Trevor Zelias

VIP Chat and Public TS

Re-Adding VIP chat will have something to do while either fishing, trucking and such. I remember talking a lot in /v on NGRP and it helped when farming and such and I think it was a thing back here also but removed in later time. Toggling it so it is off on maybe login all the time is a good thing for people who don't want anything to do with VIP chat. And have certain moderators for the VIP chat that wants to help it to control no meta, toxic and such is happening inside of it. Or even support if they wanna contribute to it and such.

Teamspeak

I think many would like a public TeamSpeak server I jokely/not jokely @Lewis(sorry if it tags u here) about it and said it. I do think a public TS would help the server with less meta-gaming punishment for just sitting in discord with for example Sai, Sofia and such. (random examples). And if we do appear to meta while a report is coming our way ofc you'll get the punishment. While LEOs can sit and meta game, talk shit about others. This happens sometimes and they don't get any trouble from it. And here comes the "PD" who says "we use it for tac-1 and such". But then again why do crims have to suffer from using /vr and radio freqs ingame when there is clearly 911-919 that are LEO based freq that they can use for their J-TAC. It makes no sense why PD would need a TS and crims will get a punishment when they sit in discord and talk with their friends and mute when it comes to ingame mostly.

NGRP used to have a public TS and a private LEO TS and it was not considered metagaming to sit and talk in the public TS unless you did actually meta game. 

It's not considered metagaming if you sit in a discord call together, we just advise against it because it often leads to passive metagaming. There are LEO members who have received metagaming punishments for passive metagaming in teamspeak. A lot of them sit muted in teamspeak to avoid this while still having quick access to TAC. We also have a public discord server with a few voice channels readily available for you to use, nothing is stopping you.

As for the VIP chat, I'm personally against it as I dislike global OOC chat in any non-moderation form, but I produce objective downsides, only subjective.

Honestly, I'm against any form of communication outside of /b and /pm being encouraged on the server. Not sure why we allow LEO the luxury of having a route of communication that could be subject to Meta Gaming without 24/7 surveillance or recording, but that's just me. I have been sitting in my Factions discord before with other offline members of my gang and was questioned by staff/handlers about why I was Meta Gaming. Similarly, with Jason's point on "passive meta" is only punished when reported or observed by staff if I'm correct? A common theme is if you are not LEO and are sitting in a discord call, online, with members of the community at all this could find you suspicious of metagaming however, we allow LEO to partake in OOC communication while in-game fluently when the opportunity to keep it in-game is available. 

Edited by Stew Walker

1 hour ago, Trevor Zelias said:

And here comes the "PD" who says "we use it for tac-1 and such". But then again why do crims have to suffer from using /vr and radio freqs ingame when there is clearly 911-919 that are LEO based freq that they can use for their J-TAC. It makes no sense why PD would need a TS and crims will get a punishment when they sit in discord and talk with their friends and mute when it comes to ingame mostly.

So as I understand you where in LSEMS and PD for a while so I'm quite confused as to why you don't understand the importance of PD using TeamSpeak, although you didn't last long in the latter faction so you get the benefit of the doubt. TAC channels where granted to LEO factions to act as an extension of our in game radio system to be used in limited situations to avoid cluttering our main in game frequency, and for all intents and purposes is identical to the in game radio system. This was done because the current in game radio system does not allow someone to tune to more than one frequency at a time, which realistically Police Departments would have the ability to do so either with a second mobile radio unit in their patrol vehicle or by using their hand-held, while it is very likely most criminals would not have this option of having multiple radios given the price and licensing, but for the sake of Eclipse I get it. I'm totally for improving the radio script allowing anyone to tune to multiple frequencies at once. Additionally, there are strict limitations to the situations we may use TAC and for how long and members are required to talk in game and in TeamSpeak to prevent metagaming.

As you pointed out government factions have several restricted frequencies that they could use in place of TeamSpeak, however this idea has been tried and did not work for several reasons, the main one being you're unable to monitor more than one frequency leading to confusion. 

Secondly I do not appreciate the accusatory tone of this post implying that if someone in a government faction was metagaming in TeamSpeak, no one else would care or that metagaming in the TeamSpeak is somehow common place. Several members of the government factions are staff members, and even those who aren't are against metagaming and it is enforced from a faction and server staff stand point. As Jason has pointed out, there is nothing preventing you from sitting in a Discord call with friends while playing as long as you are not metagaming. As for your point of being profiled for using Discord (lmao), if players were using TeamSpeak in a similar manner in footage for a report they would be met with the same line of questioning. 

Edited by Ed Johnston

6 minutes ago, Ed Johnston said:

TAC channels where granted to LEO factions to act as an extension of our in game radio system to be used in limited situations to avoid cluttering our main in game frequency, and for all intents and purposes is identical to the in game radio system. This was done because the current in game radio system does not allow someone to tune to more than one frequency at a time,

Does the current script of /bindradio 1-8 provide too much complication for LEO to switch between them? In a variety of crim factions we have multiple frequencies that we switch between for when we are sitting at HQ, Freelancing, Command only, and for Labs. Genuine question?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Stew Walker said:

Does the current script of /bindradio 1-8 provide too much complication for LEO to switch between them? In a variety of crim factions we have multiple frequencies that we switch between for when we are sitting at HQ, Freelancing, Command only, and for Labs. Genuine question?

No, we have been granted permission to use Teamspeak so we can monitor/use two radio frequencies at once in a very limited amount of situations where we do not wish to clutter our main radio, so we we use it. 🙂

Edited by Ed Johnston
  • Confused 2

Having a public team speak is just another thing we have to moderator, an entire other program. Also as jason said, we have discord. There are currently 3 open voice chats, if those get filled up we can always add more if it is needed.

The global VIP chat is just another thing that I would mute, I get some people like it but its another thing to worry about people basically having access to a global announcement in game. It is why /ooc is already radius based and not global