MrUntouchable215

Criminals and PD change suggestion

First off, I want to clear some things up. I'm not trying to hijack the posts that already exists but instead, I want to continue forward with the post I made before and perhaps offer some type of insight and suggestions that we can debate on, discuss and hopefully come to some type of agreement.

LSPD improvement suggestions:

First off, I want to start by saying that I've been noticing a great show of power by the PD as of recently. The post I made before, my point still stands but I know it seems like I'm completely bashing PD and that's not my goal, I simply wanted to point out the specific issues I've been having and figured some others would feel the same and with that being said, I want to elaborate on the RP of the PD first. I would like to see more Roleplay from PD as a whole. I think that officers should add a little spice to their Roleplay by being required to investigate further into a situation, rather than assume and decide. See we have this handy thing called /do which requires you to be honest in almost every situation but it's basically a lie detector that can be used to incriminate anyone about anything. Now I don't think it's typically bad that /do is a thing, I think that it should definitely be a huge part of the Roleplay process but I also feel like the officer themselves should have to read the situation, ask questions from every side of the fence without solely relying on the /do command. I also feel like suspects should be taken into an interrogation room more often for questioning and evidence. With all of that being said, I also noticed a few things on the faction menu. The rank list consists of many things like P1, P2, P3, Cadets, lieutenants and a few others. My point is, I feel as if there's so much room to be creative in that aspect as well by either changing some rank names or expanding on the ranks themselves. I would love to see dedicated interrogators, special crime units, DNA Forensics that use /do for fingerprints and DNA as a whole. I feel like swat should only be called for raids on labs and chopshops and other higher up criminal activity. The entire point here is, there's so much room to be more creative with the Roleplay rather than the standard practice that's currently being used and by no means am I saying it's currently too lazy but with the criminals having to compete for official, I feel like all factions should have to have larger standards going forward.

Secondly, people have mentioned this before and I want to elaborate further. Police have body armor, tasers, carbines, sniper rifles, armored vehicles and very strong cruisers, all free of charge. You have to draw the line somewhere and make some of these things cost something. I've never seen an officer come to LSC for a vehicle repair because they can simply respawn the vehicle and the same thing goes for many factions. LSC has a contract with PD and MD that allows free labor for both, yet it's only done when the officer is off duty. I would like to see them being required to either pay for a new cruiser or get it repaired like everyone else. I suggest doing that by any means. Police should have to pay for their heavy weapons as well, allowing PD to have their own warehouse (Armory) and Admins should set the prices to what they think it should be. I don't care if the prices are lower than ours, please at the very least just pay for it. Your guns, ammo and body armor should have a cost just like everyone else. People can discuss thing and go into more details in the comment section as well.

Finally, I think you guys should start working on that prison faction. People get locked up all of the time, having guards and a warden starting off could give prison some type of purpose other than cold hearted loneliness. I also think you should extend prison sentences depending on the crime (More than two hours for HEAVY crimes) and allow some type of way to get off on good behavior. Perhaps you could script in some ways to work like the side jobs around the city but it'll be within prison. The more you grind it out, the lower your time becomes and it'll also add some type of activity other than people alt tabbing and watching shit until the sentence is done. With THAT being said, I think you should disable the NCZ for prison but also prevent the gates from auto opening and closing for anyone. Perhaps you could add gates like you have in LSC to where you have to use /gatemech to even open it. This will give the guards some purpose, while also allowing criminals to do actual jail shit like fighting and getting caught by a guard means risking your sentence rising or going back to where it was before. ( Rising as in, if you're at 10 minutes left and you were caught starting a fight, your time may raise by another 30 minutes). This will also allow possible prison breaks with hostage situations being more relevant and purposeful for criminals. I know what you're thinking by this point and it's "That's going to get out of control fast and annoying" but keep reading. This is where swat comes in as well. In order to balance it out, you could give the prison guards swat abilities, but obviously change the name to something other than Swat within the faction. This will deter criminals from attempting to escape while also having the chance to do so, even if the chance is small. (A prison break is not meant to be easy). To go further on, this will also take some pressure off of Admins, preventing players from contacting them asking for permission.

Criminal Improvement Suggestions:

This one is a bit more clean cut and simple, so it will be a shorter post.

Firstly, I'm sure we can all agree that Criminals need more things to do other than the standard Gang Wars, Drug labs and Store robbing, etc. Simply put, I understand that within a Roleplay server, it's up to the players to RP out some things to do; I get that. I also get that beyond all of that, you eventually find yourself with a lot of down time because simply put, you ran out of shit to do and making money as a criminal is just toxic. All of us have the ability to do some side businesses like flipping cars, houses and such, but at that point, what separates criminals from civilians other than the petty crimes? Drugs should be more of a street dealing thing, rather than a simple NPC drop off, I'm sure most of us can agree with that, right? Weed has no effect and the other effects on the various other drugs are either useless or extremely weak with a huge drawback. No one wants to spend big cash on pounds of weed because it's essentially useless. I say do away with the drug drop offs and give drugs and street dealing a better chance. Remember, we mentioned how PD has all of these awesome toys right? Criminals want the same thing, just in a different light. Add Steriods back into the fold and allow it to give armor but make it time consuming to create. Allow LSD to automatically raise the sound range just a bit. Extacy should allow you to run faster with the drawback of having your driving impaired, Meth should simply fuck you up, no other effects and the same with the even harder drugs. Perhaps Cocaine on the other hand should also give you armor, a bigger effect than steriods but should slowly drain HP by a small but effective percentage until you hit 50% and then it stops. Please comment suggestions and changes to this in the comment section as well.

