Chase Truman

Cab Company Improvement

Hello all!

I would like to suggest what I see as a solution to the lack of cabs that roleplay servers typically see. One of the main reasons I never choose to be a Cab driver is because you constantly find yourself sitting around, waiting for a call. With that being said, people often leave the job and it ends up being a waste. I personally think that instead of being a faction, the cab driver position should almost become a job and it should be renamed to something similar to Lyft/Uber. This would give players the ability to have Uber/Lyft as their secondary job, and while they are doing their primary job, if they see a call come up, they can chose if they want to use their time to go pick that person up. In my opinion, this will give players a fun secondary job, where they get to interact with people, and people looking for a ride will rarely have to wait.

If I am getting the wrong impression of the Cab faction, and it does more on this RP server than I am used to, please do not hesitate to say so. I have just always seen this as a worthy alternative and I wanted to throw it out there!

The only issue I see with this is that it will result in people calling and uber… getting kidnapped and then robbed, and likely killed. Creating additional work load and situations for an already stretched thin pd. It is an interesting concept and I think someone tried to start an uber service up a while ago but I think it fell flat.
Perhaps if people used cabs a bit more you would see more around.

2 hours ago, Chase Truman said:

Okay..I’ve just seen people who say they’ve waited 20 minutes for a taxi and never received one but must’ve just been that 1%.

First of all you made this thread saying you don't know if this server has a similar taxi system to others so you clearly not going off your own experience.

Secondly there are drivers who can be on duty for 1.5 hours and not receive a single call.

30 minutes ago, LightWolfy said:

First of all you made this thread saying you don't know if this server has a similar taxi system to others so you clearly not going off your own experience.

Secondly there are drivers who can be on duty for 1.5 hours and not receive a single call.

I don’t need to argue about anything, it was just a suggestion. I’m just telling you what I’ve seen. The drivers being on duty for 1.5 hours and not getting a call just supports my suggestion honestly because for them that’s a waste of time so it would help avoid that, but I appreciate your feedback.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.