hrxvey

NVE With Bushes

There is a visual mod called NVE (im sure many are aware of it) that has a setting that makes bushes both very easy to see through, and much smaller than it does for people without NVE bushes, for example in this clip https://streamable.com/6m59df you can see that the guy is easily able to see into the bush due to having the NVE bushes enabled, NVE as a whole is a very good graphics mod, however it is able to be used without the bushes. I personally use it myself just without the bushes as I feel it gives an unfair advantage to players without it. (this is the view without the NVE bushes https://imgur.com/iacwWFThttps://imgur.com/MSVHzdz)

• YAY 1
  • Upvote 2

The rules literally say modifying your game for an advantage like this is against the rules. If it does something the normal GTA settings can't do that is. For example removing all shadows, making the game fullbright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hrxvey said:

I feel that the ruling should be more specific as I was under the impression that NVE was allowed fully

Nve to make the game look good is allowed. Nve to go clapper mode is not allowed.

The rules are very clear on this and even give examples I don't know how you would be under that impression at all.

"removing graphical aspects of the game which you otherwise can't remove through the game settings, which allows you to e.g. see players better. You can't for example remove vegetation/other objects outside of what the in-game settings allow, or remove shadows completely. In other terms, we do not allow PVP graphic settings, it is an RP server. GTA 5 has a vast selection of graphic settings for players to optimize their game to ensure a smooth gameplay experience. Visual Enhancement Mods such as QuantV and NVE are not disallowed if you want to increase your graphics beyond what the game allows, as this does not provide any unfair advantages. "

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ash said:

Nve to make the game look good is allowed. Nve to go clapper mode is not allowed.

The rules are very clear on this and even give examples I don't know how you would be under that impression at all.

"removing graphical aspects of the game which you otherwise can't remove through the game settings, which allows you to e.g. see players better. You can't for example remove vegetation/other objects outside of what the in-game settings allow, or remove shadows completely. In other terms, we do not allow PVP graphic settings, it is an RP server. GTA 5 has a vast selection of graphic settings for players to optimize their game to ensure a smooth gameplay experience. Visual Enhancement Mods such as QuantV and NVE are not disallowed if you want to increase your graphics beyond what the game allows, as this does not provide any unfair advantages. "

What about having a constant crosshair as ive seen them in a few pov's lately, I'm almost certain admins came out and said its not allowed in a post a while back.

Edited by apologisemeow