blade

More enforced rules on SWAT

1 hour ago, blade said:

In the clip here - 

We can see that 3 people struggle to kill one (1) SWAT officer. How is this remotely balanced, especially when I always see them patrolling (without a reason to be deployed)

They've got the same armor and weapons as most cops so swat or not, same thing would've happened with someone with a carbine. If you play on the server you may also know that with the weapons update armor piercing bullets will be added. I don't know when that will be but will certainly happen before anyone takes your "Rules Suggestion" into consideration.

HEY!

So I’ll just touch on a few things for the individual that made this thread and other commenting on it. I am a member of SED which is SDs SWAT basically.

1. 7-9/10 you are going to and should lose to SED and SWAT.

The point of these divisions in these departments is that the individuals in them are highly trained, have the best weaponry, and have the best armor. The whole point is they’re meant to give an advantage. You are supposed to lose against these groups and that’s what happens a majority of the time. As seen in this clip SED and SWAT do lose a decent amount but overall they win more because they should. They’re highly trained and have better weaponry to win and stop/neutralize situations.

2. SED and SWAT Armor

I can’t speak for METRO here but SED has 150 AP and 200 AP. The 200 AP is RARELY worn and must be completely RP’d putting on. (If you see someone not RPing it report it). We will normally always wear 150 AP unless we have the time to RPly pull out our bag, unstrap our normal kevlar, put the new kevlar on. As seen in the video as well, our kevlar does not make us invincible. We do have people that die a lot from gunfights because we are not invincible as some people may think.

Overall, well some people make the argument “It’s a game it shouldn’t be realistic” it’s also a roleplay server. The whole point of SWAT and SED is for a tactical advantage in situations, you just aren’t supposed to be winning against these people. I will add 2 things for the end as well. 

1. I have both a crim and an LEO character who is in SED so I can fully understand both sides. On my crim I have personally never dealt with SWAT or SED because in simple terms I don’t play like a dumbass on him. The main people I always see complaining are ones that play like idiots starting shit with cops all the time. P.S. If you didn’t know YES cops remember past experiences with you and that results in how they treat you.

2. Internally I know there’s a lot of people that want change with SED and METRO. There’s people inside these groups that want change to happen and are trying to make changes happen to make them “less op” in people’s eyes.

Thats all I gotta say hope this can clarify some peoples ideas of these groups. If anyone has any questions about it I’d love to answer them.

Hello. I am one of the leaders of the LSPD SWAT team, so I think I can give some good insight here. First thing I will mention is you are mistaken about what "deployed" is. In the clip above, this is a SWAT officer that is actually NOT deployed. He is in standard patrol uniform. The only difference between a SWAT officer on normal patrol and a normal officer is we wear slightly heavier kevlar (150AP instead of 100AP) due to our priority being responding to violent or high threat situations when 911 calls come in. We also carry a carbine rifle on standard patrol where most officers don't, but there are other officers that CAN carry a carbine, this isn't only SWAT. I don't think you can make the argument that SWAT itself is the problem since I have seen other suggestions from others saying that they struggle to take down a normal patrol officer, not just a SWAT officer. 

As suggested above, I recommend waiting for the weapon update, which the devs said should be coming out this month before suggesting any changes to weapons/armor or their use. I will also add that Herbo's comments above are echoed on my side. SWAT training multiple times a week for several hours in all of our tactics, strategies and weapons handling and the application and recruitment process for the division is a month long rigorous process. These officers are the most specialized and highly trained officers in the department and if you choose to take them on, you are asking for trouble and shouldn't expect to win often. I am not sure if there are realistically any situations where a criminal would ever take on a SWAT team/SWAT members and actually win in real life. 

Also, your suggestion mentions more enforced rules on when SWAT can be deployed. From what I can tell, that is actually a suggestion to be raised ICly, not OOC here on the forums. The policies on what an officer carries and what they do in field are all IC policies with the LSPD. 

Edited by Bill Breacher