Cyrus Raven

Remove /alias in vehicle and make windows work like a mask

To elaborate,

If a player is inside a vehicle and the windows are up, their name should not display for anyone that has them aliased, the exception being if the player uses /window 0 to put their window down or if you are a player that is currently inside the car. Their IDs would remain in the case of any rulebreaks so they can be IDd for a report.

Essentially, having windows up inside a car would act almost like a mask. This would only apply to vehicles with working windows.

Ideally, I would like IDs floating over players heads to be removed all together, but I understand that one of the main complaints when we tested that out was that people couldn't identify players who broke rules or they didn't have enough time to press and hold ALT to display their IDs. So this suggestion is an attempt to fix this issue.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

I think this is a good opportunity to work with window tints as well. Make this only work for the darkest window tint available, as the lighter options are very see-through.

I was thinking about that as well, thing is I'm afraid that will just mean that everyone will drive around with dark tints, regardless if it suits the RP. Maybe make it work regardless of tint except with tint it has the added ''protection'' against investigative /ldo if someone tries to RP whether they can see your face through the window, idk

12 minutes ago, Cyrus Raven said:

I was thinking about that as well, thing is I'm afraid that will just mean that everyone will drive around with dark tints, regardless if it suits the RP. Maybe make it work regardless of tint except with tint it has the added ''protection'' against investigative /ldo if someone tries to RP whether they can see your face through the window, idk

That can be enforced in-character, as excessive tints could be illegal. That way there is a pro vs con with having extremely dark tints.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexalex303 said:

That can be enforced in-character, as excessive tints could be illegal. That way there is a pro vs con with having extremely dark tints.

Issue I can see with this is that there is currently nowhere to obtain "illegal modifications". Xenon headlights are RP'd as having an ON/OFF switch to be used at car shows/meets. 

This would mean removing the Limo tint from mechanics - Or having us keep it and we get fines from the government every other day which I'm not a fan of.

17 minutes ago, Mxccy said:

Issue I can see with this is that there is currently nowhere to obtain "illegal modifications". Xenon headlights are RP'd as having an ON/OFF switch to be used at car shows/meets. 

This would mean removing the Limo tint from mechanics - Or having us keep it and we get fines from the government every other day which I'm not a fan of.

What do you mean? It would be an in-character choice. If you want the darkest tint, you are breaking the law and can face repercussions. If you don't want to break the law, take the tint off the windows.

I don't see how it's an issue.

2 minutes ago, alexalex303 said:

What do you mean? It would be an in-character choice. If you want the darkest tint, you are breaking the law and can face repercussions. If you don't want to break the law, take the tint off the windows.

I don't see how it's an issue.

Im not on about the whole breaking the law part, I'm on about LSC/Bayview being legal government part funded jobs - We would not be able to sell illegal modifications. there is no illegal modification shop within Los Santos that would be able to provide this service should it become a thing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cyrus Raven said:

To elaborate,

If a player is inside a vehicle and the windows are up, their name should not display for anyone that has them aliased, the exception being if the player uses /window 0 to put their window down or if you are a player that is currently inside the car. Their IDs would remain in the case of any rulebreaks so they can be IDd for a report.

Essentially, having windows up inside a car would act almost like a mask. This would only apply to vehicles with working windows.

Ideally, I would like IDs floating over players heads to be removed all together, but I understand that one of the main complaints when we tested that out was that people couldn't identify players who broke rules or they didn't have enough time to press and hold ALT to display their IDs. So this suggestion is an attempt to fix this issue.

I like the idea but what about the windshield?

Should you be able to see the alias while looking at the person through the windshield (since its not tinted like the windows are)? Or do you suggest to completely remove the alias while inside a car?

1 hour ago, Mxccy said:

m not on about the whole breaking the law part, I'm on about LSC/Bayview being legal government part funded jobs - We would not be able to sell illegal modifications. there is no illegal modification shop within Los Santos that would be able to provide this service should it become a thing.

Maybe one of the new player owned shops ex tuna shop or the mirror park one could potentially do it under the radar other than a LSC or Bayview, giving these smaller places some life  

2 hours ago, Mxccy said:

Im not on about the whole breaking the law part, I'm on about LSC/Bayview being legal government part funded jobs - We would not be able to sell illegal modifications. there is no illegal modification shop within Los Santos that would be able to provide this service should it become a thing.

I would say we initially don't worry about that for sake of easing development. Treat it like the coloured headlights where people can get it and then let law enforcement deal with it.

32 minutes ago, Luke Raven said:

I like the idea but what about the windshield?

Should you be able to see the alias while looking at the person through the windshield (since its not tinted like the windows are)? Or do you suggest to completely remove the alias while inside a car?

I think we would fallback on /ldo for these cases. If you're wanting to RP if you recognize anyone if you drove past them with a clear view of the windshield or while you're on foot facing a car then you would use /ldo.

I completely removing /alias as long as all windows are up would be the play here.

Overall a +1, it is doable I guess. The front windshield could be played differently, per say a car drove by slowly and you might have been able to get a glimpse of the driver and passengers then you could /ldo it. However if the vehicle flew by you at high speeds it's unlikely you could /ldo it. Scriptly I don't think you could tint the front windshield, but IRL there are tints you can apply from the inside as a foil or whatever, which darkens the view from outside. Again those are pretty much illegal mods, but if this could be RP'd at the appropriate mod shop that does illegal car mods as a side hustle then the driver of the vehicle could easily remain unseen in close to all scenarios.

Of course, if this cant be done scriptly, it can always be RP'd and the player that gets his vehicle tinted up can snap a SS with /time as proof that they could use as long as the tint is there.

This does get a bit confusing after all. Also worth bringing up the fact that if a vehicle passes you really fast it might be a struggle to even spot the ID, which means you would need to review footage etc. which is needed for the /ldo. Even more confusion might occur if players are desynced or placed in a situation of "was I in front of the vehicle and realistically have been able to see the driver or was I looking at the vehicle from the side".

Edited by 1Markov

Still gonna see criminals rocking masks 24/7 and only removing when asked but I like the suggestion as it might decrease the amount of criminals always wearing masks. Only people I see without masks on 24/7 are civilians who this would benefit and police who this change would also benefit.  Good suggestion!