Yputi

Bayview fence issue + suggestion

Dear ECRP staff,

I’ve been on the server a lot and spend a ton of hours at Bayview. With the gates added, Bayview got a beefy upgrade and it is great to have those gates. Also, the extra walls around the existing fences are great to have, so people can’t steal cars easily.

Though, there still is an issue. There are walls added to prevent people from ramming the fences over and drive cars out. This is don’t at the north, south and west part of Bayview.

I mapped this out:

85b0a6b7d2c91514e5eefad817b86b8e_LI.jpg.8c1d998fff22904f86763434f4d8d6f4.jpg

As you can see, where the gold line is drawn there isn’t any extra fences.

Here is what that part looks like in-game:

1280274754_fencenow.jpg.5826ecda21582f7a7b5ea61fa75cdc7f.jpg

You would say it’s not needed as there is a small concrete ledge to keep cars in/out. Sadly, that isn’t the case.

For a long time, there was no issue, until more and more people found out this could be done:

563e845178590b4a3fef36a234e32a96.thumb.jpg.08d470eaa9fb9107f7aa80b3953676e9.jpg

cf9ba6a8343752275ff71554dfe5f427.thumb.jpg.902399515de2ccecaf8fb0331d7af917.jpg

So, this is what we have seen people doing:
People climb over the fence and lockpick cars. After that they use a bigger car they have themselves or they got from lockpicking (as some people own a Sandking) to ram against the ledge. Sometime the vehicle they use to ram against this ledge is already high enough to ram the fences themselves, otherwise the vehicle bumps up and will touch the fence. People do this repeatedly till they have created the ramp. If they didn’t succeed doing this, they go into the office to reload the map.
People mostly do this at times not many people are online. I do have the feeling people use the F4 list to check if there are any mechanics around, but I am not sure. A PD officer told me they do, but as I have no proof or whatever I can’t say this happens.

This is bad RP as it makes no sense a fence would be able to create a ramp for a car that got quite some weight. Also, people damaging their cars by this process and reloading the map is not a good example of how RP should be.

Bayview really stands for their good RP and wants to keep it that way. This is also a waste of time. Let me tell why:
When this happens we mostly get the message we must make a report on the forum. The sad part is that this only happens when people arrive at Bayview when they are about to open the shop, as these people know they shouldn’t do this. Not everyone has their record program on directly when they join, so we barely have stuff to make reports of. And I am also sure it will be a waste of time for the people on the forum to review the reports IF we would make them, as there will be a ton of them.

Now the issue is explained, we have found a solution that is hopefully possible.

The solution for the other destroyable fences were some walls like these:
1730567215_Fenceswithwalls.thumb.jpg.5175329934c61f3679c6d4cfe5537816.jpg

But this won’t really fit at those fences as it would look odd and not “natural”.

When you look at the fences you will see a small space in front of the fences:

558634540_fencenow_LI.jpg.7adc825f777ad682b708fd88ee74d3c9.jpg

This amount of space is not big enough for those walls added earlier at the other fences, but I hopped into GTA editor and played around a little.

I found those double fences who have a small footprint and cannot be destroyed. I was able to place them perfectly on the ledge, so that is what I did here:

58390141_BVfence.thumb.jpg.bb9d11d730eac7717f35f4cfa2bd1f02.jpg

This fence is called the Double fence. You got multiple types of these. The ones who got a pole on both sides, the one with a pole on one side and both types also on single fence format. I kind of placed them a bit shitty, so use this picture only as an idea for now please.

Here is 1 fence:

838249626_fencesingle.png.e504a0a981dd2f4f4c1a721727526606.png

I also made a video that shows the fence is indestructible and how it should work:
https://plays.tv/s/Ly4vhbMznzru

We all do really hope this will be looked at seriously as more people are getting to know about this “trick” as some Bayview employee actually for a message about he found out how to “legitimately” get vehicles out of Bayview.

