hrxvey

Bulletproof Cars

I personally think that bulletproof/resistant cars should have drivebying disabled as with ragemps sync the windows don't smash when they're shot out of

in this pov you can see me shooting the car, and him taking no damage but im able to be shot out of it 😞 😞 please fix not pog!

• Like 9
  • YAY 1
  • Upvote 1
  • chill 1

1 hour ago, sickyy said:

the mod section where you can apply plates on the car should be disabled on all cars

doesn't make a difference as far as im aware, the windows are always bullet resistant. Cars like this should only be allowed for VIP's on the server (not the pay to win vip) e.g. commissioners etc

Edited by hrxvey
  • Like 1

when these vehicles were first added we did some IC testing on a mountain. shit was like 11+ .50 shots to completely break the window and do damage to the person inside. Now add someone driveing around and shooting back at you hitting those solid 11 shots on the same window to break it to then be able to do damage to the person inside IS insane. Never understood why this was never addressed as importing a buffalo or patriot is essentially P2W as you get bullet resistant windows.

I have to agree, especially when it comes to op vehicles like the STX. It makes sense that a commissioner or a judge may need bullet resistant windows on their slow ass Baller, however, all these bullet resistant windows turn shootouts into who has the best tank.
GTA V cars are already "bulletproof" (in real life bullets go through cars like tin cans unless you hit the engine block) so bullet resistant windows are the cherry on the cake no one asked for.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has been suggested in the past but what might be interesting to see is them remove those weird mods from regular mechanic shops and have a "secret body shop" somewhere that you have to find where they offer a range of "illegal" mods. Like bulletproofing a civilian car and hooking your car up with Nitrous Oxide that will give you a speed boost. Maybe other options that aren't coming to my mind right now. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KonaKealoha said:

I don't know if this has been suggested in the past but what might be interesting to see is them remove those weird mods from regular mechanic shops and have a "secret body shop" somewhere that you have to find where they offer a range of "illegal" mods. Like bulletproofing a civilian car and hooking your car up with Nitrous Oxide that will give you a speed boost. Maybe other options that aren't coming to my mind right now. 

As I said before, Buffalo STX is made by Rockstar Games bullet resistant without any mod or upgrade. It's stock acting like that. You can't get rid of it unless you get rid of the whole car basically. I don't think any modder made a replacement mod of it being non bullet resistant. And I don't see them bother making one, the car is very old and until now no one has ever had any problem or issues with it. The car works how it should, if the Eclipse Staff Team really considers Buffalo STX and MilSpec being a problem they would probably limit them, by putting them at very high price, only credits or removing it from current dealerships and stop selling them at all. Highly unlikely in my opinion, nothing is OP since it's at everyone's finger. The car costs 420k or 7.000 credits. 
  IF we talk about things being too OP, remember you get 50% more gas if you have VIP+ many more benefits which influence your IC character and your RP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thomas Nechro said:

As I said before, Buffalo STX is made by Rockstar Games bullet resistant without any mod or upgrade. It's stock acting like that. You can't get rid of it unless you get rid of the whole car basically. I don't think any modder made a replacement mod of it being non bullet resistant. And I don't see them bother making one, the car is very old and until now no one has ever had any problem or issues with it. The car works how it should, if the Eclipse Staff Team really considers Buffalo STX and MilSpec being a problem they would probably limit them, by putting them at very high price, only credits or removing it from current dealerships and stop selling them at all. Highly unlikely in my opinion, nothing is OP since it's at everyone's finger. The car costs 420k or 7.000 credits. 
  IF we talk about things being too OP, remember you get 50% more gas if you have VIP+ many more benefits which influence your IC character and your RP. 

There's cooler things they can do in the credit shop... I REALLY want them to make a credit add-on where you can get more exterior item slots. 

• Like 1

A player has the option to react if they are in a powered vehicle, if they already have a weapon drawn facing their attacker, or if their attacker's view is obstructed by an object. 

Quote from Fear RP. Also if you crash with the Buffalo STX or someone rams you, the windows get broken ( No more armored windows ) So afterall it's not the most OP car when you can easily counter it.

• NAY 1

We have to remember that when Rockstar add some of these vehicles, it's not with roleplay servers in mind, it's with GTA Online which is a very different experience. The STX for example being bullet resistant (not bulletprop) is fine in GTA Online because of the context of what else happens in that game mode. In a roleplay server however, it's not really useful.

The resistance of the glass is defined in the vehicles.meta as a flag. Flags are like characteristics which you can apply to a vehicle to have it behave in a certain way.

The STX has FLAG_HAS_BULLET_RESISTANT_GLASS and will eventually break when it is continuously damaged.
FLAG_HAS_BULLETPROOF_GLASS is a different flag and that behaves like the glass on buildings. You will get the impact on the glass (bullet holes and such) but it won't break.

I think ideally unless a vehicle has a script reason for being reinforced like the Police TARV for example, there's not really any need for the glass to anything other than natural vehicle glass.

• Like 1