Emulsify

Open banks 24/7

Currently, banks are only open during the day in game.

I believe they should be open all day since it is stopping a large amount of players from starting RP.
I realised one day when I rushed home from College so that I could could get my money out of my bank that something was terribly wrong.
As I play at the moment, I come one for two or three hours after I get back from work each day. This however is always night in game. This means that I can never get my money out of my salary unless I want to change my schedule IRL.

At this point it is limiting myself and I could only assume countless others from many roleplay opportunities.

While banks many not be open 24 hours IRL, there isn't really such a thing as salary. Everyone has access to their money whenever.

I have recently started playing much more on my criminal character and honestly, it is really frustrating seeing thousands in my salary and not being able to join any RP that is going on since I can't use the money to get my car out of the impound. I could play so much more on that character is only the banks were open 24 hours a day.

Thank you.

Edited by Emulsify
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

I'm curious what people think the downsides are for having it open 24/7. I think the salary collection system is a bit weird because idk about America but at least in England money goes to your bank directly. 
Maybe closed for deposits outside the current hours would be a neater implementation of this 'mechanic'. (or if you deposit in the night time slot then you dont have access to those funds until bank open time e.g. a bank deposit box)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DrPathetic said:

I'm curious what people think the downsides are for having it open 24/7. I think the salary collection system is a bit weird because idk about America but at least in England money goes to your bank directly. 
Maybe closed for deposits outside the current hours would be a neater implementation of this 'mechanic'. (or if you deposit in the night time slot then you dont have access to those funds until bank open time e.g. a bank deposit box)

I believe this system was used due to the fact that the Bank was one of the main places people used to meet and chill. Now the bank became just a place to take money from, and you can't find the RP we used to get there. I believe bank should pay directly either to bank account or be open permanently. 

As I mentioned, it used to be a place where everyone would come together to wait for it to be opened and connections were made there. Now we have events, pier and other places, so the bank lost its role in this community.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 with an adjustment...

I don't think banks should be OPEN 24/7 but I do think salary should go directly into your bank account. That way you can still withdraw a limited amount from an ATM, which should be plenty for you to use outside of banking hours. until the banks open. That seems realistic because yes your irl direct deposit IS available to you outside of the banks even when they're closed, just use an atm. 

• Like 1

+1 overall

I think Salary should go to bank from any civilian job and taxes be automatic income tax. I like @DrPathetic's idea with an adjustment, any deposit would usually require a special machine (found at banks IRL usually) to deposit small amounts. Large amounts usually require a clerk. Same thing goes for withdrawls apart from the fact withdrawls can be at any machine for small amounts. So small amounts of cash can be throw in or taken out during any hours but large amounts would require the bank to be open.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2022 at 11:37 AM, Emulsify said:

As I play at the moment, I come one for two or three hours after I get back from work each day. This however is always night in game. This means that I can never get my money out of my salary unless I want to change my schedule IRL.

With a 4:1 in game ratio I can see how this would be a problem. People on a IRL schedule are inevitably on an IC schedule and stuck with the same in game times. 

• Like 1

I dont think the solution is to open banks 24/7 unrealistically but to either speed up the "IC time" or implement other ways of retrieving salary. I already have a suggestion open for Fleeca Banks for more IC uses than robbing them.

The server has a predictable routine and a lot of it revolves around bank opening. Thats when a lot of business owners order merchandise, its when players stop hunting and go sell their meat, or stop fishing and sell their fish, logs etc. Having a bank schedule allows people to plan their IC days and activities around this (Criminals AND civillians alike). I think we should look for alternatives rather than taking away the ability to plan RP.

• Like 1