any events that are held to focus on these mechanics.

ADDITIONALLY PLEASE AVOID JUST DOING +/- 1, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS BE AN ACTUAL DISCUSSION WHERE THINGS ARE BEING DISCUSSED AND PEOPLE ARE GIVING THEIR OPINIONS

Edited by Herbo

3 hours ago, Herbo said:

Now my suggestion is trying to have "criminal leaders" within the community attempt to work with Event Team/LFB/Staff and attempt to come up with more events similar to this one to try to focus some event attention to the criminal side of the server.

Faction leaders can definitely make suggestions or requests to Faction Services and I'm sure @Bakmeel would hear factions out. The communication line is set up between faction leadership and faction services to discuss things like this for sure.
Would be good to have some crim focused events, it's just very hard given the track record of basically every one attempted so far.

I don't really have much to add, but I like this suggestion. More events would definitely be cool. Especially the concept of The Cartel being in need of something very specific, such as drugs or money, and paying extra for it. I'm interested to see where this discussion goes, but it seems like a pretty decent suggestion.

I think more server events for crims would be good. For example the plane crash's that used to happen but I think this got stopped after it turned into a forum war. 

I don’t think the 1.5x drugs would work out well since everyone would stock pile until the multiplier gets activated.

• Like 1