Bayview is family and we care about each other. To show how much we care about each other and the company we created a name list. This is not meant as an attack! This is just to show who, from the family, cares about it and show this in a more personal way instead of “+1”. We are not trying to get stuff done/stuff done sooner/extra stuff done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FKLFduJyY6YwRkC8JjTfw1YBbINCoNbjOeA1h1LtAdU/edit?usp=sharing

We know the info in these suggestions can not be used IC, but in this case it’s hard to keep track of that. We know people will get to know about this trick by reading this, but we have accepted the risk as it is already getting out of hand. Next to that, we are already trying to get our own cars parked at our houses or somewhere else to try to prevent this and we actively ask people to do this.

I want to thank everyone for reading this and hopefully someone would like to look into this.

Kind regards,
Audrey Martin with the help of the whole Bayview family!

Edited by Yputi
Signature
  • Like 1

Its also a customer thing. I've been offered multiple times if I'd like to leave my car there if I'm headed out of town so the work can be done and ready when I come back (makes big upgrades also seem more realistic that it will take time to complete rather than just stand outside while your car gets a turbo, exhaust system, gearbox, tinted windows, and spray paint within a matter of minutes).

It would be nice to know that customers could leave their cars there and either go off and work, hang out with friends, or just go offline with an organized collection time in place, and know that your vehicle will be safe with them.

Great ideas here Bayview team!

3 hours ago, gyrhnr said:

Have you tried leaving your cars in your house/garage? 

Hello!

Yes, I mentioned this in the post: " we are already trying to get our own cars parked at our houses or somewhere else to try to prevent this and we actively ask people to do this."

But next to that, it still is failrp. Also, when heading out alone for a tow job this happens too. Ladt but not least, sometimes people just have to leave for urgent IRL reasons and are not able to drive home first.

2 minutes ago, Yputi said:

Hello!

Yes, I mentioned this in the post: " we are already trying to get our own cars parked at our houses or somewhere else to try to prevent this and we actively ask people to do this."

But next to that, it still is failrp. Also, when heading out alone for a tow job this happens too. Ladt but not least, sometimes people just have to leave for urgent IRL reasons and are not able to drive home first.

you should not care than

12 minutes ago, gyrhnr said:

you should not care than

I don't think you're getting the point of this suggestion or what actual constructive criticism is at all, rather than an attempt at being funny or trolling. These fences are an issue, and it's clear as day. Even the fences that are already re-enforced are still being ramped over, and it's just incredibly annoying. Whilst it plays a big role in the creation of this post I bet, this isn't a suggestion just for the sake of Bayview or it's customers, but for the quality of roleplay in general. Either this needs to be cracked down upon, or a fix for this has to be implemented.

2 hours ago, gyrhnr said:

you should not care than

I do care as I am on the server to RP

2 hours ago, ItsPazz said:

I don't think you're getting the point of this suggestion or what actual constructive criticism is at all, rather than an attempt at being funny or trolling. These fences are an issue, and it's clear as day. Even the fences that are already re-enforced are still being ramped over, and it's just incredibly annoying. Whilst it plays a big role in the creation of this post I bet, this isn't a suggestion just for the sake of Bayview or it's customers, but for the quality of roleplay in general. Either this needs to be cracked down upon, or a fix for this has to be implemented.

Thanks for explaining!

We can all just ignore everything and create a solution around it, but as mentioned in the post: Bayview stand for their RP and really want to keep this high. Even at my training the trainer explicitly said that we expect good RP as we want to be an example for other people and gangs that want to be official. 

It's basically the same as your car getting stolen in a NCZ. You could have parked it at home and ignore everything, but that is just not how it should work.

For some people its really hard to understand where the limit is. In GTA online you are limited to the game itself where in Roleplay your are limited to some rules too. At the end everyone (or atleast 99%) is here to roleplay and would like to have realistic and good experience.

@gyrhnr I am really glad you come with ideas/solutions, but I rather dont have people commenting things just for having a laugh. We spended serious time on this post and would like serious responses.

Edited by Yputi
response added

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.