AnakinB

How to fix PD and make the *game* balanced, a pd suggestion

On 8/15/2022 at 5:32 AM, Harveyyy said:

Some people say it's PD that is OP and needs to be nerfed, when in reality, there is nothing majorly wrong about it. Yes, a few things could be improved, but why not fixing the major L's that the criminals take on a daily basis? Like import prices, 50k for an AK that you'll lose after shooting 5 bullets is what causes the frustration, the jailtime that people have to spend out of their own gameplay time, which to me, sounds like IC consequences, however, I still don't understand why evading which happens 50 times a day has to be 60 minutes of jailtime, and if you get unlucky, you get felony public endangerment which is another hour. 2 hours just because you evaded for 5 minutes and hit a lamp post. Why evading can't be 15 minutes? The player would still face the IC consequences and go through the arresting RP, but I guess that's a different subject. 

Also, some of you may say "This would limit DOC's RP" but do you think it's fair to tie hundreds of players to one faction? I mean, clearly there is an issue with DOC, but holding people inside DOC for hours because of that excuse doesn't sound plausible to me. 

This is just a personal opinion, not trying to argue or flame a PDvsCrim convo, if you disagree, please ignore this comment and move on.

Are you proposing decreasing import prices? That might be a very viable fix to give crims encouragement to be crims again.

Edited by Praetorian

On 8/8/2022 at 3:04 AM, AnakinB said:

1. right now as it is, PD can just spawn their armor, guns, and cars in free of charge. I propose that pd/sd should have to buy said things, and at the end of the day when they’re clocking off and going home they return the items,

That's how it works, and you can't change it. Equipment is issued by the department. Such a funny idea to think police should buy their own patrol cars.

2. Remove pagers, quite simply either remove pagers from pd or allow criminals to rp having them. Isn’t at all fair that pd can ping 100 people to get on and fight at most 40 criminals 

Nah. Off-duty officers especially SWAT get paged all the time when they are needed.

3. reduce the amount of armor pd can have on them at a time, as is there is police officers patrolling in 100 ap armor, when that’s just not even normal not to mention how heavy that would and the amount of stress it would put on the officers back it’s just not realistic, I’m not saying remove 100 ap armor from pd entirely however I feel like if your patrolling you should have 25-50 ap armor and even 50 is kind of a stretch. Let’s say there’s a bank robbery you can arrive on scene and if there is a hostage situation, etc put on the 50-100 ap armor and grab your guns. About to go in and raid a lab? Grab your armor and get ready, if someone thing is taking planning to do you should be allowed the more heavy armor. 

Sure. This one makes sense.

4. Carbine does way to much damage tbh lessen it.

Nah. It's about right.

5. Obviously doc time and rp but that’s being worked on

What about RP? Before you comment on PD's roleplay, look at criminal's first. PD is a reactive faction. If crims don't use play-to-win meta and just roleplay realistically, we would be able to put more emphasis on RP quality, character development and department portrayal.  

• dead 1

On 8/15/2022 at 10:32 AM, Harveyyy said:

Some people say it's PD that is OP and needs to be nerfed, when in reality, there is nothing majorly wrong about it. Yes, a few things could be improved, but why not fixing the major L's that the criminals take on a daily basis? Like import prices, 50k for an AK that you'll lose after shooting 5 bullets is what causes the frustration, the jailtime that people have to spend out of their own gameplay time, which to me, sounds like IC consequences, however, I still don't understand why evading which happens 50 times a day has to be 60 minutes of jailtime, and if you get unlucky, you get felony public endangerment which is another hour. 2 hours just because you evaded for 5 minutes and hit a lamp post. Why evading can't be 15 minutes? The player would still face the IC consequences and go through the arresting RP, but I guess that's a different subject. 

Also, some of you may say "This would limit DOC's RP" but do you think it's fair to tie hundreds of players to one faction? I mean, clearly there is an issue with DOC, but holding people inside DOC for hours because of that excuse doesn't sound plausible to me. 

This is just a personal opinion, not trying to argue or flame a PDvsCrim convo, if you disagree, please ignore this comment and move on.

50k for an AK is ridiculous prices for imported weapons need to come down as a whole its really hard to earn good money these days as a crim, chop shops are simply not good enough in the current format and cooking drugs is incredibly boring. 

Prison sentences do need to come down overall but not too much as people wont care for any repercussions, instead of being 60 minutes for evading i feel 35 minutes is fair.

13 hours ago, blade said:

@RedHotnearly always be patrolling in LEO's quickest vehicles, Why? Cos no one stops him. More restrictions on LEOs needed .

"Quickest vehicles"? The quickest one is the Crown Victoria, and it can do 215-220 on the freeway, slow acceleration tho and it doesn't turn. If you're talking about the Jugular, that thing doesn't go over 205 on the highway, it's been nerfed and it's slow AF. They call it "High Speed" but it's literally the opposite, it's useless. 

Yesterday, we were chasing a 10F that was doing 225+ constantly, and the Jugular was not catching up in the slightest, saying more restrictions without mentioning or stating anything further is basically you reaching the dead end of your argument, I'm afraid. 

I've been playing legal for 1.5 year, crim for 10 months, I evade from PD almost everyday, and I'll tell the secret of successfully evading, you simply need to be a better driver, arguing that they always deploy a Jugular doesn't really make a big difference, it depends on who's driving it. You can evade in literally any vehicle, even a faggio, you just have to be a better driver and outsmart them, use tactics to lose ground units and the heli, it's been done before and can be done at anytime.

Lastly, only 8 people out of 88 in SD can passively deploy the Jugular, and it rarely happens. These 8 people were in SD since day 1, they earned it, but that's IC mate. Oh and high speed units exist IRL. 

Edited by Harveyyy