verydoge12

Multiple PD nerf suggestions

As a member of the PD since May 2017 I can confirm this is the 'weakest' the PD has been since I joined. When I was a cadet we were given a full loadout, driving around with minor training. It is increasingly easy for criminals to kill cops. Which I have my own problems with on how increasingly common that is. 

From my criminal alt (Ben Rucks) standpoint, I understand the appeal of trying to kill cops, and 6/7 months ago I was guilty of doing so. The reason I refrain from damaging cops now (I either RP doing physical damage or don't actually shoot at them) is because I understand the weight of my repercussions. Spending years of my life in prison for my actions, risk of life etc. I think criminals at the moment need to stop relying on the option to just kill cops. It's selfish RP.

On my police character (Trustson) It's becoming the norm where gangs are just going to kill you if you RP with them, sometimes for stupid reasons. I'll post a link below as to what I mean. 

In terms of constructive conversation about changes within PD, the only things I can agree on are the Teamspeak IC rooms, but as has been mentioned MULTIPLE times in this thread, if you're in those channels they're strictly IC and you must use IG VOIP as well as TS, or you'd be punished accordingly. 

Overall, I don't think Police should be further nerfed, rather I think criminals should be smarter with their actions. Engaging Police, notably SWAT is NOT a smart idea, and should be avoided as much as humanly possible. I would like instead a way to work with criminals to encourage better roleplay and more reasonable situations where antagonizing or in some cases murdering Police would work.

https://streamable.com/uvc8d

• Like 2

I think the main problem stated in this thread was due to poor PD RP. If they would put effort into roleplaying and start behave like regular people, I think criminals would be satisfied with the number of tools PD have.

Nothing more than poor PD RP makes people mad and they start to offer nerf suggestions to compensate for the refusal to RP.

2 hours ago, DeanThompson said:

The PD is supposed to be over powered.

well I wouldn't say that as a PD officer. PD should have more effective tools than criminals and the way you communicate is kinda "we don't give a damn and we are way powerfull than any faction". 

People want to discuss and to be heard, not to be denied every time they have a fact or an arguement.

20 minutes ago, BroskiBen said:

Overall, I don't think Police should be further nerfed, rather I think criminals should be smarter with their actions. Engaging Police, notably SWAT is NOT a smart idea, and should be avoided as much as humanly possible. I would like instead a way to work with criminals to encourage better roleplay and more reasonable situations where antagonizing or in some cases murdering Police would work. 

Well said enough.

There is zero reason for everyone to go up against the police, they are not a force that are supposed to be overpowered.

The only way for anything to improve is if criminals increase their level of RP. Either that or we go back to 10 hour jail times (my personal favourite).

If I'm not mistaken, around December of 2017 I pushed to remove most heavy weaponry from PD. I did that to help criminals push for a better level of RP. If we didn't need heavy weaponry, why would they. The only reason we've had to go back to assigning MP5's to POIII and up is because of the poor level of RP displayed by criminals. Say an officer wants to pull someone over for a warning, perhaps they were driving too fast. 9/10 times now they will get surrounded by some gang or friends and most likely killed. Going to jail for a little bit, or receiving a speeding ticket shouldn't mean life and death. It's becoming increasingly frustrating that criminals feel that they should be able to 100% overthrow the police at any given time in any given location with any number of people.

This isn't some 3rd world country with corrupt government and police, this is RP'd as America, where there are laws and regulations to protect citizens and officers alike.

I am not saying the PD doesn't need to fix some situations, but that's all we push for is a high level of RP. If someone does something like this, you can be damn sure we handle it once we know about it.
It's becoming more than weekly we put out posts about RP quality and how to uphold heavy-roleplay.

Edited by Knoxi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1