Dirty Mike

Update Drug Dealers to give Packed Cash instead of Money

I hear alot of people complain about having to hit banks/stores to keep money launders happy, and as the bank can only be hit a certain time, and certain groups might not have bank robbery's in their lore, I suggest that anytime you sell drugs to a drug dealer that instead of cash in your pocket you receive packed cash that could be laundered. It would make robbing banks not a requirement to keep launders happy. and makes sense as your selling alot of drugs to a dealer so you should get some el chappo style money

• NAY 1

I am not in support of this in the slightest due to it ultimately taking away the need to rob banks/stores as a whole because you could just get the money from drugs. What I would rather see are increased ways to get packed money that do not depend on a race against the clock. I, for one, am no fan of the limited resources and the dependency on a clock/timer/manipulating timezones all for packed money. I believe it does not promote fluidity nor does it encourage the smaller time criminal from stepping into the world of laundering. Things such as the following are quick thoughts that come to mind:

- ATM robberies were mentioned and teased in the past which I believe should be somewhat “quick” with a much lower payout and still accessible by the solo criminal.

- Ability to obtain packed money via RNG chance when chopping vehicles and selling drugs. The primary output will always be cash but depending on RNG there would be a possibility for a little packed cash.

- Additional methods of getting packed money be it self printing after collecting certain items, rewards for F4 faction mission-type objectives, etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This is horrible idea and it will imbalance alot of things for pd and crim both. There won't be value of hitting banks and stores for faction who does bank only to keep their turfs. Faction should work hard to maintain their turfs, no point of making them easy to maintain it.

BIG NO

Edited by DeRose
  • chill 2

1 hour ago, Aldarine said:

I am not in support of this in the slightest due to it ultimately taking away the need to rob banks/stores as a whole because you could just get the money from drugs. What I would rather see are increased ways to get packed money that do not depend on a race against the clock. I, for one, am no fan of the limited resources and the dependency on a clock/timer/manipulating timezones all for packed money. I believe it does not promote fluidity nor does it encourage the smaller time criminal from stepping into the world of laundering. Things such as the following are quick thoughts that come to mind:

- ATM robberies were mentioned and teased in the past which I believe should be somewhat “quick” with a much lower payout and still accessible by the solo criminal.

- Ability to obtain packed money via RNG chance when chopping vehicles and selling drugs. The primary output will always be cash but depending on RNG there would be a possibility for a little packed cash.

- Additional methods of getting packed money be it self printing after collecting certain items, rewards for F4 faction mission-type objectives, etc.

I like those ideas, we need something to change 

I can see this working in one way only.

You can choose either pocket money or packed cash.

But the packed cash is worth half of the drug selling price, which more often than not would result in a loss of profit on the drugs. So the only time people would have any reason to do this is when they are down bad bad with their launderer.

They won't just make profit and double up on influence, they either get profit and influence, or possible loss and double influence.

But even then I'm not sure if it would be wise to add this mechanic in when there are other suggestions, like the ones posted by Aldarine.