Adrian Johnson

Shop that creates car/house copy keys

Hello Community,

I am not sure if this has been brought up, i could atleast not find it. However i would suggest a shop that is made for a simple reason and that would be to buy copy's of the keys that for example belongs to your car/house. I have seen the post about duplication of car/house keys but what sense would that make if you can just write: "/givekey (ID)" i dont think that would suit a RP server.

So what i was thinking about is a building/shop somewhere in the city where you press Y and it would pull up a menu that shows you the ingame assets you own + a function to buy one or multiple keys for your car/house which would cost you a fee and it would be crafted with a progression bar. Let's think about it, if you want copy of your house keys you go to a shop IRL and they will give you a bill + they will tell you how long it takes (Fee + Progression bar).

Let me know what you beautiful human beings think.

Regards, 

Adrian

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 5:15 AM, Denni said:

+1. If someone with the key gets robbed; free car! 

I wouldn't say free car, I like the idea of having an inventory car key specific to your car, if you don't have it you can't start/drive or unlock the car. If you loose that key however, you'd have to take your ownership paperwork to the autoshop to have a new key cut or have the vehicle rekeyed. This would make car interaction more immersive. If you want to steal a car without keys, you'd need a bobbypin to pick the lock and a hotwire kit (usable on one vehicle, like a charger, until rekeyed)

@Adrian Johnson I don't mean to derail, only expand upon your idea... thoughts?

Okay, here I go.

• Requires the key in your inventory to unlock and start/drive. Key is coded to that car. This would allow two stage protection from theft, but would still allow a player to enter an unlocked vehicle without the risk of it being stolen unless below is followed.
  • Car can be stolen by...
    • Stealing the key from the owner.
    • A pin and hotwire kit, alarm would go off during pinning or application of hotwire kit at random chance, you can use more hotwire attempts to try to stop the alarm.
    • Hotwire kits are black market items which can be purchased from a random black market store that spawns in various locations or from a chopshop. (The black market store could have a lot more ideas attached to it)
  • Cars keys can be recovered by.
    • Recovering the key, that can be turned in at the impound or PD.
    • Having the car towed and rekeyed at a mechanic shop. (Mechanics would need a plate registration lookup tool, or call PD to verify ownership of the vehicle before rekeying.)
  • Car keying are like a code/permission applied to a vehicle during the rekey and only two keys may be coded at one time.

This may be more complicated than necessary though, it does bring some good RP potential, provides a money sink and includes additional parties.

Edited by Xoza
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, Xoza said:

I wouldn't say free car, I like the idea of having an inventory car key specific to your car, if you don't have it you can't start/drive or unlock the car. If you loose that key however, you'd have to take your ownership paperwork to the autoshop to have a new key cut or have the vehicle rekeyed. This would make car interaction more immersive. If you want to steal a car without keys, you'd need a bobbypin to pick the lock and a hotwire kit (usable on one vehicle, like a charger, until rekeyed)

@Adrian Johnson I don't mean to derail, only expand upon your idea... thoughts?

Okay, here I go.

• Requires the key in your inventory to unlock and start/drive. Key is coded to that car. This would allow two stage protection from theft, but would still allow a player to enter an unlocked vehicle without the risk of it being stolen unless below is followed.
  • Car can be stolen by...
    • Stealing the key from the owner.
    • A pin and hotwire kit, alarm would go off during pinning or application of hotwire kit at random chance, you can use more hotwire attempts to try to stop the alarm.
    • Hotwire kits are black market items which can be purchased from a random black market store that spawns in various locations or from a chopshop. (The black market store could have a lot more ideas attached to it)
  • Cars keys can be recovered by.
    • Recovering the key, that can be turned in at the impound or PD.
    • Having the car towed and rekeyed at a mechanic shop. (Mechanics would need a plate registration lookup tool, or call PD to verify ownership of the vehicle before rekeying.)
  • Car keying are like a code/permission applied to a vehicle during the rekey and only two keys may be coded at one time.

This may be more complicated than necessary though, it does bring some good RP potential, provides a money sink and includes additional parties.

I'd like to see this and op suggestion implemented along with the current KEYS suggestion in relation to PD/SD. Keys should be globally required to start vehicles. If combined with hotwiring a command could be created (inventory menu seems a little full now), /keyring (personal command to check keyring, displays keys 0 through number of keys you have, would display differently than /vehiclestats as this will include other peoples vehicles), /checkkeys ID, requires approval or able to do once /friskapprove is given, would inspect the keys on the ID's keyring, #0 through number of keys. /takekey ID X X (/takekey 420 2, would take the third key on their chain as a temporary key).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.