Trubluegaming

Gov Faction or Job (Towing/Mors/Impound/Salvage)

Not really sure what you mean. I don't think there's anything I stated that aren't facts. I'm not saying DCC isn't good, or useful, I'm just saying it's not a necessary service.  You're making logically fallacious slippery slope type arguments.  I'm not comparing this to DCC, I'm differentiating between them. I agree there may be an IC solution, but I think adding another faction would be more beneficial than just resolving the issue ICly. At some point giving service to players becomes an OOC problem as well.  I'm trying to think alittle bigger than "lets just let the current people handle it ICly!" Frankly that's kind of a cop out argument, and a very close minded one. 

It is closed minded, however that is the reality. A lot can be done ICly to resolve the issue. Taking just the towtruck aspect of it all and making it its own group wouldn’t contribute more than towtrucks to the server.

• Upvote 1

It is closed minded, however that is the reality. A lot can be done ICly to resolve the issue. Taking just the towtruck aspect of it all and making it its own group wouldn’t contribute more than towtrucks to the server.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I believe it would not only contribute more tow trucks, but also more official faction jobs and management positions.  Thanks for your contributions to the discussion!

-1 I agree with above, there are plenty of mechanics (myself included) who love towing, but at least in LSC there are company restrictions, and IC'ly IMOE they don't exactly make it clear when a lower rank can take out a truck, unless it's like LSPD request or something. We have a "roadside" division that sort of (?) exists right now, but AFAIK that just determines who gets priority when it comes to being able to take a truck out. I try to always grab MRs whenever I'm able to, between cars at LSC or when it's slow.

Another point is that out of the very low number of MRs we get at times, most of those people just want a roadside repair, not a tow all the way across the map/city to bayview/LSC- so to have a tow company doesn't make sense IMO.

I used to work for Weazel a few years ago, and it'd be like having an entirely separate advertising company because sometimes Weazel got crammed with other stuff. It's an issue that can be solved very easily IC, and I think there are way more ways of introducing new RP into the server without taking it away from others (see: the aviation faction suggestion post)

HUGE +1

I think a small fee should be awarded to the drivers per impounded car (100-300 dollars) (have this come back to the faction in form of the impound fees), I think this will crack down on illegal parking within the city a job that is too massive for LSMC to handle.

HUGE +1

I think a small fee should be awarded to the drivers per impounded car (100-300 dollars) (have this come back to the faction in form of the impound fees), I think this will crack down on illegal parking within the city a job that is too massive for LSMC to handle.

but once again this isn't too much for us to handle it's literally an IC regulation by PD

but once again this isn't too much for us to handle it's literally an IC regulation by PD

IRL we would have parking enforcement divisions and separate tows for those infractions, and the fact that people get away with parking on edge of pier and now parking on the beach just shows that PD has bigger thing to worry about and cant be arsed for parking infractions. A new faction with a tiny reward for each car towed I think would fix this.

IRL we would have parking enforcement divisions and separate tows for those infractions, and the fact that people get away with parking on edge of pier and now parking on the beach just shows that PD has bigger thing to worry about and cant be arsed for parking infractions. A new faction with a tiny reward for each car towed I think would fix this.

I disagree, PD still has the capability to enforce parking laws as it always has. Making towing cars for profit is a no no in my opinion. 

Again, like others have mentioned, LSC and Bayview can handle this matter ICly. Don't need a separate parking enforcement division when PD already has a traffic enforcement division to do that (TED), and other a huge roster of other officers outside of the division who can, any officer can enforce parking enforcement is the bottom line.

"I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I believe it would not only contribute more tow trucks, but also more official faction jobs and management positions.  Thanks for your contributions to the discussion!"

And to introduce another faction/group into the server for one of the reasons to 

"Open" more official faction jobs, and "management" should NEVER be the reason. From experience, that just shows those that use that reason, want some opportunity of authority or leadership position, and can't get it otherwise or is difficult at obtaining it in existing groups. 

^^I have seen first hand exactly what happens, and what actions and decisions are taken by those who seek change for "personal agendas" and  "personal gains". So if your reason is to open up more 'leadership positions'. 

That's a big -1 from me. 

Edited by Percival
  • Like 1

OP seems to just have an outdated PoV of the situation at hand that's causing them to misunderstand the core issue. As a current mechanic at LSC, everybody is trained on tow truck as soon as they're hired, and as long as there are at least two people on duty at the shop then at least one person can go out and take MRs - and are expected to. If the ledge is slammed with only 2 people on duty, they will probably prioritize clearing the line before heading out in a tow truck. If your MR is on top of a mountain or in a river in the middle of the map, you can expect longer wait times for a couple reasons - 1, nobody likes climbing mountains offroad in tow trucks, and 2, LSC mechanics have to wait a certain time to take MRs North of a certain point to attempt to respect Bayview's jurisdiction. Which leads us to the most prominent of your misunderstandings - the issue is not a faction cap, because we can barely hit a cap if there even is one. The supply of jobs at LSC outweighs the demand of them. If people think they'll have fun RPing a tow truck driver, feel free to come work at a mechanic shop and get through the first couple promotions until you can finally be 90% tow truck based. But it's clear that not enough people on the server have an interest in that kind of RP to allow your idea to work either.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.