Secondly, we need gang scripts for drug dealing and gun running as well. Yes, there's nothing like cold hard cash but just like mechanics have /mechoffer, I feel like we should be able to do exchanges as well. Having the ability to do something like /paycrim 74 5000 should allow the money to go straight into an offshore account but having the drawback of it taking out some gang tax while /pay would be cold cash with no tax on it. ( The amount of Tax should be effective to the point where you'll still prefer cash over money wiring) This will allow the ability to do gun running on a larger and more effective scale. Imagine running a side business and your job was to deliver guns to people who need it. You have a shady black burrito and you're coming to drop off a pistol to someone who just got dropped off at MD, just got out of prison or anything really. He won't have cash on him at the time, so right now, you would have to trust him to pay later. With a script however, he could pay you straight from his account with no time wasted and no trust needed. You could use this method for drug dealing as well, considering most of the time, people can't sell drugs on the street because people don't carry around pocket cash so this usually involves a trip to the ATM, which is a huge hassle. Selling drugs at a party would make more sense that way as well. Of course, you could also add a rule to state that you cannot force someone to do /paycrim in the midst of a robbery. 

( I have more to add on this and I REALLY need to edit it and fix the grammar but i'm so tired right now, that I just can't manage it at the moment. I'll wake up and edit it, I promise but for now, just bare with it please, I appreciate your time)

• Upvote 3

Secondly, people have mentioned this before and I want to elaborate further. Police have body armor, tasers, carbines, sniper rifles, armored vehicles and very strong cruisers, all free of charge. You have to draw the line somewhere and make some of these things cost something. I've never seen an officer come to LSC for a vehicle repair because they can simply respawn the vehicle and the same thing goes for many factions. LSC has a contract with PD and MD that allows free labor for both, yet it's only done when the officer is off duty. I would like to see them being required to either pay for a new cruiser or get it repaired like everyone else. I suggest doing that by any means. Police should have to pay for their heavy weapons as well, allowing PD to have their own warehouse (Armory) and Admins should set the prices to what they think it should be. I don't care if the prices are lower than ours, please at the very least just pay for it. Your guns, ammo and body armor should have a cost just like everyone else. People can discuss thing and go into more details in the comment section as well.

None of this makes any RP sense.

Nowhere in any first world country are police officers forced to pay for the weapons the state issues them, or the equipment or the vehicles unless the officer is proven to be negligent in damaging said equipment. Secondly, it doesn't make any sense for an officer to come to a mechanic shop to ask for a repair on their cruiser, granted it doesn't make sense for the cruiser to just vanish either, but you're not going to find Officer IRL going to a mechanic shop to have their tyres fixed, that's vehicles are managed elsewhere. 

There is also simply a lack of mechanics to even make this happen if you wanted it to. I'd be happy for the suggestion that PD pays for everything through the faction treasury, so long as it's paid in taxes....which means everybody in the city gets massively taxed, because PD go through a lot of cruisers, expensive helicopters and armoured vehicles and endless amounts of weapons and bullets. So, yea, I'm all for this so long as everybody else is all for being massively taxed to fund it. Quite frankly, the amount of equipment PD go through isn't realistic, but that's just the nature of it being a video game, so there has to be unrealistic aspects so that everybody can get the RP they want. 

It's not meant to be "fair", just as it isn't real life. 

-1, lack of mechanics in place to make any of this really work. It'd require too much unpopular change. 

Edited by Aldari_Tagril

1 hour ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

-1, lack of mechanics in place to make any of this really work. It'd require too much unpopular change. 

Quoting realism is a little bit thick mate, in real life does every officer walk around with MP5's and Shotguns on their back too? And are PD the only ones allowed to posses and own a longer ranged rifle? Because last time I checked you could pick up a hunting rifle in a wallmart of all places in the states. Yet on eclipse if a crim were to own one; bannable offense. 

I mean no offense but in the way you and other PD members have been talking around these issues on this and other forum posts it's clear you'll say whatever in order to keep anything from changing on you. And judging from what this forum has seen the last few days it'd be a hella popular change infact.

Edited by Levi208
Spells!
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Aldari_Tagril said:

None of this makes any RP sense.

I would love to disagree with you as well. Are we talking about roleplay server or real life mechanics? As Levi mentioned above, you will not be able to see non senses like: 5 weapons on swats, cops pulling guns out of the bikes, you cant get snipers or other stuff of cops, some other bullshit you would never see IRL. I understand that you're an officer and changes would damage pd's rp extremely. However, abusing system and comparing it to real life just doesn't add up.

Edited by Tjml_

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.