TripleE

Life Sentence RP and its implications

6 hours ago, Aldarine said:

This thread is about life sentences - please stay on topic.

Respectfully, I have to disagree with you and say that CK's are on topic as, majority of criminal players who experience DOC would consider a forced life sentence the same as a ck with the current state of the server. Its my personal belief that if the server wants to push towards more realism with forced life sentences it needs to be hand in hand with a forced CK system for not only criminal players but all players.

There are a hand full of players on the server in the past and present who have opted characters who have opted into life sentences and I guarantee if it was inspected further if those characters are actually actively played; it would be surprising to find a single one that was actively logging in. Life sentences are fun in concept but horrible in reality, as it essentially a character that can only be played when other players are present at DOC ie; a partial character kill.

CK system needs to be considered and introduced at the same time so that all players risk there progression of roleplay storylines and assets due to ic decisions or else it would disincentivize many players from even attempting criminal roleplay if only criminals risk run the long term risk of losing a character to the wasteland we call DOC with a life sentence as there decisions would have much more weight than that of an LEO, Civilian. I believe not being able to discuss CK system alongside a life sentence system would be a major faux pas for the progression of Eclipse as a whole.

Edited by Phantas

@Phantas - I hear you and appreciate the response. I just don’t want to derail the OP’s original suggestion by going off into tangents simply out of respect for his initial work on the life sentence topic itself.

Edit: By the way of you ever wanted to chat about CKs and what could possibly work for a suggestion please do hit up my DMs! It’s a thing I’ve been looking to suggest for a while but my brain alone can only think of so many things.

Already commented but new topic arose, -1 to both. Life sentences would ruin the server not only from a criminal standpoint especially when this server is a bit more grindy, but for LEO's less action and more inmates. Basically a DOC nightmare as everyone would just punch DM'ing. Maybe its just me but if this is implemented I feel that myself along with most crims will either get clean or just play an alt making the server a legal fest which would kill cops entirely making them only give speeding citation to legals 🤷‍♂️. I do feel the current state is a little out of hand. There should be a system introduced with death row or some electric chair type death penalty. This would obviously follow extensive IC investigating with PD and the JB for the case to eventually happen but it says some legals from begin harassed by the constant cycle of kill legal for who knows what reason, their co worker calls the cops. crim sees the call. Crim then comes back will a head full of steam to kill the person who called cops on them. A constant cycle with a little break in-between of peace while they are in jail. If they were to be executed this can break the cycle with NLR being applied to all previous hostile events.

-1 but just for non-consented perma prison.

I have always agreed that life sentences should be a thing however I do agree that it does limit that RP that they can do on that character. Prison scripting is very limited so it always depends on other inmates and guards to make it fun. This is something that DOC as a faction is constantly developing.
This was semi-discussed IC yesterday and a large issue is when it comes to overcrowding. We cannot extend the prison cellblock in anyway so more perma prisoners means more inmates which is more guards allocated to babysit and tend to these inmates. Especially if these perma prisoners are forced into prison unwillingly on an OOC level then it would just be negative for the prisoners and the DOC faction.

We have been considering alternatives to perma prison that might fix some of these issues and make the RP more interactive for perma inmates however it is still being discussed.

End of the day, I would only be fine if the character wanted to be perma prisoned and there was enough IC reasoning behind it, such as being a serial killer.

• Like 1

There should be an option for people who WANT to roleplay lifetime convicts within DOC to form their gangs in prison etc.
Also, a lifetime prison WITH parole could be like 5 days ooc and at the end you rp your parole and you get released.
Also, you should have to type /leaveprison to leave when time ends because there are many instances that there's ongoing RP and you just get teleported out, or for whatever reason you may wanna stay in DOC longer.

Edited by Papadakis

People already spend way too much time in DOC, 

if this was a thing, I'm sure whoever got Life in Prison would just quit the server at that point. DOC is just so awfully boring! They add no RP in it that allows your time to go down, like even the Mining sucks. You'll mine for an hour just to take off 5-10 minutes. 

On 8/8/2022 at 5:08 PM, LucasMadrazo said:

if this was a thing, I'm sure whoever got Life in Prison would just quit the server at that point. DOC is just so awfully boring!

For real, if any of my characters got a life sentence for RPing as a criminal i’m most likely going to quit after all the work I put in for that character or just buy another character slot😭😭😭

This is a huge -1 for me it isn’t a 1:1  real life simulator, but death penalties can be considered

Hello,

Until a CK system is created (again), we will not force players to server a life-sentence which will essentially kill off any roleplay they would like to perform. It has happened in the past, but if you would like to request a life sentence you must have long-term character development to support it where you may submit a request with LFM to review.

Archived.