KonaKealoha

Increase Exterior Item Slots from 30 to 40 (possibly higher)

I know 30 sounds generous enough, but if you're an intricate builder and put in effort to make things look nice, you know that this isn't enough.

Attached is a picture of my patio that isn't that impressive but alone has taken all 30 slots.

The fire pit alone takes up 3 item slots (the stone pit and 2 garbage fires)

Basically here's my plea to improve curb appeal, please consider giving us some more slots. 

BeFunky-collage (6).jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Just thought of an argument in favor of this... People that own two houses or apartments directly next to each other are getting the short end of the stick, big time as that means that they can only have 30 slots even though they have 2 properties since any overlap building area does not know to increase the outdoor slots... Don't want this thread to die without the powers that be giving it a fair thought. 

1 hour ago, Astrx said:

I would love to see this, simply to be able to let people's creativity flow to their exteriors, but the main issue that can come of this is asset lag. 

+ 1 from me though.

Didn't think about it from that perspective so I can understand the hesitation... I guess just give me increased slots then, feels like a fair compromise. LOL 

• PogU 1
  • dead 1

Yah, the server lag from certain areas of the map that say have more people purchased property would be INSANE, like im just driving through the city and hit vinewood hills and i get 10fps, server would turn into like "yo bro avoid X street I get MASSIVE headaches"

I would say MAYBE if we wanted to do this the outside portion of it would be in the other dimension to avoid main dim lag, as you are given infinite things to place when you inside a property as its in another dimension

Edited by XeV
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 2:29 AM, XeV said:

Yah, the server lag from certain areas of the map that say have more people purchased property would be INSANE, like im just driving through the city and hit vinewood hills and i get 10fps, server would turn into like "yo bro avoid X street I get MASSIVE headaches"

I would say MAYBE if we wanted to do this the outside portion of it would be in the other dimension to avoid main dim lag, as you are given infinite things to place when you inside a property as its in another dimension

10 objects wouldn't make such a big performance difference

Edited by Thomas Nechro

On 11/7/2022 at 12:46 AM, QuirkyMayhem said:

+1/-1

Yes i love the idea!! There's been so many times when i've ran out of space and haven't got the achieved look.
BUT the thing i would worry about is the amount of lag that would come with more objects being rendered in.

We are not on FiveM to have lag issues. You can see the Private Islands how smooth they run with hundreds of furnitures, creating 0 lag. The render system of objects it's made so it doesn't lag the server + 10 objects wouldn't be a big hit even if the system wasn't optimized 

5 hours ago, Thomas Nechro said:

We are not on FiveM to have lag issues. You can see the Private Islands how smooth they run with hundreds of furnitures, creating 0 lag. The render system of objects it's made so it doesn't lag the server + 10 objects wouldn't be a big hit even if the system wasn't optimized 

10 objects alone might not create lag, but if everyone in a concentrated area all added an extra 10 objects, it could add up quickly creating lag. Also, there ARE lag issues in this server in some areas for certain people, especially around the MLOs.

6 hours ago, Thomas Nechro said:

"You can see the Private Islands how smooth they run with hundreds of furnitures, creating 0 lag"

I beg to differ, MD for a good few months had to tell their air team not to fly over a certain location due to the extreme issues caused by an island and now that they're bringing in helicopters for civilians imagine flying over the city with custom MLOs and then if they implemented additional items for those who want to decorate exteriors. 

As i said i'm not against this idea i'm more for than against but just thinking of performance issues especially for those who can barely drive in certain areas as it is.

5 hours ago, QuirkyMayhem said:

I beg to differ, MD for a good few months had to tell their air team not to fly over a certain location due to the extreme issues caused by an island and now that they're bringing in helicopters for civilians imagine flying over the city with custom MLOs and then if they implemented additional items for those who want to decorate exteriors. 

As i said i'm not against this idea i'm more for than against but just thinking of performance issues especially for those who can barely drive in certain areas as it is.

MLOs are the issues, not a house with 40 plants around it.

5 hours ago, Bill Breacher said:

10 objects alone might not create lag, but if everyone in a concentrated area all added an extra 10 objects, it could add up quickly creating lag. Also, there ARE lag issues in this server in some areas for certain people, especially around the MLOs.

Making 40 for houses only would solve that issue. Rendering them when you are extremely closer would fix the problem with flying over too. Also with the new Halloween update no one complains about having lag near MD, near pumpkins, etc. So no, lag is not an issue. If someone has Low END PC, flying over a house with 10 objects will make him lag anyways.

5 hours ago, QuirkyMayhem said:

As a civilian you should fly at 2000ft above ground. Custom MLOs start to render at about 50 meters, so you would not have issues when it comes to flying just like you don't have them right now. Same for furniture. If you fly, they don't render after about 500ft. Maybe MD is flying too low? 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheCactus

On 11/6/2022 at 9:55 PM, KonaKealoha said:

Just thought of an argument in favor of this... People that own two houses or apartments directly next to each other are getting the short end of the stick, big time as that means that they can only have 30 slots even though they have 2 properties since any overlap building area does not know to increase the outdoor slots... Don't want this thread to die without the powers that be giving it a fair thought. 

Give property #1 to a friend and build on property #2. Once you are done give property #2 to a friend and build on property #1. Problem solved.

On 11/9/2022 at 7:23 PM, TheCactus said:

As a civilian you should fly at 2000ft above ground. Custom MLOs start to render at about 50 meters, so you would not have issues when it comes to flying just like you don't have them right now. Same for furniture. If you fly, they don't render after about 500ft. Maybe MD is flying too low? 🤷‍♂️

To be fair, they need to fly low to pick up injured.

Great idea, but it will most likely sink into suggestion pile just like other 99% of suggestions. 

To add my two cents, system could be made more robust, for example, once you reach 30 slots, you can have more if you can pay. For example, 31st slot (not furniture, only the slot itself) costs you let's say 250$, 32st slot 300$,.... 69th slot costs x amount of money. That way if player is really into building, he will have to weight if it is necessary. Such approach auto balances building - only determined players will build, and those who puts up shit for fun and giggles (probably) won't build beyond 30 slots point. Price would need to be adjusted of course. 

2 hours ago, Antonio_Colombo said:

Great idea, but it will most likely sink into suggestion pile just like other 99% of suggestions. 

To add my two cents, system could be made more robust, for example, once you reach 30 slots, you can have more if you can pay. For example, 31st slot (not furniture, only the slot itself) costs you let's say 250$, 32st slot 300$,.... 69th slot costs x amount of money. That way if player is really into building, he will have to weight if it is necessary. Such approach auto balances building - only determined players will build, and those who puts up shit for fun and giggles (probably) won't build beyond 30 slots point. Price would need to be adjusted of course. 

Dare I say that 10-20 additional slots is a perk worth paying for in the credit store to make it a perm benefit like increasing the number of cars or houses you can have... 

• Upvote 3

We obviously want to encourage people to be creative where it makes sense for them to do so like you have with your fire pit but at the same time, I think we also have to be considerate of what people are building. I put those pink trees into the furniture store and I hate that those trees don't load in straight away. But my concern would be that once you start adding more, would it impact performance?

Mod wise, we have a few scraps of ideas to bring to the server in terms of properties and furniture like empty shell interiors and such. This is perhaps something that could be looked into. Personally, I'm a fan also of being able to upgrade with in-game money as well. Like, in the house menu, being able to buy "planning permission" which would give you say 15-20 extra exterior slots OR you could go to the credits route. It then makes your property a little more appealing to a seller because you can customise more.

• Upvote 4