ShawnsBeard

Finishing a House Robbery

Currently, based off my own experience, the experience of other members of my faction, and multiple bug reports I believe that when there are 0 players left inside of a house robbery, it is deemed 'finished' - preventing any further robbery and generating a call to the police. I think this should be adjusted because 1. it doesn't really make much sense, and 2. it should allow for the entire house to be robbed by individual players - as with current weight volumes of the items stolen a solo crim NEEDS to make multiple trips in and out of the house they are robbing in order to fully rob it.

My suggestion is to remove this mechanic, and instead add a WI option on the interior house door to 'Finish Robbery'.  This option would make the player exit the house, and then mark it as 'finished' - thus making any leftover items unrobbable and generating a call to the police.  This would allow for players to make multiple trips in and out of the house when they are solo in order to finish the robbery.

11 hours ago, ShawnsBeard said:

not without triggering a police call - which is the issue

I have robbed several houses and left midway through to drop stuff in my car and police were never called and I could continue as normal. 

Regarding the comment above about finishing the instance and allowing you to get a new contract, this might have been an intended design feature to ensure people can only have about 2 robberies per "night". Maybe I am wrong here, but it would make some sense if they limited the number of robberies you would have time to do for balance reasons. 

Edited by Bill Breacher
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

I have robbed several houses and left midway through to drop stuff in my car and police were never called and I could continue as normal. 

Regarding the comment above about finishing the instance and allowing you to get a new contract, this might have been an intended design feature to ensure people can only have about 2 robberies per "night". Maybe I am wrong here, but it would make some sense if they limited the number of robberies you would have time to do for balance reasons. 

Maybe it is set to go off after a certain time frame of 0 people being in the house then, but still I dont think it should work like that for code 0 reasons.  Also, there definitely isn't any sort of balance reason for the contract limitation, as the money generation is definitely on the low side.

48 minutes ago, ShawnsBeard said:

Maybe it is set to go off after a certain time frame of 0 people being in the house then, but still I dont think it should work like that for code 0 reasons.  Also, there definitely isn't any sort of balance reason for the contract limitation, as the money generation is definitely on the low side.

You have a point, if you look at my last bug report i made. i legit left the house for 1 min and came back with the alarm triggered. If it is intentional then this should definitely be changed.