money

Cops should follow Penal Code Laws in sentencing.

Right now cops are judge, jury and executioner.

They will give you 120 minutes for anything even though most times in Penal Code the actual sentence you should get comes nowhere close.

I propose that Cops should be forced to follow the penal code because in real life, cops dont make the laws, or give out sentencing.

They just enforce them.

I think it would help Lawyer RP if you actually had laws you need to follow.

Say No To lawless cops, +1 this.

Edited by money

7 hours ago, money said:

Right now cops are judge, jury and executioner.

They will give you 120 minutes for anything even though most times in Penal Code the actual sentence you should get comes nowhere close.

I propose that Cops should be forced to follow the penal code because in real life, cops dont make the laws, or give out sentencing.

They just enforce them.

I think it would help Lawyer RP if you actually had laws you need to follow.

Say No To lawless cops, +1 this.

As it currently stands, it's automatic. We'll apply the appropriate charges to your character and simply run the /jail or /prison command and it sentences you to the time specified within the in-game penal code. The time cannot be modified unless we pick and chose which charges to apply. I personally will lessen the charge, for example Robbery down from Armed Robbery if the roleplay was exceptional or if the player is very new to the server (evident by the amount of experience points).

The only other way is to have an admin release the player from prison/jail and then have an admin command run to prison them for a lesser amount of time for In Character purposes. The way you're describing is how it used to be. We'd have to manually calculate the time based on the charges. This was not only abused some of the time, but was for the most part confusing and incorrectly calculated.